NEWS

IC: The Old Smoke; Teafo and Lumen

• 189 Replies

Teafo

• Chummer
« Reply #180 on: <10-07-13/1255:35> »
[spoiler]
The only language I've got is German... so not really any help with whatever the watcher is saying. Maybe I'll see if I can write down / remember what the words sounded like at least to attempt to get it translated later on. Pretty sure I can't try to bind the watcher to me and repeat the same thing later to someone that can translate because I don't think watcher spirits really work that way. They are much more apt to just disappear after their limited use...
[/spoiler]

Collin curses his luck as the dead man manages to trip him and he is left with a now useless terminal. Unable to turn it on, he quickly checks to see if he could possibly pull out any memory cards or disks that may be in the system that he could exploit later on.

Upon hearing the message from the watcher spirit, he returns his senses to the normal world once again and tries to write down the message as phonetically as possible. Hopefully he'll be able to get it translated elsewhere and get some idea of what really happened here. Finally, he takes a pillow case from the bed, pulls the engraved knife from the dead man's back and wraps the pillow case around it. If nothing else, it'll bring a pretty penny to the right buyer. And the police have bungled their way through this investigation enough, they won't be any more capable of solving the case even with this bit of evidence.

With his pictures and newfound prize, he leaves the room, it's time to get some answers, and he needs to get in contact with his sources.

[spoiler]
Not sure if any data storage items are found, if they are, he will of course take them with him as well. He doesn't have the hardware skill, but he does have computer, and I assume that should be enough to at least identify a hard drive or other storage device and pull it out of the computer by unplugging it
[/spoiler]
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #181 on: <10-08-13/1841:30> »
The holo-terminal is a sealed unit, one of those Corp mass produced things you can only get servicedat their licensed retailers. Whilst you can't crack the case here, you know babydoll would certainly be able to help with that. You find a small satchel bag in the chest of drawers and stuff the terminal and dagger inside it
[spoiler]no tests written for that kind of transcription, give me log + int and I'll figure
Something out :-)[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Teafo

• Chummer
« Reply #182 on: <10-09-13/0106:05> »
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #183 on: <10-09-13/1552:30> »
You begin scribbling whatever you can into your commlink, dictating and annotating as best as you can, before grabbing your stuff and heading back to the outside world.
The gravel drive crunches underfoot as you exit the way you came in, the sunlight and fresh air a welcome relief after the stench of death and decay inside. A gentle breeze stirs the trees lining the driveway, the fluffy clouds accelerating across the sky, perhaps a forewarning of worse weather to come today.
Sirens could still be seen flashing over in the distance, a plume of steam and smoke indicating the fire was now under control, your distraction coming to an end.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Teafo

• Chummer
« Reply #184 on: <10-12-13/0604:48> »
Knowing that his time had about run out on his distraction, Collin begins his trip back to the woods, back to civilization and hopefully to some answers
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #185 on: <10-12-13/1340:41> »
Knowing that heading back into the village would be risky, you head further down the country road out of the village and head up a small embankment and through a gate into a large, fallow field.
Keeping your head down and taking your time, you eventually find a route back to the inn, avoiding the thicket where you were ambushed by the vicious para-critters.
Your stomach growls in protest at the lack of decent food for the last couple of days as you slink down the alley, the aroma of freshly prepared steak and ale pie drifting down wind of the pub.
Your commlink chirps in your pocket, notifying you that you're back in signal range.

Its now late-afternoon, and the sky is beginning to show the first signs of the dusky haze settling over the countryside. An hour or two and it'll be dark, and whatever it was that you encountered earlier will no doubt be back on the prowl...
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Teafo

• Chummer
« Reply #186 on: <10-13-13/0430:20> »
Finding the alternate path, Collin follows it back to his truck first to get his normal clothes put back on, then drives back to the bar. As he parks, the smell of the foods being prepared inside are intoxicating, and he makes his way inside to order something to eat. He sits down at an empty table and pulls out his camera, connecting it to his commlink and opening a new message to BabyDoll and Mike

//Matrix Message Protocol 1.0.2b//<<BaByDoll101>>// -- // <<MikeyMike20>> Hey, got a series of pictures attached, and a message in some language I don't understand. Seems like there is definitely a lot going on out here. Think you could look into it and let me know if you find anything? Also, sorry for the crappy transliteration, I only heard the message once, and I wrote it down as phonetically as possible. <<Attachments>>//

He hits the send button, coding his Commlink to send separately, not wanting to mix BabyDoll's information into Mike's message. Having your cop friend know about your hacker friend would usually be a bad thing.

As the food arrives, he digs in hungrily and finishes quickly. Then it's time to get out of here, and back to his flat.

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #187 on: <10-13-13/1139:37> »
___Prologue___
Mike was gutted, he'd lost a good friend to day.
He recognised the language as Welsh and was able to get the basic jist of what the watcher had spoken to you; it was a dire warning, a warning of a new dark power. something hungry for expansion and conquest.
The dark omen didn't bode well for the rural folk, and the inadequacies of the police hinted at some element of deliberate complicity within the law enforcement.

You'd managed to salvage the holo-terminal, babydoll promised to take a look at it and retrieve what she could over the next few days. Perhaps she could reveal more than you were able to in your short visit to Oakhampton?

END OF CHAPTER 1

Congratulations, you managed to survive!
Please add 1200NY to your funds, as well as 6 karma.

there'll be a short break in things until the others get wrapped up with ch2, I'll get you working with that team now as we've lost dragonslayer and raiden.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Teafo

• Chummer
« Reply #188 on: <10-15-13/0931:36> »
[spoiler]Sounds good, how would you like me to handle spending Karma points? Specifically, I would like to have Collin learn 2 points in Assensing and increase perception by 1 point (I think that equals out to 6 points total if the system still works the same way as it did previously)[/spoiler]
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #189 on: <10-15-13/0937:59> »
That's fine mate, go ahead and add them to your character sheet. This was only meant to be a quick stress-test before the main missions anyway. I'll get ch2 wrapped up and skip you ahead to ch3 when it's up
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor