NEWS

[5R5] Excel Character Builder

• 116 Replies

Guss

• Newb
« Reply #105 on: <04-28-14/1505:59> »
This is a great thing you're doing!
Cyber weapons such as the retractable spurs aren't available in the melee section of the character sheet. And in the spirit of automation, it would be nice to be able to link ammo with a certain weapon. The stats for the weapons are in the database.
Again, great job!!

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #106 on: <04-28-14/2254:10> »
Yep every time I close with Libre office I get . . .

BASIC runtime error.
Property or method not found: $(ARG1).

and need to use task manager to shut it down. Also it would be useful if the calculated values factored in a street/normal/prime karma along with resources (i.e. it automatically converted the Karma available to the correct value) instead of just a base 25.

Sir_Prometheus

« Reply #107 on: <05-07-14/1856:07> »
OK guys, this sounds fantastic, but....the original dropbox link is down.  Can anyone provide a new one?

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #108 on: <05-07-14/1916:27> »
Are you talking about the original post on the first page? If so their project was taken over by the one I'm talking about and the link for that is on page7/8 in idiedtrying's post and that was working as of a few days ago.

Sir_Prometheus

« Reply #109 on: <05-07-14/2129:39> »
right, ok, found that, thanks. 

Brian

• Newb
« Reply #110 on: <05-28-14/1412:50> »
Regarding Character Builder V0.9.3 idiedtrying.zip, I appreciate the work you've done and how responsive you've been to feedback. Here is some additional feedback.

Qualities: I can't seem to add rating 2 for High Pain Tolerance. In addition, it would be nice if adding High Pain Tolerance would adjust the -1, -2, etc modifiers in the damage boxes. for the appropriate rating level. It would be nice if non-Awakened characters were prohibited from taking Spirit Bane so they don't do so accidentally. There are way too many boxes for Qualities. By picking the cheapest qualities, I can only get to 6 each for positive and negative. There are 9 rows for qualities.

Post CharGen usage: The spreadsheet seems a bit difficult to use after CharGen. I don't see a spot on the "Character Sheet" sheet which lists Karma, Street Cred, Notoriety, Public Awareness, etc. Most importantly, it would be nice if a Karma spot was added, along with a spot to track total karma gained on the "Karma" sheet. This way the "Karma" can be used to continue to track the Karma gained and used. If the sheet is going to continue to be used, perhaps some of the negative quality spaces can be used for tracking karma. The positive spaces can stay in case people buy extras.

Adding the karma gained the "Karma" sheet would also require adding a way to differentiate between CharGen and Post-CharGen qualities for the gaining of positive ones, and a way to pay back the negative ones. This gets especially tricky with adding ratings. If this spirals out of control, then perhaps instead of editing the "Karma" sheet, it would be better to add a few new sheets for tracking Post-CharGen stats.

Stylistically, I don't like all the gray background. I like to print out sheets so the gray areas between the large boxes seem a little pointless. The yellow regions come up pretty light so that's less of an issue.

Grummore

• Newb
« Reply #111 on: <07-03-14/0852:30> »
Hi there! New to the forum.

Where can I find this file Character Builder V0.9.3?

I cannot seems to find the correct link.

Thanks.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #112 on: <07-03-14/0932:03> »
It's on page 7. It seems that only registered users can see the link.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

technoshaman

• Newb
« Reply #113 on: <07-09-14/1056:11> »
Ok where is this link for the updated builder? I looked on page 7 and I see no link.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #114 on: <07-09-14/1140:40> »
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11723.0;attach=2878
Hope this will work. If not, go to page seven and look for a post by 'idietrying'. The builder is attached to the post.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

martinchaen

« Reply #115 on: <07-09-14/1142:08> »

marianojoey

• Newb
« Reply #116 on: <06-14-18/0015:25> »
So i just fixed a few minor bugs. Here is the new version. Sadly i'm kinda busy right now, so major updates gonna take a while. Btw thank u for all the good feedback.
Thats still an open office version.

Hey, Idietrying, I understand you don't keep the project up anymore, but could you share again the last version of it?