NEWS

The Shadow Sessions [IC]

• 52 Replies

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <10-04-13/1518:36> »
Ben voyons! The Frenchman wasn't too surprised of the outcome considering the bad con; actually quite satisfied to see there were still some professionals in the KE Force... until the lady got out and spoke! Bordel, didn't I asked her to stay in!. And now the cop was making a fool of himself.

The situation escalated. Precious piece of info: the KE cops are after the Elf girl to protect; that's going to make things interesting.

The Elf driver - Hotwheels, as the Frenchman was for now calling him - started talking and it was the moment to act. The girl was big enough to try to knock his jaw out of alignment and not listen to him when he told her to stay inside the vehicle, he was counting on her being smart enough to get back inside once the drek hit the fan. And that was now.

The Frenchman was a skilled marksman. Time to prove it. He set his smartlink on, keeping his eyes on his target: the weapon the KE officer was holding. The Elf speech was the distraction he needed.  He grabbed his gun, and shot one single time at the KE's weapon, aiming at disarming the lonely cop.

As the bullet left the barrel of his light pistol, he yelled: Get Inside! hoping both the girl and the amerindian guy would get the hint
« Last Edit: <10-04-13/1600:01> by obidancer »
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <10-04-13/2030:29> »
Blinking in the light, Pepperface started making his way over to the Bentley, but his mind was only partially in the meat. His fingers tapped at an ARO keyboard hovering in front of him at well over one hundred words per minute. Walking and working was not an unusual sight, and to the average observer Pepperface probably looked like the average sarariman multi-tasking on his way to work. He saw the elf in front of him, and knew he had to make face-to-face contact. But for now, he had work to do in the 'Trix. Wired reflexes humming, he kept the AR window as he crossed the street.

Pepperface grimaced as the image loaded up, and he realized the elf he was protecting was also being actively hunted by KE. No, no, no. That won't do at all, little pawns. While others might've seen a disaster, Pepperface saw an opportunity. Only one of the KE officers had received the accurate picture. A quick edit job on the uploading officer could throw the remaning KE off the scent.

Taking a risk by swapping out his much-beloved Encryption program for his Edit suite, Pepperface got to work, corrupting the image Knight Errant dispatcher was preparing to transmit. The elf's red hair seemed to be her most distinctive feature, so he grabbed a pallette swap tool and began painting her tresses honeysuckle blonde. If nothing else, it would cause a little confusion in the ranks. With his work done, he decided to seal the deal. Using the fake authorization mark he'd scored on the Knight Errant device, he ordered the device to send out the faulty picture. Even if the Knight Errant dispatcher was saavy enough to catch the ruse and send out the correct picture (which Pepperface sincerely doubted), the KE officers on the ground would have two conflicting pictures; one red-haired, one blonde. Hopefully the radio chatter and confusion would give him and the client time to escape.

With the seeds of chaos sown, Pepperface focused on shutting the KE dispatcher down. Partly this was to keep the Knight Errant officer from correcting the spoofed image; partly this was sheer spite. Nothing rankled Pepperface like corporate goons kicking down the door to his apartment, virtual or otherwise. Typing furiously away, he tried to score two more marks on the Knight Errant dispatcher. From there, it was time for the classic re-format and reboot he was so very fond of. With a little luck, the dragnet's Matrix support would be crippled, and Pepperface could get this troublesome elf girl out of here once and for all.
« Last Edit: <10-04-13/2127:55> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

BestTeaMaker

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <10-10-13/1304:23> »
Pepperface
[Wednesday 11:46 am, Oct. 23rd, 2075 | 4th Ave. | Downtown Seattle]

"Sir! I my device, it's not working and-- huh, uh ok, it's working again, I think."

"Goddamit, I told you to get that shit fixed. Did you at least get the image of the perp?"

"Yes, I got it. Blonde elf and--"

Pepperface turned from the radiochat as he heard a shot ring out from the area with the Bentley.

"Shots fired! Shots fired!"

The two KE officers scrambled out of the doors as they ran towards the Bentley.

Cross, Flashgitz, The Frenchman

The ginger elf could not believe what was going on. She thought she was in the clear, having run away from both the authorities and...them... But here she was, staring down the barrel of a KE rifle. Shit, these guys moved fast.

Her companions didn't really help either. The French guy and the medic were caught by surprise. The driver for some weird reason, had tried to threaten the officer, possibly unaware that thugs like him live on opposition. Ramming the butt of the gun on the window was more than enough to shut him up.

