Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

[SR5] AI Drone rigger

(1/4) > >>

Triskavanski:
So I'm working on trying out something, since the group I'm working with has a number of people already, and FA killed my mages.  (We had a lot of mages anyways)

Basically working on an AI drone rigger, who pilots a secretary drone.

What I'm trying to figure out here
1) How do you stop GOD from now just coming in and smashing your face with with the all mighty ban hammer.
2) Do Autosofts work like skillwires for an AI?
3) Any particular pitfalls to be careful of?
4) Does the cyberware that can be placed in the drones arms and legs actually do anything? Especially like hyrdolic shocks

PiXeL01:
GOD has no reason to converge on you as a Rigger as you are not breaking any matrix laws

Hobbes:
#2.  Autosofts have some similarity to skillwires, but aren't quite.  Drones can run a number equal to their Pilot rating, RCCs let you share them among drones, you can spend Edge, and each model of drone needs it's own autosoft.

#3.  Drones are fragile.  Riggers need Reaction, Logic, Agility, and Intuition, and a crapton of skills. 

#4.  Should work as advertised.

Triskavanski:

--- Quote from: PiXeL01 on ---GOD has no reason to converge on you as a Rigger as you are not breaking any matrix laws

--- End quote ---

GOD Does the moment I Load Walk like a monkey advance program. The moment one is loaded I gain an OS equal to my depth. The in addition to the normal

--- Quote from: Hobbes on ---#2.  Autosofts have some similarity to skillwires, but aren't quite.  Drones can run a number equal to their Pilot rating, RCCs let you share them among drones, you can spend Edge, and each model of drone needs it's own autosoft.

#3.  Drones are fragile.  Riggers need Reaction, Logic, Agility, and Intuition, and a crapton of skills. 

#4.  Should work as advertised.

--- End quote ---

for 3, would Reaction/Agility be replaced by the drone's pilot stat, like it would be on a normal dog brained drone?

Ghost Rigger:

--- Quote from: Triskavanski on ---
--- Quote from: PiXeL01 on ---GOD has no reason to converge on you as a Rigger as you are not breaking any matrix laws

--- End quote ---

GOD Does the moment I Load Walk like a monkey advance program. The moment one is loaded I gain an OS equal to my depth. The in addition to the normal
--- End quote ---
So either don't run WLAM at all, or only run it for short periods of time when you absolutely have to. This isn't as big an issue as you think it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version