NEWS

Concealability

• 17 Replies

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <03-15-19/1930:28> »
No one is gonna spot a set nucks, in concealed in holster under a coat. It's ridiculous to even roll.

Probably true with regards to being passively spotted, but being discovered in a pat down is another matter entirely.  Between the observer's pool penalties being halved, getting a +3 dice bonus for specifically searching for weapons, and someone doing a pat down probably having decent skill at it, you'll still need to be decent-to-good to sneak weapons past a competent guard/bouncer.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #16 on: <03-16-19/0635:41> »
Which makes a lot of sense, really. But I wouldn't give a +3 on patdown, they already get the concealability modifier restricted. The +3 is more for 'am I looking for a very specific thing' when looking around. Patdowns are already a specific search, so unless you explicitly look for the weird feeling of a hidden datadrive, I wouldn't give the +3, just the concealability modifier.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #17 on: <03-16-19/1148:01> »
Sure I'd agree with a roll on a patdown, though for sure a no kidding hard roll, and yeah unless the target in question has public notarity for  famously packing enchanted super nucks or something, no +3.   
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking