NEWS

Milspec Tech

• 73 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <02-20-11/2314:38> »
No, it's for any high-value item (Banks and ATMs for sure for dealing with UCAS$, but also firearms for Weapon's World and such as well), or through High-Risk areas, such as into the Autofactories in the Barrens and such.

I also used one as a prison bus that one of my PCs had to be busted out of.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #31 on: <02-20-11/2322:45> »
No, it's for any high-value item (Banks and ATMs for sure for dealing with UCAS$, but also firearms for Weapon's World and such as well), or through High-Risk areas, such as into the Autofactories in the Barrens and such.

I also used one as a prison bus that one of my PCs had to be busted out of.
All perfectly valid uses, but again, not exactly subtle and unassuming as vehicles o.O
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #32 on: <02-20-11/2333:10> »
Subtle does not describe the character nor the player.   :-\

Actually, I misremembered.  It has Chameleon Coating, which can give it any design they want on it, so they can drive it around as a brown Federal United Postal Delivery Service van (Fed-UP.).

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <02-20-11/2349:35> »
Actually, I misremembered.  It has Chameleon Coating, which can give it any design they want on it, so they can drive it around as a brown Federal United Postal Delivery Service van (Fed-UP.).
And that little detail now means I have zero issues with the van being in use :D

Note though: Standard postal van? Really? With Visible Armoured plates?  ???

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <02-20-11/2350:28> »
And that little detail now means I have zero issues with the van being in use :D

Note though: Standard postal van? Really? With Visible Armoured plates?  ???

I could buy it depending where the van has to deliver to
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <02-20-11/2354:00> »
In the days where DocWagon sends a fully armed and armored SWAT TEAM for an ambulance call, I can see armored postal vans.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <02-20-11/2358:47> »
In the days where DocWagon sends a fully armed and armored SWAT TEAM for an ambulance call, I can see armored postal vans.
I thought they only did this in the case of Platinum contracts (which are NOT common) and/or HTR's when performing a scene-analysis.

Didn't think it was standard for all ambulance calls....

Phreak Commandment V:

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <02-21-11/0005:37> »
Ok, but when is a call for a down shadowrunner NOT a HRT.  Plus they charge for it.  If I were CEO of DocWagon all calls would be HRT and let the insurance company fight it if they don't want to pay.

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <02-21-11/0006:30> »
Ok, but when is a call for a down shadowrunner NOT a HRT.  Plus they charge for it.  If I were CEO of DocWagon all calls would be HRT and let the insurance company fight it if they don't want to pay.

thats just mean lol

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <02-21-11/0011:00> »
Hmm, I'm not with you on this.

Joe Average doesn't want you to show up at work with SMG's and body-armour just because he's choking on a pickle in a restaurant.

Also, the costs for fielding enough HTR's to cover every ambulance vehicle would just be ASTRONOMICAL.

Query: Is it HTR or HRT? I always thought it was High Threat Response, but enough people are using the HRT acronym I'm feeling like I've got Dyslexia here o.O

Phreak Commandment V:

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #40 on: <02-21-11/0018:25> »
Didn't think it was standard for all ambulance calls....
From what I understand, depending on the neighborhood and what the police scanner says, they send an ambulance first if the area is considered "Secure" (The paramedics are armed and armored), and then fall back for support if that information is incorrect.

If the area is unsecured, it's the HRT.

If the area is and out-and-out war zone...  Well, depends on the level the DocWagon contract is at.  But a Platinum one would be an HRT with Drone and Helo CAS.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <02-21-11/0025:07> »
Ok, but when is a call for a down shadowrunner NOT a HRT. 
Depends on a few things:
A) If it's a run on extra-territorial ground, DocWagon needs permission to come onsite. For legitimate reasons during business hours, this is rarely an issue, but if the corp has no idea who you are or why you're there...DocWagon may not get to you.
B) As others have said, it will depend on correlating police scanner info and neighbourhood ratings. If it's listed as a quiet neighbourhood having a quiet night (because we're all professionals doing our dirty deeds with a minimum of ruckus, yes?), then no HTR should be requested
- Again, Joe Average doesn't want his neighbours seeing SMG's and body-armour kicking down his door while he's busy having a coronary

Phreak Commandment V:

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #42 on: <02-21-11/0036:29> »
Pistol packing paramedics in subtle armor, however, would be perfectly acceptable, and even expected and thanked for their speedy service!   :)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <02-21-11/0042:20> »
Pistol packing paramedics in subtle armor, however, would be perfectly acceptable, and even expected and thanked for their speedy service!   :)

I know I won't complain at all.

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <02-21-11/0115:25> »
Hmm, I'm not with you on this.

Joe Average doesn't want you to show up at work with SMG's and body-armour just because he's choking on a pickle in a restaurant.

Also, the costs for fielding enough HTR's to cover every ambulance vehicle would just be ASTRONOMICAL.

Query: Is it HTR or HRT? I always thought it was High Threat Response, but enough people are using the HRT acronym I'm feeling like I've got Dyslexia here o.O

It's HTR but in a similar vein to "teh" it simply never gets typed HTR by some people.

The way I see it, DocWagon is paying those guys ANYWAY, and the cost of having HTR teams sitting on their thumbs is also astronomical.  DocWagon isn't for everyone, its for people who can afford DocWagon service, I'm not sure Joe Average is on their subscription list.  And if he IS on the list, he might appreciate the SWAT guys setting off a perimeter to get him in the ambulance and to the hospital before he chokes to death.  The restaurant on the other hand might not. 

Not all calls can be prescreened either, and its better to HAVE the HTR and not need it than need it and hot have it.  Sure, not all calls are HTR, but the HTR division is profit generating.  Any time there is ANY chance DocWagon could send it out, I would assume they do.