NEWS

Shapechange difficulties...

• 8 Replies

Warden Drake

• Newb
« on: <06-07-20/2045:14> »
Does anybody know where I can find the specific sizes for races, for Shapechange?  Had an idea for a character, but I couldn't find anything conclusive about the sizes for both metahumanity and the animal forms. 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <06-08-20/0204:10> »
The precise description in Street Grimoire is the following:
The subject can only assume
the form of a critter whose base Body Rating is 2
points greater or less than her own.
So we have to look at Body rating, not specific sizes. If we look at p402+ in SR5 CRB, we got Dog at 4, Shark at 5, Wolf & Great Cat at 6, Horse at 8. Howling Shadows introduces 18 more. All combined we get the following:

Body 1: Cockroach; Ferret; Raccoon; Rat; Spider
Body 2: Barracuda; Cat; Crow; Snake
Body 4: Chimpanzee; Dog; Squid
Body 5: Shark
Body 6: Boar; Great Cat; Wolf
Body 7: Sea Lion
Body 8: Alligator; Dolphin; Horse
Body 9: Bear
Body 10: Giraffe
Body 12: Elephant; Killer Whale
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Warden Drake

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-08-20/0723:02> »
What about body ratings for the "main" playable races, i.e. humans, orks, elves, dwarfs, etc.  Would some of the alterations, like drake form or changeling, affect the body rating as well? 

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-08-20/0844:18> »
What about body ratings for the "main" playable races, i.e. humans, orks, elves, dwarfs, etc.  Would some of the alterations, like drake form or changeling, affect the body rating as well?
You can only shapechange into regular animals.

Quote from: Street Grimoire p. 118 Shapechange
Shapechange transforms a voluntary subject into a normal (non-paranormal) critter, though the subject retains human consciousness.

Would some of the alterations, like drake form or changeling, affect the body rating as well?
You will get the base physical attributes (including, but not limited to, body rating - which still need to be no more and no less than 2 from your normal body rating) of the animal you shapechange into (or specific critter form you changed into), and then you add +1 to all of them for each hit you got.

Quote from: Street Grimoire p. 118 Shapechange
Consult the Critters section, (p. 392, SR5) for the subject’s Physical attributes while in critter form. Add 1 to the critter’s Base attribute Ratings for every hit the caster generates. Her Mental attributes remain unchanged.
« Last Edit: <06-08-20/0854:44> by Xenon »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <06-08-20/1042:24> »
If you're running a Dragon NPC that has a special version of Shapechange that lets them turn into a human, just grab whatever Metahuman you want, really.

Warden Drake

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <06-08-20/1827:40> »
Perhaps I should have been a bit more clear; I was wanting to see what each metahuman archtype would be limited to; for instance, would a human be able to turn into, say, a wolf?  What about an ork; would they be able to turn into a wolf?  What about a dwarf?  An elf?  It's not about becoming a different metahuman race, it's about seeing the limitations about what each metahuman race could turn into; I was also wanting to see if the other modifiers, such as drake and/or changeling, would affect the base character's body rating. 

If you referring to the changeling character I was talking about in another post; he's not really meant to be a character, he was just a test to see if I could remake my D&D character in Shadowrun; I'm not going to playing him, or probably even using him as an NPC, he's just a proof of concept.  Sorry if I was unclear; I'm still a bit new to this. 

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-09-20/1655:58> »
I was wanting to see what each metahuman archtype would be limited to
It depend on the specific metahuman's Body rating.

Before you may shift to a Dog (that have a listed Body of 4) you need to make sure you have a Body rating of 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. If your body is less than 2 or higher than 6 then you cannot become a dog. No matter if you are are an Elf, Dwarf, Troll, Human, Ork.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <06-09-20/1712:21> »
Humans and Elves have 1-6 Body Range, Dwarfs 3-8, Orks 4-9, Trolls 5-10. But individuals can have anywhere in that range. So theoretically, only Trolls can shapechange into Elephants, but you need to actually be a 10-Body Troll to do so. A Troll with 5 Body can only change into Dogs to Sea Lions, not into a Body 8 Horse.

Warden Drake

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <06-09-20/2037:49> »
Alright, this is exactly what I needed to know; thanks Michael.