NEWS

Into the Chaos Chapter 2 Recruitment

• 180 Replies

Mulcarn

• Omae
« on: <08-26-16/1417:58> »
Hail and well met!  We are looking for more players to join us in surviving what could only be called a Zombie Apocalpyse.  Seattle is on the brink of collapse.  Undead roam the streets at night and terrorize the living.  Knight Errant has proven to be powerless to stop the rising tide of darkness and destruction.  Lone Star has a new contract to police the city in place of Knight Errant and martial law has been declared.  Gangs and syndicates are quick to take the opportunity of the mass chaos, leaving the city even further divided.  Many are flocking under their banners for even the slightest hope of safety while the rest either riot in the streets or lock themselves up at night.

Magic is rare, the Awakened are hunted.  Fear of magic is at an all new high because of the walking dead.  The awakened community now face persecution during these dark times.  Witch-hunts aren't uncommon with all mages and adepts being blamed for the plague of zombies that haunt the city.  (You have been forewarned Magical PCs)

Gilga will be the Game Master for this campaign, which will start on October 1st.  You are not required to have read all of the previous threads and missions in regards to this campaign.  The story of all that is happening and has happened will be explained over the course of you playing and shadowrunning.

Characters can be made with either Standard priority or Sum2Ten, but Gilga has the final say.  There will be a number of house rules that Gilga, Jack and I have created that we will enforce during the course of the campaign.  I will post these rules below once I have them all in order.  Idealistically we would like to have 2-4 more payers for this campaign.  Have Fun!  ;D

Jack_Spade - Kynos, Ex-military Soldier
Mulcarn - Sovereign, Rogue Mage
Ennui - Kernal, Special Forces Sniper
Kuirem - Wheely, Matrix Rigger
Imladir - Nyx, Drake Adept
Mercy Merchant - Nicole Monet, Ex-corporate Medic
Stuttrboy -  Shiba Ayato, Swordmaster Adept

House Rules
[spoiler]Alchemy House Rule

Alchemical Preparations now require (Force) drams of reagents when made and they last indefinitely.  Meaning alchemists can now stockpile alchemical preparations without fear of them going to waste.  This also means mundanes can purchase preparations from the local alchemist shop to use for whatever their magical needs would be.

Alchemical Preparations are now sold at your local talismonger for (Force x 100) nuyen and they are (Force X 2) restricted.  You need an alchemist license to have a preparation or you can choose not to have one and it'd be illegal.

Fixation House Rule

Alchemical Preparations can be infused with karma during their creation.  If this is done, then the magical effect of the preparation will sustain itself (Similar to Quickening).  For all intents and purposes, the self-sustained alchemical preparation counts as a spell and is subject to disjoining and background count.  However, unlike quickened spells, fixated alchemical preparations have a duration of 1 month.

Fixated Alchemical Preparations now count as a Focus for determining Foci Addiction.

Quickening House Rule

The maximum number of spells you can quicken is equal to you Initiate Grade.

Quickened Spells now count as a Focus for determining Foci Addiction.

Invocation House Rule

Invocation is a metamagic ritual that allows a magician to instill more power into a bound spirit.  The net hits at the completion of this ritual determines what number of effects it has on the spirit.  This ritual takes one hour per Force of the spirit and requires (Force x 25) drams of reagents to be used up in the invocation.  The test is an Opposed Binding + Magic [Force] v. spirit's Force x 2, and you must resist Drain after the attempt.  The Drain Value is equal to twice the hits (not net hits) on the spirit’s defense test, with a minimum Drain Value of 2. If the spirit’s Force is greater than your Magic rating, the Drain is Physical; otherwise it’s Stun.  If you get no net hits, the spirit is unaffected.  If you get net hits, the spirit is transformed into a great form spirit.

A magician that knows the Art of Sacrifice and Invocation may create a truly frightening entity—a great form blood spirit. During the ritual, a metahuman victim must be killed; this is required to fuel the “ascension” of the Blood Spirit.

