• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <09-19-10/0254:05> »
1,800 Nuyen starting cash. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2693012/

18x100

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <09-19-10/1006:16> »
Now that that's out of the way...

Walks, whats it gonna cost in cab fare to get where we need to go? Or do you want to roleplay the whole cabby experience?

Darkstorm

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <09-19-10/1822:27> »
If you find you have a slot open, I would love to join. I'm brand new to Shadowrun, and have been studying the books. I have a character just about ready(Just finishing gear selection).

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <09-19-10/1827:02> »
Darkstorm it looks like we have an opening as one of the original players hasn't posted yet. Wraith also showed some interest if there was an opening so I'm not sure how to decide who gets to join. When you get your character done post it and if Wraith also posts a character we'll go from there. If not it isn't a problem.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Waratah

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <09-19-10/1910:23> »
Just got through the weekend here myself and found I didn't have any time to get onto the PC. (Damn the real world interupting my game play)
I'm willing to wait and watch.

Darkstorm

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <09-19-10/1943:24> »
Here's what I've got. It's my first run at a character, so let me know if anything seems off or needs fixed.

Name: Yuki Takanori
Alias: Y-Chan
Race: Ork
Sex: Female
Nationality: Japanese
Lifestyle: Low(2 Months Paid)
Karma Spent: 0
Starting Nuyen: 13x50
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2693724/

Character Description: Yuki is about 5'1" with shoulder length black hair with blue and purple highlights. She appears to be in her early 20's, and has a very outgoing and energetic personality. She is an action junkie that is fascinated by guns and swords.

Attributes

Body: 5
Agility: 5
Reaction: 5(7)
Strength: 4
Charisma: 2
Intuition: 3
Logic: 4
Willpower: 3
Edge: 4
Magic: 5
Essence: 6
Initiative: 8(10)
Init Passes: 1(3)

Positive Qualities:
Adept (5 BP)
Ambidextrous (5 BP)

Negative Qualities:
SINner (+5 BP)
Sensitive System (+15BP)

Active Skills:

Athletics Skill Group:   3
Etiquette (Street +2):   2
Firearms Skill Group
(Pistols Improved Ability): 4(6)
Perception: 1
Pilot Ground Craft (Car +2): 1   
Unarmed Combat: 1
Blades(Katana +2): 2

Knowledge Skills:

Firearms Design: 4   
Firearms History: 3      
Seattle Street Gangs: 3   
Security Procedures: 3

Language Skills:

Japanese: N
English: 4
Or'zet: 4

Adept Powers:
Attribute Boost (Agility): 2                             
Combat Sense: 2   
Improved Ability (Pistols): 2   
Improved Reflexes: 2

Gear:

Savalette Guardian x2        
Regular Ammo x200      
Quickdraw holster x2         
Yamaha Pulsar                
Katana                       
Colt M22A3         
Regular Ammo x200      
Gel Rounds x30         
Flashbangs x5         
Form Fitting Full Body Suit    
Securitech PPP: Forearm Guards, Shin Guards, Arm Casings,
 and Vitals Protector      
Novatech Airware Comlink   
Lined Coat

SIN(R4) Mizuki Yoshita      
SIN(R4) Megumi Hirohita
Driver License(R4)      
Concealed Carry License(R4)   
Savalette Guardian License(R4)   
Colt M22A3 License(R4)      
Standard Ammo License(R4)   
Gel Rounds License(R4)      
Katana License(R4)      

Vehicles:
Rover 2068 SUV

Contacts:
Arms Dealer: 2/2
Fixer: 3/3
Knight Errant Officer: 2/2
« Last Edit: <09-19-10/2150:33> by Darkstorm »

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <09-19-10/2020:22> »
It is a good all around starting adept. My question would be what do you want to see Y-Chan do? You'll make most normal shots with your guns and even some harder ones with your pistol, and will hold your own in hand to hand.

Do you have the blade skill and katana just to do killing damage in close combat situations or for the reach?

You could probably make the same type of character and even do a bit more by going the cyberware and tech route since the adept abilities you chose all revolve around combat.

An adept to really shine almost has to have an area of expertise, and Y-chan doesn't. A very playable character, but I don't want you to be unhappy with the results you get from it. The other thing is that magical characters take more karma to build up power as opposed to cyber/tech characters build more with nuyen ie better gear and "toys".

If there is a reason you wanted to go the magic route than by all means.

Adepts can be very fun to play just sometimes they take thinking outside the box so to speak. If you want to see some other adept ideas I have a pure physical adept posted in the character section (Darkness) and in the game road to Redmond I am playing a mystic adept. She Who Walks Through Walls is listed either in the OOC section

Walks Through Walls

Darkstorm

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <09-19-10/2101:18> »
I opted for adept over tech mostly for RP-ish purposes. I don't mind missing out on some stats for a flavor I like a little better. Overall, my aim was for her pistol work to be her bread and butter in combat. I took the blade/katana setup for up close work, and in case there are situations where firearms might be frowned upon(And the katana fits into her nationality). I actually based the whole setup on the "Gunslinger Adept" sample character in the SR 20th Anniv book.

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <09-19-10/2109:50> »
I understand and applaud making a character for a bit more RP flavor over power.

If you want the katana for in close work and the ethnic connection I understand that also. You might look at dropping the unarmed combat level for more level in blades or specialize in the katana even. Since your strength isn't really high your unarmed damage will be minimal so it might be worth looking at it. I only mentioned the blade skill over the unarmed originally because the unarmed was 3 and blades was 1 so it almost looked like an after thought.

Walks Through Walls

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <09-19-10/2127:38> »
Welcome to the crew, Darkstorm. I'd be more than happy to help you find a way into the RP if you'd like. Joker could have texted you on his comm to meet Axe and Monkey Boy. He'd be trying to hook you up with a job to be nice, since they aren't sure if they will need more hands yet. Or we could think of something else. Or whatever you want. Just let me know if you need Joker to have done something or to do something.

Walks, I imagine we are taking two cabs, unless they are big enough for 4.

Bitchin'! Takanori's got some serious wheels. Thanks for that, Dark. Could also easily be a reason Joker would have contacted her.

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <09-19-10/2135:50> »
We'll run with that. After the meet street mage's character bails. It is decided that a replacement body would be helpful for backup and such. Joker seeing the lack of wheels calls Y-Chan to meet the group at the Bistro.

The cab is big, but it won't hold a giant plus three. Forgot about that

Walks Through Walls

Darkstorm

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <09-19-10/2138:09> »
@Walks: Thanks for pointing out the Unarmed Vs Blades idea. I'll do just that, and up the katana skill a little.

@Joker: Thanks!

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <09-19-10/2141:08> »
The giant DK was the one who bowed out so you can all fit in one cab. A bit cramped, but you can do it without problems.

Someone asked at some point if you got any money up front. I never saw anyone ask for any so no he didn't give you any advance

Walks Through Walls

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <09-19-10/2215:01> »
Okie dokie. Posted. Now all the characters should have something to do. Didn't want Monkey and Y-chan sittin' around, so this works out great.

By the way...
Current Capacity: 5/5.
Crew Members: Joker, Father Twilight, Axe, Monkey, Y-Chan.

I'll pay for the cab.
-52 Nuyenz
« Last Edit: <09-19-10/2304:13> by Joker »

rockstar

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <09-20-10/0657:35> »
sorry dudes. do still wanna play but laptops been down for a few days in the shop. (im switch's rl fiance so we have to share) if you'll still have me then im still available.