NEWS

Govi in missions

• 7 Replies

WillAsher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« on: <03-21-16/0842:20> »
Govi are listed as preparations.  Can a mage with Invocation make them in missions play?  They also appear to be able to be purchased, although it must then be attuned.  Is the process the same as those made with Artificing?  Intution+Magic [Astral] (5, 1 hour)?  From what I can figure Govi appear to be purchasable and usable, but crafting them is questionable due to the wording 'mostly disallowed as item creation is generally outside the scope of Missions...' 

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-06-16/1500:13> »
This is a topic we're going to cover on our next SRM FAQ call.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

WillAsher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <04-07-16/0548:08> »
Reviewing the rules as written now, it looks like you can buy one and just attune it.  It isn't even all that expensive, so there isn't really a reason to craft one.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-07-16/0838:44> »
Yup, and that's what we have to address in the FAQ.  Attune Item is for Adepts and not for magicians.  We will define what attunement in this situation means for the magician who finds/purchases a Govi.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

WillAsher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <04-07-16/1949:47> »
Um...it isn't for adepts.  Page 213 says, 'A magician can attune a found govi, but the watcher associated with it is dispelled.'  So, specifically says magicians.  Also, pg 211 states 'While all these products can be used by any magician, those produced with the Artificing skill must be attuned before they can be functional.  This is an Intuition + Magic [Astral] (5, 1 hour) Extended Test'. 

So RAW any Magician can attune a found govi using Intuition + Magic [Astral] (5, 1 hour) test.  I can find the Govi I buy, it even doesn't even require a license.  I am sure that the FAQ team could clarify if need be, but I don't know that it needs changed.  It isn't like Watchers are unbalancing to gameplay.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-08-16/0434:11> »
I think Ray was thinking you were referring to the ritual "Attune Item" which isn't needed to "attune" govi. It's a complication in terms, in the case of Govi, they don't require a special ritual to attune, just an extended Intuition+Magic test that takes a few hours.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-08-16/0711:43> »
Um...it isn't for adepts.  Page 213 says, 'A magician can attune a found govi, but the watcher associated with it is dispelled.'  So, specifically says magicians.  Also, pg 211 states 'While all these products can be used by any magician, those produced with the Artificing skill must be attuned before they can be functional.  This is an Intuition + Magic [Astral] (5, 1 hour) Extended Test'. 

So RAW any Magician can attune a found govi using Intuition + Magic [Astral] (5, 1 hour) test.  I can find the Govi I buy, it even doesn't even require a license.  I am sure that the FAQ team could clarify if need be, but I don't know that it needs changed.  It isn't like Watchers are unbalancing to gameplay.

Thank you!  I somehow totally missed that when reviewing Govi and attunement.  That's what I get for using a search function to find the word attune/attunement!  That makes my life easier and the ruling super easy.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-08-16/0725:08> »
I think Ray was thinking you were referring to the ritual "Attune Item" which isn't needed to "attune" govi. It's a complication in terms, in the case of Govi, they don't require a special ritual to attune, just an extended Intuition+Magic test that takes a few hours.

No, I totally missed the sentence he pointed out.  I'm definitely not perfect and I do miss things!
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team