NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #165 on: <12-31-15/1534:19> »
Surely we've all had players who bring a single-shot hold out pistol using an assault cannon round?
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #166 on: <12-31-15/1724:14> »
Surely we've all had players who bring a single-shot hold out pistol using an assault cannon round?

Generally not, since that's impossible.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <12-31-15/1726:33> »

Generally not, since that's impossible.
Only in recent editions. SR3s Cannon Companion allows you to craft custom weapons, including, you guessed it, a hold out with a single assault cannon round ;)

Gratuitous Boom

• Newb
« Reply #168 on: <01-01-16/0055:08> »
Also, don't forget that you can dress an Anthro drone in armor and it will then use *eiher* the armor *or* it's own... they don't stack. (Sorry!) ... that one's called out specifically in their section. :)

I've scanned the book and haven't been able to find any reference for this rule.

Would an anthro drones with worn armor still have the damage threshold that vehicles get?

Edit: Sometimes I'm a moron. Modified DV equal or less than modified armor is converted to stun damage. Vehicles don't have a stun tract. Therefore anthro drones retain the "damage threshold".
« Last Edit: <01-03-16/1622:19> by Gratuitous Boom »

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #169 on: <01-01-16/1241:48> »
I think it still gets the damage threshold based on it's inherent armor, but uses the worn armor for soaking. Essentially like the Granite Skin mutation, only the drone gets no free soak hits.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Game2bHappy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #170 on: <01-01-16/1710:22> »
The mess with the speed is one of the main reasons why I have been so reluctant to use Drones and Vehicles in Tactical Combat, even as GM. And this is sad: Nothing´s more Sci-Fi than Drones.But how am I supposed to do that if can´t really tell how these little beasts move? Let alone how to make them a threat...

Definitely agree.  I am merely echoing the frustration of players in Missions runs with multiple GMs.  Since movement is redefined every time they switch GMs, they are already pretty frustrated by the time they arrive in my game.
  Chase scenes - the only vehicle movement rules that are relatively defined - are rarely used and usually occur as fluff with the characters taking other combat/non-combat actions to make the scene interesting and player-driven.   I would love to see a vehicle/drone system that works within normal combat.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #171 on: <01-01-16/1819:07> »
It is odd.  Myself and just about every player I know doesn't think "vehicle chase" when they think drones.  They think "building security" or "tactical combat drone".  Standard scale is what the default for drones is and should be but there's no rules for basic movement...  It's weird.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #172 on: <01-02-16/1315:47> »
This is kinda a Shadowtalk issue but on page 43 Turbo Bunny and Thorn are talking about tricks using the Revolution Monocycle.

Turbo says there's a "360" trick that sends you "straight back the way you came" and states the "half measure" of the 180 puts you flat on your side.  Judging by context I think she actually means the 180 goes straight back where you come from and an attempt at a sharp 90 puts you on your side because you know.... a 360 means you end up continuing the way you were originally going.  Because Geometry.

Gratuitous Boom

• Newb
« Reply #173 on: <01-05-16/1143:48> »
On page 159 under Armor, the maximum armor a vehicle can have is described as base armor plus body. However, in the protection modifications table obvious armor costs ratingx2 mod slots and concealed armor costs rating x 3 slots. This means the maxi armor for a vehicle is base armor plus body/2 for obvious armor and base armor plus body/3 for concealed armor. This is a non trivial difference.

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #174 on: <01-05-16/1228:44> »
On page 159 under Armor, the maximum armor a vehicle can have is described as base armor plus body. However, in the protection modifications table obvious armor costs ratingx2 mod slots and concealed armor costs rating x 3 slots. This means the maxi armor for a vehicle is base armor plus body/2 for obvious armor and base armor plus body/3 for concealed armor. This is a non trivial difference.
Yeah. I was building out my Tanked Up Ford Americar and noticed this. One part says Armor + Body and the other ends up being Armor + Body/2 or Armor + Body/3, which means you can't really get a ridiculously tank Ford Americar for driving through the CZ.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #175 on: <01-05-16/1318:19> »

Wakshaani, your updated stats drop the Crawler from a small drone to a Mini drone, with a rather dramatic reduction to the drone's body (3->1), making it much more limited in terms of what it could mount. The core version could mount an assault rifle, the updated version can mount up to a light pistol, or a machine pistol if you downgrade another stat. There is no other suitable body 3 small drone to replace it - you might be able to gut a Shamus or MCT Tunneler to get close, but even then the addition of Gecko Grips would put you over in points.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #176 on: <01-05-16/1324:38> »

I think it is written that way because there may be edge cases with low body vehicles where pulling out mods to gain additional mod points could allow you to buy more than [body] worth of armor. Without more robust vehicle downgrade rules, this isn't possible with any of the existing vehicles that I can see, but might be possible with drones if you use the vehicle rules for them. But there might be vehicles in future books that make it possible (a body 4 bike with factory installed Rating 3+ Anti-Theft, for example).

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #177 on: <01-06-16/0827:49> »
Yeah. I was building out my Tanked Up Ford Americar and noticed this. One part says Armor + Body and the other ends up being Armor + Body/2 or Armor + Body/3, which means you can't really get a ridiculously tank Ford Americar for driving through the CZ.

which is why it's better to be in an up-armored Bulldog than found on road dead in an Americar
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #178 on: <01-06-16/1504:15> »
I will double check again in a bit, but the milspec Rhino has different stats in the table than under its section in the Milspec groundcrafts, with it being far better in the section than the table.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #179 on: <01-06-16/1637:27> »
No pricing is given for the options for the Wolf II (p. 77). It has ¥ symbols in parenthesis like there was the intent to have them, but that's all there is except for Troop Transport (for 0¥, which I assume means that this is the default loadout).