NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

• 377 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #210 on: <04-28-17/1942:45> »
I am traveling Monday and Tuesday. I should have internet access the whole time but my schedule might be goofy.

In other news, my toddler is transitioning from two naps a day to one, so my regular schedule is also goofy until we reach a new equilibrium.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #211 on: <05-02-17/1630:01> »
Alright, let's get some posts up. Still need IC posts from rednblack and MDMann.

Let's also get some problem-solving going for the Ité situation. You have tools available in your tool box. Let's use them.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #212 on: <05-03-17/1228:27> »
Coming up. Where Dan fails to stop Ite's plug being pulled.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #213 on: <05-04-17/0127:52> »
Short IC is up.

@rednblack You didn't roll any attacks for your roto-drones so I'm assuming that you are pulling them back. If not, then you'll have a better sense of what's happening at the base but they'll also be subject to incoming fire.

There's nothing crashing down on your position yet but the odds increase every minute.

Feel free to keep posting and advancing the action.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #214 on: <05-04-17/1559:06> »
I forgot about the vomit!  Thanks for the save, Tec.  I will make it a point to put something about that in my next IC.

The Roto-drone is indeed being pulled back.  Ideally, it would do some sort of tactical retreat, firing off rounds as it heads back toward the Sioux border, but that's more to cause chaos and confusion -- as well as lead the UCAS boys and girls away from their position -- but I'm not sure how much the dog brain can handle.

Looks like Chante has carrying Ite covered.  Shiriki will move his meat sack into the helicopter and physically jack in to the Dragon, and do lift off as soon as everyone's aboard. 

I'm going to go ahead and roll Piloting for liftoff. 
Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 18 dice.: 18d6t5 5

Storm resist
Environmental Opposed Roll: 12: 12d6t5 1

That's looking better.  Shiriki must be more focused now that a potentially dying brother-in-arms is aboard.  I'm sure the rest of the crew will appreciate that.

Shiriki will try to keep the Dragon low to avoid radar, but Shiriki the pilot and rednblack the player have very different understandings here of how that works.  If anyone wants to set me straight, I'd appreciate it. 

Next step is setting up a secure channel with the SDF to let them know they're homeward bound so that they don't get knocked out of the sky entering Sioux airspace in a UCAS helicopter.

@Tec, how far should I push things ICly?  Also, how many Piloting tests do you want in the interim?  Last, what's the fuel situation looking like?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #215 on: <05-04-17/1653:08> »
Chante summons a spirit of earth. Let's call this a regular spirit, unless Chante wants to go after a greater one. That means we have a Strength 8 spirit moving a Strength 9 Ité. It can do it, but it's slow going (especially since the spirit is Agility 2).

While the spirit is hauling Ité, the Anglos arrive. Chante will see them when she turns around to look. Her astral sight will note that the team is being followed by a watcher. It is leading a spirit toward the team, along with a squad of metahumans. Her low-light vision will also spy the Dobermen.

Let's roll initiative. You'll need to cover the earth spirit as it moves Ité.

@rednblack Shiriki can still be on the ground or he can have climbed into the helicopter already, your choice. Fuel is looking okay as long as you head straight for a border (north, west, or south). You're on the north edge of the woods; the woods are providing you cover from the base's turrets. North will be the safest direction, but only if you fly low enough that the turrets won't have an angle to hit you (by firing over the trees). But the bad news is that north will fly you straight into the storm, and so you'll be moving the slowest and will have the greatest risk of running out of fuel.

Shiriki will pilot like a boss when the time comes, but it's too early to fly away yet.

@Chante You're in the vicinity of the earth spirit. You can stop to return fire or you can climb aboard the Dragon (using your movement action) to operate one of the machine guns. Or, you know, charge in with your tomahawks. You're still invisible, but the spirit won't care about that.

@GloriousRuse Similar situation to Chante. I presume Swoopy was headed toward Ité with the sled, so he can either stop and fire or he can return to the Dragon to use a machine gun.

@MDMann Similar choices for Dan-Dan. I presume he's starting from the Dragon but you can say that he had gotten out to help Swoopy if you want.

Only two of the Dragon's machine guns can be brought to bear on the incoming squad.

