NEWS

Is A used Suprathyroid worth it?

• 36 Replies

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <03-20-17/2252:10> »
Keeping in mind the terms of conversation (Used & Omega), 'ripped off' isn't what we're talking about. That would fall under Run & Gun 197.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <03-21-17/0230:54> »
They'd better be given how much we're paying for it.

But realtalk, though, there are different stripes of SINless. I could see a streetdoc selling some SINless gangers some wonky bioware, but when a feared and respected streetsam walks into a beta clinic with over a million nuyen on his credstick, that's an entirely different scenario. Do runners still get ripped off on their 'wares from time to time? Yes. But I think enough streetsams have gone on revenge-fueled rampages and enough shifty streetdocs have had their kneecaps broken by now that when they do get ripped off it's something harder to detect than "your new superkidney is faulty and is actually killing you".
Imma just leave this here

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <03-21-17/1115:02> »
Keeping in mind the terms of conversation (Used & Omega), 'ripped off' isn't what we're talking about. That would fall under Run & Gun 197.
The general principle still applies. If something specifically causes streetsams to go on killing sprees in which valuable property is destroyed and valued employees and customers die (note: the streetsam himself may be a valued customer) it gets pulled until the corps fix whatever was wrong with it. R&D might be expensive, but so is property destruction, insurance premiums, hiring and training new employees and whatever marketing has to do to keep sales from dropping. This holds true whether it's something that turns everyone it's installed in into raving cyberpsychos or something that causes extreme customer dissatisfaction.

Imma just leave this here
Haven't seen it yet and don't want to spoil it for myself, but I suspect there's not been enough streetsams massacring people in that timeline to be relevant to this conversation.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <03-21-17/1938:30> »
If something specifically causes streetsams to go on killing sprees in which valuable property is destroyed and valued employees and customers die (note: the streetsam himself may be a valued customer) it gets pulled until the corps fix
There's your problem(s).

Chop docs, barrens clinics, organleggers, etc? Not corp. (some exceptions, like how corps set up in Lagos and test prototype augmentations on the locals)

Killing sprees outside arcologies and corp citizen compounds? Places where chop docs ply their business? Not quite as common as Tuesday, but violence is common enough that the cops don't go in the worse suburbs, nor do they step in until after it's done in surrounding areas.

Wonky wares? If we're talking Used/Omega, and we are, then the street samurai in question *chose* problems over costs. No rampage on discovery.

Haven't seen it yet and don't want to spoil it for myself, but I suspect there's not been enough streetsams massacring people in that timeline to be relevant to this conversation.
Can you tell from the pic that he looks old, scarred, and messed up? Non-spoiler alert. One guess as to why that is, and one guess as to what augmentation he has.

Also, 'not enough'? How many times have they tried to weaponise mutants in the xmen setting? How many times has that failed?

Adamo1618

« Reply #34 on: <03-22-17/1149:37> »
Not enough.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <03-22-17/1216:52> »
Chop docs, barrens clinics, organleggers, etc? Not corp. (some exceptions, like how corps set up in Lagos and test prototype augmentations on the locals)

Killing sprees outside arcologies and corp citizen compounds? Places where chop docs ply their business? Not quite as common as Tuesday, but violence is common enough that the cops don't go in the worse suburbs, nor do they step in until after it's done in surrounding areas.

Wonky wares? If we're talking Used/Omega, and we are, then the street samurai in question *chose* problems over costs. No rampage on discovery.
Oh, okay, that makes sense.

Can you tell from the pic that he looks old, scarred, and messed up? Non-spoiler alert. One guess as to why that is, and one guess as to what augmentation he has.
The adamantium's slowly doing him in? Huh. No precedence for that, but I guess it's plausible.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <03-22-17/1353:57> »
kinda like sleep regulators I mean only having to sleep 3 hours a day vs 8 hours