NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <01-21-13/1249:22> »
Something I haven't done before, but now is the time (and it's something my character would do): rank everybody on 'yumminess'.  Now we're all naked, it makes it so much easier  :D  ::)

Next is that my character has no clue whatsoever as to where we are.  It's not Seattle, it's any other city or location she knows and that's about all she can tell.

Last, @Crossbow: I assume some of the others might know me, if they have certain knowledge skills.  I'll let you check who does and who doesn't.

O'Connor, 19 years old, but doesn't look it, stands at 6'0" (1.83 m) and weights about 180 lbs. (81.65 kg.). He's caucasian, with brown eyes and brown hair kept in a buzzcut. He has a plain face with a shallow cleft chin and a crooked nose that's been broken a few too many times. He has an athletic build, with a musculature that emphasizes speed over power. He has a light scattering of scars across his body from old knife and gunshot wounds. Across his chest is a prison tattoo reading, C-Block Crashers, with three knife symbols underneath.

Currently he's body is covered in bruises and his nose is broken, at least that's what I gathered from have three physical damage centered around the face translates to.
« Last Edit: <01-21-13/2032:39> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <01-21-13/1307:06> »
I am still getting things together [and dealing with Real Life at the moment], but since Gorean has already posted I will remove the gags from Novocrane and irisheathen to post OOC too and let all three know to get their first IC post ready. BUT DO NOT POST IT YET.  The next IC posts from players will be from them, but I have some other things going as well.  In the meantime feel free to continue making any descriptors or what not that seem relevant, but keep it OOC, okay? thanks!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <01-21-13/1703:52> »
Hydro, how obvious is your character's cybernetics? My guy isn't prejudiced against cybers, but he'll use anything at his disposal when making taunts or jabs.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <01-21-13/1726:46> »
You can't see she's had any work done in her at all.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <01-21-13/1823:32> »
Rhat, are you spending edge to downgrade the critical glitch? Physical wellness is that beside O'Connor and the Oriental Elf that is still restrained every one seems fine, those two carry minor physical wounds that easily blend into bodies that look like they have seen plenty of wear and tear.

Outside the two who volunteered their Tats, the rest seem uninked.  The only available covering is the bags that were on the mages and the discarded tape and gauze.

farothel, I will be getting into more detail in the IC post I am writing, but you do understand the kind of patrol you are describing it will be difficult to find technological items at all unless there is a great mass like a community, and even then you would be hard pressed to determine something specific about it.  You won't even get distance, except in terms of landmarks (to the left of the river, before you get to that mountain), direction and relative distance are the best you can do in the astral.  Just being clear, this will take a bit.

As of right now, I have O'Connor standing over the two men and other than removing the bag I have the other guy still bound and taped and gauzed and forgotten because of the distraction of Torley and Clem (not enough would have passed to free both mages)

After I give a report to Sammy on the intial results of her search the others will awaken.  Did I miss anything?

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #50 on: <01-21-13/1825:08> »
Johnny is about 5'6" and a VERY fit 150 lbs Asian human. He has brown eyes and black hair (usually slicked back into a pompadour but Its quite messy right now.) He has Mandrian writing spirialing up from his wrists to his elbows and from his ankles to about mid calf. He has some burn scars on his back. Currently Johnny is also brusied on his face and abdomen. He would be considered a handsome man by some.

Novo feel free to Pm me tonight (work till 10-11ish tonight EST) will hopefully be posting after.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <01-21-13/2026:16> »
Rhat, are you spending edge to downgrade the critical glitch? Physical wellness is that beside O'Connor and the Oriental Elf that is still restrained every one seems fine, those two carry minor physical wounds that easily blend into bodies that look like they have seen plenty of wear and tear.

Outside the two who volunteered their Tats, the rest seem uninked.  The only available covering is the bags that were on the mages and the discarded tape and gauze.

Not worth it to downgrade (especially since it costs me extra to do so due to my Paragon) - and the glitch is fun for the Freakout Train.

