NEWS

Legal Permits

• 4 Replies

Bioborg

• Newb
« on: <04-29-19/1744:47> »
I'm trying to build an SR5 Mage with the SINer and Trust Fund Qualities but nowhere in any of the books can I find the cost of Legal Permits to go with my Legal SIN.

Does anyone know how much a Legal Permit costs and/or what book lists them?

At the moment, I've costed them as if they were Rating 4 Fake Permits.

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-29-19/1804:43> »
For a legal SIN, permits are free during chargen.
After, maybe 20-30 to deal with the licensing fees?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-29-19/1858:27> »
In SRM you can't avoid paying taxes as described in the SINner quality.  Even illegal income associated with shadowrunny activites.

An upside is your taxes are assumed to cover any permits on your legal SIN.

Of course that's SRM... but as far as I know the rules don't address getting legal permits.  You're not supposed to want to.

RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <04-30-19/0035:19> »
In SRM you can't avoid paying taxes as described in the SINner quality.  Even illegal income associated with shadowrunny activites.

An upside is your taxes are assumed to cover any permits on your legal SIN.

Of course that's SRM... but as far as I know the rules don't address getting legal permits.  You're not supposed to want to.
In the end the GM decides, but yeah, I'm guessing you can get most licenses normally. But it's incredibly risky to do stuff on your real SIN. It IS a Negative Quality for a reason.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #4 on: <04-30-19/0110:08> »
I use my Legal SIN to get a place to live, to drive around, make purchases of basic stuff.

But yeah, your not wanting your firearms registered to that legal SIN so CSI can trace them to you.

You'll also want to be doubly careful about leaving evidence behind, photographic or DNA etc etc that can be traced to your Legal SIN.

Not that you should want to do that for a FAKE one either if your SINless,  but at least that is only a new FAKE.

As for the OP, yeah, I think its considered Free, the cost of the FAKE is where the cost is, getting a Drivers, Firearms, etc etc license is pretty much covered by "Living Expenses".

Though I might put a limit of "Low or Better" on it so Street/Squatters can't have them free just to encourage not being cheap & living "Street" lifestyle.