NEWS

Monofilament Whip/Garrote

• 40 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <05-10-11/2016:36> »
Monofilament (Which exists IRL, actually.  Yes, some shoelaces are made of it.  It's also used in the movie industry.  Just not at one molecule thick.) is nearly invisible.  Too damned thin.

What I'd do is have "Security Doors" made of the stuff.  Just have a base slide down from the top of the doorway and a nice series of lines of monofilament tightly together.  John Q. Shadowrunner goes through the doorway and gets the world's worst papercut.  Or, at the very least, needs a new hand.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #31 on: <05-10-11/2020:29> »
The Metahuman sized Egg-Cutter.
One long hallway, empty. One frame construction with lots of monofilament wire hanging directly under the roof of that floor.
Let it rip drop, and you have cut anything that was in there into fine thin slices.
Basically, what the Red Queen did in Resident Evil, but instead of a Laser Grid going from side to side, it's a Monofilament-Grid coming down from the top.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #32 on: <05-10-11/2046:52> »
And basically, Monowire is pretty limited in ways you can use it.
Basically, either have people move into it fast, or move it fast into people.
Doesn't that apply to most weapons?
Actually, what's the deal with the monofilament sword?  It's like a budget katana.  Are all katanas supposed to be monofilamented like the one in that SR4A story before Street Gear?
Hmm...I guess the wire is embedded into the blade, making it less lethal but more controllable.  What about attaching it under tension and mounting it like a hacksaw.  Urgh, there's a kitchen tool like that (other than a hacksaw) and it's bugging me that I can't remember what it's called or used for.

I suppose you could use it to floss the teeth in your cyberskull.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #33 on: <05-10-11/2048:29> »
Stahl, pretty much this?

Which is what people have been referring to by "Cube".

(warning: kinda gory)

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #34 on: <05-10-11/2136:33> »
Kinda?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <05-10-11/2330:08> »
Depends on what stuff you watch.

-k

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <05-11-11/0509:32> »
Stahl, pretty much this?

Which is what people have been referring to by "Cube".

(warning: kinda gory)

-k
Yah, kinda. But mine would drop from the ceiling with the frame lowering equally on all walls.
More or less a Mix between that and this
O course, a bit gory too . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <05-11-11/1042:27> »
Weird. The Youtube video I linked to is different than the one linked when you quoted my message.

-k

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <05-12-11/0722:45> »
indeed O.o

swliner

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <05-13-11/1831:48> »

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #40 on: <05-13-11/1935:37> »
Yes, exactly!  Thank you.  +1
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.