As far as Commanding Voice goes:  Maybe I should just use that as a Teamwork Test on a Composure test to get to a moderately more coherent state?  Work for you, Crossbow?

I get that, but my character doesn't. She thinks Fionn is clueless and has gone insane. Think about it: some naked, ginger technomancer is giving lip to a pissed off ork woman who clearly doesn't want to give up more details than she needs to at this point. A few moments ago she thought she had been sold to organised crime, and nothing has really proven to her that nobody in this group is in on this. Clem can't really make any other conclusions right now.

I get that - I was saying I found it illuminating as to the character.  I will point this out, though - she'd almost certainly be aware that he takes a risk by revealing that to a bunch of complete strangers.  He actually started getting angry with her about it, which is when I made the Composure roll that sent him down the proverbial rabbit hole.  As an OOC point, he was hoping to find out if she had any cyberware, if it was still working, and if it would have wireless for him to search for so that he could at least see that his abilities were still there.  Which lead to him confronting the notion that they might not be, and in his reckoning that's worse than death.  Hence the freakout.

For physical description:

Fionn's pretty tall, being after all an Elf, but he doesn't have a lot on his frame.  He actually looks a little undernourished, like he either doesn't bother to eat often enough or just can't get food often enough.  Longish red hair, green eyes, no visible markings on his body.  Carried himself pretty confidently before the panic got ahold of him.  He's pretty young, too - looking at him, you'd figure 20 plus or minus 2.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <01-21-13/2051:12> »
Rhat, are you spending edge to downgrade the critical glitch?

Not worth it to downgrade (especially since it costs me extra to do so due to my Paragon) - and the glitch is fun for the Freakout Train.

As far as Commanding Voice goes:  Maybe I should just use that as a Teamwork Test on a Composure test to get to a moderately more coherent state?  Work for you, Crossbow?

Don't sweat it, since you opted not to negate the critical glitch, it won't be an issue...Mwah ha ha...

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <01-21-13/2055:39> »
Rhat, are you spending edge to downgrade the critical glitch?

Don't sweat it, since you opted not to negate the critical glitch, it won't be an issue...Mwah ha ha...

And there's the "unless it makes for a good story" part of the "Extended Tests and Glitching" rules.  :P
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <01-21-13/2116:10> »
As of right now, I have O'Connor standing over the two men and other than removing the bag I have the other guy still bound and taped and gauzed and forgotten because of the distraction of Torley and Clem (not enough would have passed to free both mages)

Well, Fionn's sitting down flipping out, Torley's standing up near him, and I believe Clem's standing, trying to cover her assets. (Torley's not bothering to cover up, for what that's worth.)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <01-21-13/2117:29> »

Well, Fionn's sitting down flipping out, Torley's standing up near him, and I believe Clem's standing, trying to cover her assets. (Torley's not bothering to cover up, for what that's worth.)

Indeed.  Though, through the aid of Commanding Voice, Fionn's condition is improving a bit.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <01-21-13/2123:11> »

Indeed.  Though, through the aid of Commanding Voice, Fionn's condition is improving a bit.

No it isn't :)  I have posted the next IC post, I want to give a chance for each of the three remaining to introduce themselves, but then we are going right into something, so don't start interacting IC yet.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <01-21-13/2123:56> »

No it isn't :)  I have posted the next IC post, I want to give a chance for each of the three remaining to introduce themselves, but then we are going right into something, so don't start interacting IC yet.

Hm.  So it would seem.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <01-21-13/2145:30> »
While we are waiting, let me get Perception rolls from Torley, O'Connor (can I start using your street tag yet?) and Clem.  I don't think the roll is different for each sense, but if you have a mod that matters for that sing out.

Thvor, if I can get you to go ahead roll and post the Perception for Necrogigas I would consider it a favor.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <01-21-13/2152:03> »
Torley's perception check:
[spoiler]
10d6.hits(5)=3
visual specialization: 2d6.hits(5)=0 (no help there)
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!