1. Increase Force by 1.
2. Gain Banishing Resistance power (p. 194, SG)
3. Gain an additional optional power (see powers listed by spirit type p. 394, SR5)
4. Gain greater spirit power appropriate to the spirit type (p. 137, SG)
5. Gain Astral Gateway power (p. 194, SG)
6. Gain Endowment power (p. 195, SG)

Engulf House Rule

Engulf and Energy Aura no longer stack with one another.  The damage from Engulf is applied once when successfully used and again at the start of the subsequent Combat Round, and each Combat Round thereafter.

Energy Aura converts Engulf to the element of the Aura.  This means that let's say you are using Engulf - Water while you have Energy Aura - Cold, the Engulf element will be switched to Cold.

Spirits House Rule

Spirits are now immune to their respective element.  All spirits are immune to the following - (Age, Pathogens, Toxins.)  All non-toxic spirits have the weaknesses - Allergy (Pollutants, Severe.) and Allergy (Radiation, Severe.)

Air Spirits - Electrical
Earth Spirits - Acid
Fire Spirits - Fire
Water Spirits - Cold
Noxious Spirits - Pollutant
Barren Spirits - Pollutant
Sludge Spirits - Pollutant
Nuclear Spirits - Radiation[/spoiler]

Elemental Effects
[spoiler]ACID DAMAGE

Acid damage is Physical.  Resist with Body + Armor + (Chemical Protection?) (Chemical Seal provides full immunity?).  In addition to its normal damage, it also reduces the rating of any Armor it hits by 1.  If the acid isn’t removed from the target (by washing it off, or because the acid is from a spell or power and evaporates into mana after the spell or power ends), then the acid continues to burn.  Each Combat Turn the base DV of the acid is decreased by 1 and damage is applied again.  The acid also continues to burn through armor reducing the target’s Armor rating by 1 until the acid is removed, neutralized, or loses all its base DV.  The Armor reduction should be applied to worn Armor first but could be applied to Armor accessories (+Armor items) if the gamemaster allows.

COLD DAMAGE

Cold damage is Physical.  Resist with Body + Armor + Insulation.  Additionally, cold damage can make armor brittle, liquids freeze, lubricants gum up, etc.  Make a simple Armor Test for anything directly hit.  If the armor gets no hits, it breaks and cannot be used as armor.  It can be repaired with the Building & Repairing rules.  In the case of a glitch, it’s destroyed irreparably.  With a critical glitch the armor breaks irreparably in a dangerous way.

ELECTRICITY DAMAGE

Electricity damage is either Physical or Stun depending on the source and/or the target.  Resist with Body + Armor + Non-conductivity.  An Electricity attack that does no damage also does not apply it's secondary effect.  You incur a -1 dice pool penalty on all actions and Defense Tests, but not Damage Resistance Tests, for 1 Combat Turn and an immediate Initiative Score reduction by 5.  These debuffs don't stack with themselves, but the length of the penalty is extended by 1 Combat Turn for each successful damaging attack while a character is affected.

Electronic equipment and drones can also be affected by Electricity damage. They never suffer Stun damage so Electricity damage is Physical when used against electronics and drones. They resist damage as usual and suffer a secondary effect if they take even a single box of damage.

The secondary effect for electronics and drones damaged by Electricity damage is shorting out or overloading. In game terms this is reflected as secondary Matrix damage equal to half the Physical damage rounded down. Vehicles can be damaged by Electricity attacks but do not suffer any secondary effects.

FIRE DAMAGE

Fire damage is Physical.  Resist with Body + Armor + Fire Resistance.  To determine if something catches fire, roll Armor + Fire Resistance - Fire Penetration.  The threshold of this test is the net hits rolled on the fire-based attack.  When something catches fire, the fire has an initial Damage Value of 3. This damage is caused at the end of each Combat Turn, and the DV increases by 1 at the start of each subsequent Combat Turn until the item is completely destroyed or the fire is put out. You can fight the fire a number of ways (water, smothering, etc.), making an Agility + Intuition Test and reducing the fire’s DV by 1 for each hit. Remember, as long as the fire is burning it can ignite any nearby flammables, including furniture, vehicles, foliage, and elves.