"You wanna try that again, tough guy? Oh, I am ringing you up for threatening authority, you little piece of shit! Now, get out of the car and-"

It happened in the flash. The French guy pulled his pistol, and by some luck, shot the huge rifle out of the hands of the officer. The rifle rolled across the ground as the officer stood, staring at his hands where he once was holding onto his gun. Slowly, he turned to the French guy, a mixture of hatred and surprise present in his twitchy eyes. Both the driver and the medic stared at him open-mouthed.

In the distance, the elf could see two more figures running towards them, both in full combat armor. In her mind, she couldn't see how it could get any worse.
The Shadow Sessions
OOC | IC

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #48 on: <10-10-13/1659:42> »

Pain wasn't new to him, he received the butt of the gun on his face, he was not angry, he was ashamed, not because of the result of the attempt, because he was a worm, and he had tried to be something more than that. The shoot brought him back to reality, the Hero had shot the rifle out of the KE hands, if anything the red haired worm felt gratitude, he lowered his gun holstering it and trying to hold the tears back as the pain settled in, remembering him how weak he was. And suddenly he was not an Elf anymore, he was a Bentley, a bright red Bentley, his internal sound system spoke with bared anticipation:

Inside the Car now.

It was not an invitation it was an order. The engine purred in anticipation, the windows rised up and closed. The pain was in his meat weak body, he now was plasteel and titanium, leather, rubber and style impersonated.
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <10-12-13/0013:57> »
The Frenchman kept his gun pointed at the KE cop from the back seat of the Bentley.
Back off, officer. Slowly. And only your pride will be hurt today.
Red Skin, he said to the Amerindian EMT, you've heard the car. Get in now. Last chance. You too Milady.

The Frenchman was really hoping to get away from here as soon and fast as possible. He'll handle the Truck issue in due time.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <10-13-13/1710:04> »
Pepperface's attention swiftly snapped back to the real world when he heard the gunshot. Did he really just shoot at a KE officer? Oh, man. This is off to a great start.

Pepperface had no idea who the driver or the other two men were. Either they were meant to be assisting him in getting the elf girl out of here, or they were kidnapping her and he was supposed to be rescuing her. He wasn't sure which was the worst case scenario; "allies" that brought on that much Knight Errant heat were more of a liability than an asset. One thing was obvious, however; Pepperface wasn't going to be caught dead in that Bentley. Or, more accurately, getting into that vehicle would most likely result in him getting caught or dead.

Crossing the street, Pepperface made for his C-N Jackrabbit. The beat, decade-old little two-seater wasn't quite as conspicuous, and hopefully he'd be able to follow the Bentley from a non-suspicious distance.  As he climbed into the cramped vehicle, he sent a command to his implanted cyberdeck to reboot. After his fast and furious bout of messing with Knight Errant's Matrix support, the last thing he needed was to attract the attention of the Grid Overwatch Division.

As the Jackrabbit's electric motor started humming, Pepperface's cyberdeck came back online. Before pulling away from the curb, he brought up an AR window and pinged a message request to the elf. If she accepted, she'd see the following message:

@Elf [Pepperface]>> Your Matrix support has arrived. Are the men you're with a danger to you? Let me know, but go with them for now. More KE are coming, and we need to get out of here. I'll follow behind, but leave now.

Afterward, he sent the following message to The Frenchman, Flashgitz, and Cross:

I have no idea what your interest is in the elf, but unless you want to end up in hand cuffs, get her out of here now. More Knight Errant pawns are coming. I've screwed their Matrix support up royally, and you have a small window to escape, but you must leave now.
« Last Edit: <10-13-13/1713:44> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Red_Cap

• Newb
  • Sometimes, the dragon deals with you.
« Reply #51 on: <10-14-13/1058:26> »
Christ.  This is off to a great[/I] start[/I].[/color]

Cross got Pepperface's message at the same time the Frenchman spoke; Mr. Green hadn't seen anything about a team, but Faye had never worked alone, so joining these guys was probably the safest course of action.

Not hesitating any longer, he grabbed his weapons bag and slid into the back seat, drawing his Colt America from its holster under his armpit as he did so.

"Alright, I'm in.  Get her in the car, froggie, I think it's time to bail..."
Looking for a PBP or Roll20 game, SR 4 or 5.  I'm not picky.

Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <10-14-13/1857:27> »
The Frenchman read the message that appeared on his image link: ...must leave now
No shit! thought the Frenchman.

He made sure the Girl was inside and loudly spoke to the Elf Driver:
Aller, Let's go, let's go.