NEWS

Contacts, who you don't know.

• 48 Replies

Bisharian

• Newb
« on: <09-08-10/1829:42> »
We all know that more and more life in the shadows is relying on who you know, as much as what you can do. So I thought it would be prudent to discuss what kind of people you need to contact for specific services. Obviously, if you want someone dead, a Sammie will do the trick, but whar if you need a low altitude drop into restricted territory. How about a recombent algorithum to encrypt your data store? Let's say Lone Star is hot out to find you and you need those nasty warrents to go away. The Ghostbusters ain't got shit when it come to a Yakuza hit squad or a V-chopper loaded for troll, when the lead starts whistling in your ears.

So the question stands: Who you gonna call (when it hits the fan)?

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #1 on: <09-08-10/1846:48> »
Fixer ~ For work

Fense ~ To sell the things that just fell from those people, trucks, ect., ect.

The Gun_Nut ~ when I need Guns

Face ~  the one you call efore the Star or other law inforcement group comes looking learn to grease the right palms

Mafia ~ if you have a Yak issue (yes this can start wars so what I bet theres work in it.)

Yak ~ If you have a Mafia issue (yes this can start wars so what I bet theres work in it.)

Triad ~ If your screwed by both the Mafia and Yaks (yes this can start wars so what I bet theres work in it.)

Hacker ~ to secure your data, money, what ever ya got thats on the net.

Shaman ~ well for alot of stuff but really good if your having spirit troubles. (the Ghostbusters got nada on her)

Rigger ~ to get that air drop or ride ya need.

I'll check the Little Black Book and see if there is others I would call.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #2 on: <09-08-10/1857:30> »
Gotta love a crazy rigger for artillery on demand.  Get in with the Red Hot Nukes gang and see if you can't phone in an Ares Heimdall missile strike from 18 klicks out.  Sure it costs a pretty penny, but sometimes a body just needs to vape a hardened target or get a real flashy distraction.  All in the space of 20-something seconds.  Paint up your target and let 'em fly.

Alternately, there's always the spirit marm.  Again, bound spirits don't come cheap, but if the mage knows your aura, he can astral to your location at around 1 km/s and tear things up.  

Of course, combat is only one dimension of how a contact can help a buddy out, but backup on demand can save your life for sure.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <09-08-10/1912:10> »
Don't forget a good lawyer. Sometimes you need that contact inside the system in order to get you out.

Tex Muldoon

• Newb
  • Just squeeezzee the trigger?
« Reply #4 on: <09-08-10/1915:35> »
Always want a private eye or bounty hunter for those that don't want to be found.
Also a Bartender/Bouncer that way you always have an ear on the streets.
And a bum that way he can take the fall for you and get himself out off the streets.
"You don't shoot til the can hits the ground" Snake Pliskin

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #5 on: <09-08-10/1932:26> »
Don't forget a good lawyer. Sometimes you need that contact inside the system in order to get you out.

Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money we're going down!
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <09-09-10/0042:52> »
Cab drivers. Can't know enough cab drivers.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #7 on: <09-09-10/0211:13> »
YO! Charley...

Huh you call me? Where ya need to go chummer??
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-09-10/0225:38> »
Street Doc- Knowing my luck with injuries, this guy is on speed dial and I will even mark his kids/grandkids B-day's on a calendar for cards and gifts....I collect injuries like some people collect stamps!

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <09-09-10/0238:11> »
A corrupt cop is always good, for a bunch of reason i think i don't need to mention 8)
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <09-09-10/0248:31> »
YO! Charley...

Huh you call me? Where ya need to go chummer??

Cabs are great for shadowing someone by car. Nobody gives a rats ass about a cab. Also great for short-time observations. And cabbies who operate in the lower C areas tend to have pretty well armored cars.
Plus they know every watering hole in their respective area and are the best listeners after Barkeepers on this planet. Never underestimate the comfort of knowing someone who listens to you if a day goes sour.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #11 on: <09-09-10/0710:42> »
A corrupt cop is always good, for a bunch of reason i think i don't need to mention 8)
See now it's things like this where I'm not to sure I fit in Shadowrun. At heart I'm a hero. I will do the wrong thing for the right reason (See Mal from Firefly), 'If you're trying to kill me I have the right to kill you back.'

However I don't want to think the cop I have as a contact is corrupt. Willing to go outside 'the system' to get the bad guy yes. I will not have a Cop on the take as a contact though. Anybody remember Luke Cage(Power Man) & Iron Fist? They were Heroes for Hire. Thta's how I see my Runners.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Bisharian

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <09-09-10/0812:42> »
See now it's things like this where I'm not to sure I fit in Shadowrun. At heart I'm a hero. I will do the wrong thing for the right reason (See Mal from Firefly), 'If you're trying to kill me I have the right to kill you back.'

However I don't want to think the cop I have as a contact is corrupt. Willing to go outside 'the system' to get the bad guy yes. I will not have a Cop on the take as a contact though. Anybody remember Luke Cage(Power Man) & Iron Fist? They were Heroes for Hire. Thta's how I see my Runners.

this is wherebyou get it all wrong. Shadowrunners can be good guys too. Just go hooding. Plus the system is so corrupt, anything you do in comparison makes you look like a hero. There are plenty if jobs out there where people need to have injustice straighten out.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #13 on: <09-09-10/0927:19> »

this is wherebyou get it all wrong. Shadowrunners can be good guys too. Just go hooding. Plus the system is so corrupt, anything you do in comparison makes you look like a hero. There are plenty if jobs out there where people need to have injustice straighten out.
Yeah. That's my bag right there.
« Last Edit: <09-09-10/0956:25> by Usda Beph »
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <09-09-10/0934:32> »

Well I know shadowrunners can be good guys, and my players do it that way also (even me as a player), just saying that a corrupt cop can be a contact and a regular beat cop can also be one, just depends of the vibe you give and the runs you've done. Because you don't want the be the target of your "good" cop contact just because he consider you as a "real" criminal depending which run you did(because most shadowrunners are considered criminals for a major part of the SIN society). Gotta think about that, runners sometime injure a lot a corporate security(from Lone Star, Knight Errant to Red Samurai), just because they are doing their jobs, and that they are in your way, are they bad guys? you still kill them, does that make you a bad guy? maybe not, but people are still going to consider you are most of the time (mostly the people you are shooting at XD).  All that only to say, depending on your runners and on the kind of missions you do, sometime you need to choose an asshole for contact, you don't always have the luxury to choose exactly who your contact's going to be. You also can't forget the fact that the Lone Star, back in the days they were doing security for Seattle, were known to be a pretty corrupted bunch.

I do prefer to play "good" shadowrunners  ;D
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516