POLLUTANT DAMAGE

Pollutant damage is Physical.  Resist with Body + Chemical Protection (Chemical Seal provides full immunity).  If the damage is not fully resisted then make a Toxin Resistance Test (see below).

Vector: Contact or Inhalation.
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: (Net Hits of attack)
Effect: Anaphylactic Shock (see below)

Anaphylactic Shock: If the damage from the attack with this effect is not completely resisted, the victim enters anaphylactic shock, resulting in muscle spasms and autonomic system failure if left untreated. The victim continues to take 1 box of unresisted Physical damage each Combat Turn until death, or until the victim is treated as per Stabilization (see Stabilization, p. 209, SR5).

RADIATION DAMAGE

Radiation damage is Physical.  Resist with Body + Radiation Shielding.  Make an immediate Toxin Resistance Test with the following formula: Body + Willpower + Radiation Shielding (Chemical Protection mods and Chemical Seals do nothing for this test).

Vector: Contact
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: (Net Hits of attack)
Effect: Nausea (see Toxins, p. 408, SR5)[/spoiler]

Zombie Apocalpyse
[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-16-17/0738:53> by Mulcarn »
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-26-16/1439:49> »
Ah, great to hear back from you.

Kynos is ready and eager to bust some heads - maybe even some of those responsible for the shit show Seattle  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-26-16/1500:04> »
I didn't read the chapter one, but I'd be interested to play in this unusual setting. When you're talking about undead, I understand it's "real" zombies, and not "just" infected?

By the way, would karma creation be ok?
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-26-16/1509:52> »
You are correct, although it's both technically.  Ghouls, Vampires and Shedim make up the Undead faction of the campaign.  Create your character to deal with them accordingly.  (Don't skimp out on social skills though.  Fighting and combat is only going to be 25% of gameplay at best)

Karma creation should be fine, I don't have the final say however.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <08-26-16/1651:08> »
There's one exception, but otherwise I tend to make my characters more socials than anything else so it should be okay.

Noted for karma creation. It was more to know if there was some philosophical reason to not include it in the available methods, or just that Sum2Ten was meant as a "standard creation rules apply" statement ^^
I might have a concept requiring karmagen though. I'll have to think about it.

By the way, in addition to Jack's Kynos, what are the characters still active?

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-26-16/1911:58> »
As far as I know it's just Kynos and Sovereign.  Both can be found here.  http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21756.0
« Last Edit: <08-26-16/1916:07> by Mulcarn »

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-26-16/1945:00> »
Ok.
Maybe some of the others will resurface (if Gilga accepts them of course) when then see this, but I'll look into it thanks.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-27-16/0231:38> »
Hi, Thanks for organizing it Mulcarn and yes karma gen is acceptable.

Some lessons learned from the first edition, we are still looking at an open world theme where you can generally choose what kind of work you take and with what NPCs you develop a relationship.
I'll try to be more focused in lines of plots and have less conflicting character interests. I think I kind of over did it first time.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-27-16/0245:23> »
Ok cool. I have a first outline, but I'm not yet satisfied by it. And since it's a bit...well...off the beaten track, I'll prepare another character, more standard too. That way when you say no to the first one, I'll have another one ready :P

No problems at all regarding the "less conflicting characters interests", that's not something I like anyway ^^

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <08-27-16/0257:34> »
I'm also interested in this and I working on a character.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-31-16/1036:28> »
I guess I should have mentioned this before but if you're interested in playing you can post your characters here.  Even if it's just a rough draft or base outline.  Gilga, Jack and I will help you out with the process or if you have any questions.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <08-31-16/1041:23> »
I'm waiting on some feedback from Gilga, so no questions at this point :)

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <08-31-16/1934:49> »
You still have spots I was trying to upload my character yesterday.  still rough around the edges though.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <08-31-16/2001:33> »
We have enough room to accomadate 4 more players.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <08-31-16/2319:46> »
And I'm good, a shiny (weird) new character with a fresh "Ok" stamp of approval.