NEWS

Lip guard

• 19 Replies

JmOz01

• Omae
« on: <05-16-17/1807:25> »
So looking at the laced lipstick item...how would you make a character who can protect their lips so that they can "kiss" a target...also what would you use for the poison...

grffnhwk

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <05-16-17/1828:27> »
Chrome Flesh p164.  Immunization therapy to a toxin.
Cost: 0.1 essence and 20,000n.

Edit: Note the extended description exception that it doesn't work against fast acting neurotoxins/compounds.  What this means mechanically, I'm not sure... but instantaneous speed chems are out and probably 1 turn speeds as well.

Chem that would work would be contact, maybe ingestion depending on the kiss :):
Soothsayer p184 Chrome Flesh

Depending on if the 1 combat turn speed is ok or not. You have other contact choices, if not... Soothsayer is it for contact with greater than turns speed.
« Last Edit: <05-16-17/1845:53> by grffnhwk »

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-16-17/1841:06> »
Chemical Gland plus an oral cyberweapon/bioweapon would be a superior option for when nobody is looking, but if you must deliver the toxin while being observed, pick one poison and get immunity to it.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

grffnhwk

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-16-17/1853:48> »
Bioweaponry works too.  Remember, retractable fangs can be  installed somewhere other than orally...

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-16-17/1912:08> »
If it's not in your mouth, it's not a fang. That said, if you don't need to be sneaky, a Chemical Gland can be hooked up to any run of the mill cyberweapon to coat the blade instead of acting as an injector.

A Guide to Gridguide

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-16-17/1926:43> »
The idea of seducing a guard and dosing him with something just seems right to me...

grffnhwk

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <05-16-17/1930:13> »
If it's not in your mouth, it's not a fang.
Fair enough.. call it something else. Just needs to be anchored to a bone.  Which orifice shouldn't matter.

Don't forget, some drugs are just as capable of killing someone as a toxin.  You could even create a custom drug from Chrome Flesh that reduces a stat to a point where they go into a coma.

Name:
Street Name:
Cost: 225¥
Availability: 11R
Vector: Injection, Ingestion
Addiction Type: Both
....Rating: 6 (5 weeks)
....Threshold: 2
Speed: 3 combat turns
Duration: 10 x 1D6 min
Effect: +2 Body, +4 Logic, +1 Intuition, -4 Charisma, Pain Resistance 3
Crash: 2S Damage (unresistable)
Formula: Tank (F), Razor Mind (2), Einstein (2), Ingestion Enhancer
« Last Edit: <05-16-17/2059:09> by grffnhwk »

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <05-16-17/2209:13> »
Fair enough.. call it something else. Just needs to be anchored to a bone.  Which orifice shouldn't matter.
Actually, it's very important. Only one orifice could possibly be worth putting teeth in (two orifices for women) and neither of them are close to the bone. Plus, if vagina dentata was available as an augment, it would be outright stated and statted.

A Guide to Gridguide

grffnhwk

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <05-16-17/2344:29> »
Ghost: I give up.. you win. :)

However, Chrome Flesh p.92 for the Oral Slasher.  That's a freaky assassin weapon with a 1m range.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <05-17-17/0142:32> »
The same way robin in batman and robin defended against it. Fake BatLips (tm) accept no subsitutes

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <05-17-17/1348:48> »
Ghost: I give up.. you win. :)

However, Chrome Flesh p.92 for the Oral Slasher.  That's a freaky assassin weapon with a 1m range.
Ah, yes, the Oral Slasher. Could be redesigned to operate out of other orifices, but hasn't been or we would've seen shitposting....er, Jackpoint commentary about it. Rather disappointing damage on it, but it'll work for just getting a chemical injected. However, a Tiny Stinger on the end of the tongue is a superior option for discreet assassination because it hurts less. That's important because all the immediate-acting lethal toxins are quite frankly disappointingly weak so you need a weapon that will deliver the toxin without the target noticing.

A Guide to Gridguide

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <05-17-17/1740:04> »
For what it is worth I planed on using Laes, but decided on soothsayer (I think: S8 and a bunch of -willpower type stuff) because it was natural (took 4 point immunity to it...

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <05-18-17/0429:43> »
Isn't Laes basically wine? That sounds rather natural to me.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <05-18-17/0721:42> »
Sure, if by "wine" you mean "date rape drug with espionage applications"....

A Guide to Gridguide

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <05-18-17/0811:42> »
I mean "produced from natural resources".
Besides, I believe alcohol has successfully been used for either mentioned application successfully for millennia.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.