Starting distances to the incoming squad, which can be changed with movement actions (both yours and theirs):
Dragon - Long
Earth Spirit + Ité + Chante - Medium
Shiriki's Roto-Drone - Medium

You're facing off against six soldiers. Rolling randomly:
#1 - male ork
#2 - female human
#3 - male human
#4 - female human
#5 - male ork
#6 - male elf

Plus two Dobermen:
#7 - Doberman A
#8 - Doberman B

Plus a regular spirit of water, which we'll fashion as an ice elemental:
#9 - Ice Elemental

Initiative
4 hits - ?
3 hits - ?
3 hits - ?
2 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
0 hits - ?
0 hits - ?

If you roll four or more hits on Initiative you can declare and roll. If not, get in line and see what happens before you!

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #216 on: <05-04-17/1743:38> »
Well Dan's obviously not up to his game considering.

Initiative: 8d6t5 2 2 hits. Initiative.

He'll head to the patient. Close combat he's the boss. Sneaking. Oh yeah. Shooting. Not so much.

To stay stealthy.

Stealth Agility 6 + Catlike 2 + Mentor Cat 1 + Stealth 4: 13d6t5 6 6 hits. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I'll roll medicine when I get to him. Next round I presume? Anything else I should be rolling. Also let's not kill the mooks after our hoops.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #217 on: <05-04-17/1754:28> »
Dan-Dan can close to the patient this round but how much he can accomplish while Ité is being actively moved (in full body armor) at night in a swirling blizzard is highly debatable. Actually, it's not debatable. Dan-Dan can't do anything productive for Ité until he's in a settled situation. The best thing to do would be to prevent Ité from getting riddled with bullets by the approaching squad that may or may not realize that Ité is a non-combatant.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #218 on: <05-05-17/0129:07> »
Initiative: 9d6t5 2

I'll stand in line.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #219 on: <05-05-17/1040:37> »
Initiative: 10d6t5 o hits  Thanks, Orokos.

Chante is still invisible.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #220 on: <05-05-17/1249:27> »
@Jayde, tough luck with the dice. 0 hits is 0 hits, but your Initiative should be 8 dice unless you spent plot points to add more. Base for prime runners is 8; you would have 9 if you were sustaining Increased Reflexes instead of Invisibility.

I'll give Glorious a few more hours. If he hasn't rolled by this afternoon then I may roll for him and start resolving actions, depending on how the workflow is at the office.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #221 on: <05-05-17/1256:24> »
Lol, I keep forgetting that initiative is a static roll.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #222 on: <05-05-17/1734:18> »
Initiative: 10d6t5 3

Hmmm. If not dead, go to cover and toss an EMP grenade into their midst. If EMP is considered too exotic, plain ole frag will do
« Last Edit: <05-05-17/1739:51> by GloriousRuse »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #223 on: <05-05-17/1824:13> »
@Glorious, same comment to you. You should be rolling 9 dice for Initiative instead of 10. You get a base of 8 and your Synaptic Booster gives you one more. If you want to spend plot points on Initiative rolls, please call them out explicitly.

The good news is that this doesn't cost you a hit. The bad news is that Swoopy doesn't actually have any grenades. The only person has has any grenades is Ité. I would allow Swoopy to grab one off the troll. The available flavors are smoke (not terribly useful given the current wind conditions) and flash-bang.

I'll resolve the 4-hit and 3-hit rounds when I have the opportunity and then I'll let you express yourselves.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #224 on: <05-06-17/0100:52> »
Alright, let's get this started. General modifiers for shooting are going to be -2 for visibility (blowing snow) and -2 for wind. These don't apply to melee.

I'm going to roll randomly about who the target is. Chante and Swoopy are currently safe from the mundanes due to Invisibility and a Chameleon Suit, respectively. Dan-Dan is being sneaky for the moment so he's safe until he does something obvious. Shiriki is safe in the Dragon. That leaves Ité, the earth spirit, and Shiriki's rotodrone as valid targets.

Speaking of the earth spirit, let's roll Initiative for it: Initiative: 6d6t5 4 hits, oh dang

I suppose we should consider rolling Initiative separately for Shiriki's rotodrone too since it's on autopilot without him jumped in. Given the shadow amp points put into it, I'll call it a prime runner: Initiative: 8d6t5 5 hits, you're welcome!

Well that negates all the rolling I did before thinking of this, or at least puts it on the backburner.

Initiative
5 hits - rotodrone
4 hits - earth spirit
4 hits - ?
3 hits - Swoopy
3 hits - ?
3 hits - ?
2 hits - Shiriki
2 hits - Dan-Dan
2 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
0 hits - Chante
0 hits - ?
0 hits - ?

I'll eventually get the plot point and Edge table back up. In the meantime, actions to Jayde for the earth spirit and rednblack for the rotodrone.