NEWS

Bull Pimps Himself Out!

• 41 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #15 on: <09-09-16/1434:49> »
Yeah...  I'm gonna avoid Real World politics as much as possible. 

In this case I used a Stock Photo of a generic guy in suit, and ran it through a few filters and made a few minor alterations (due to my lack of artistic skills) to age him up a bit.  I'ev had at least three "Hey, it's X" comments so far (X being an actor or politician), so obviously going for "generic suit guy" kinda worked :)

And Geek the Mage is on my list.  I'd also like to do a series of these for all the core archtypes, if I can come up with some decent concepts and taglines. :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <09-14-16/1843:49> »
TeePublic is having a Shirt Sale for the next 48ish hours (through Sept 17th, I think).  30% off all basic Tees.  I have 5 designs up, so now's a great time to snag a shirt! :)

And remember, you can't join the Bull Posse without an Ork Smiley shirt! ;)

https://www.teepublic.com/user/bulldrek

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #17 on: <09-14-16/1854:35> »
For Gunslinger Adepts too?
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <10-05-16/1410:40> »
Everything on my TeePublic site is on sale for 48 hours!  Grab your SR themed and Bull the Ork Decker shirts now! :)

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <11-09-16/0307:54> »
I weep for the future.  The horrible, tangerine colored future.  Show that you're not responsible with this new shirt!

NOTE:  I'm not here to debate this.  Want to argue politics and why I'm wrong, start a new thread.  This is my opinion, my belief, and my shirt.

Hey, I agree with you. I voted for Bernie.
« Last Edit: <11-19-16/1009:48> by FastJack »
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

DeathofVirtue

• Chummer
  • Astral Ghost
« Reply #20 on: <11-12-16/0648:31> »
  Look, I'm not trying to start an argument or political  debate here I'm not a US voter and my stance on the subject is irrelevant.

Don't you think those shirt pictures could be construed as provocational and inflammatory?
  The forum rules state they don't want political discourse and views of this nature because it's devisive and can lead to huge off-topic flame wars.
  I and I would wager the majority of people here are here for shadowrun not political views about a topic for a country that many of us don't even live in.
  I'm not saying dont stand up for your views and moral code, I'm saying a forum about shadowrun isn't the place to lobby for them.

I hope you can see my point here.
Because if I pass you I wont even leave a breeze.
If you search for me you won't find a trace.
What then do those seeking me say they found?
Nothing.
Zero is nothing.
I am Zero.
What better name for myself?
 -Zero on being asked where he got his name...

DeathofVirtue

• Chummer
  • Astral Ghost
« Reply #21 on: <11-12-16/0655:35> »
Yeah...  I'm gonna avoid Real World politics as much as possible

Uhhhh you are?...   :P
« Last Edit: <11-12-16/0752:27> by DeathofVirtue »
Because if I pass you I wont even leave a breeze.
If you search for me you won't find a trace.
What then do those seeking me say they found?
Nothing.
Zero is nothing.
I am Zero.
What better name for myself?
 -Zero on being asked where he got his name...

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <11-12-16/1304:52> »

It had been my intention.  However, things have progressed to a point where we have elected in the U.S. a whole pile of people who have very directly and publicly stated over and over that they intend to enact laws that will harm or adversely effect a large portion of my friends.  I feel it's necessary to do something, however small (and due to health issues and other problems, I'm very limited in what I can do :( ).

And to answer your other post, maybe.  But I'm not intending for this to be a point of discussion.  It simply is what it is, and it's a sideline to my larger projects as a whole. I'll get back to gaming stuff soon, promise.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <11-14-16/1858:08> »

It had been my intention.  However, things have progressed to a point where we have elected in the U.S. a whole pile of people who have very directly and publicly stated over and over that they intend to enact laws that will harm or adversely effect a large portion of my friends.  I feel it's necessary to do something, however small (and due to health issues and other problems, I'm very limited in what I can do :( ).

And to answer your other post, maybe.  But I'm not intending for this to be a point of discussion.  It simply is what it is, and it's a sideline to my larger projects as a whole. I'll get back to gaming stuff soon, promise.

I feel I have every right to be scared. I feel I have every right to cry foul, and I thank you for adding your voice and helping us be heard. I am pagan, I am LGBT, and I have survived conversion therapy...barely. It's been 12 years, and I still have nightmares.

But it's Trump's supporters who scare me the most. I'd explain why, but those wounds are still a bit too fresh.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <11-17-16/2013:38> »
Just a note that all my shirts are currently on sale, though only for a few more hours (I really need to read the mail they send me so I can post these sales more promptly).  Also a reminder that I will be donated 50% of all my Commission from all my shirts to the ACLU through the end of the year (Any Political-themed shirts I will continue to do this indefinitely). 

Also, I've uploaded several new pieces of writing to my Patreon, this time several poems!  Poems??  Yup :)  Some stuff I've done over the years, including, if you can believe it, a love poem. :)  These are exclusive to my Patreon backers though, so to check those out you gotta become a Patron! :)

https://www.patreon.com/Bulldrek

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #25 on: <11-19-16/2057:52> »
The forum rules clearly state no politics, so please do not post images of shirts referencing real-world politics. Links to the shop are fine. Thanks.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <02-16-17/1942:51> »
Heya all, I'm back in the saddle again.  Real life and the depressing state of the real world kept me creatively under wraps for a bit (Beyond doing certain T-shirt designs as both mental therapy and as a way to raise a few bucks for the ACLU, as proceeds from any of those shirts get donated to them).

But, we're back with some new fun!  This time:  Apoch's Twilight.

Apoch's Twilight is an RPG I'm designing and writing from the group up.  It's a world that was once a highly technologically advanced magical society (Think modern day technology, only developed through magic instead of electronics and science) that was destroyed during a Great World War that saw the very pantheon of gods themselves take to the battlefield.  Impenetrable Magical Dome were erected to protect some portion of the populace all across the world, and the people living in them have been trapped for 150 years.  The Ravensport Dome, where the players start, has finally come down, and the players are part of a group that is sent out to explore what's left of the world.

So basically, magical Fallout, to a degree. :)

THere's an added layer to this though, as in game, Apoch's Twilight is actually the worlds first fully immersive Virtual Reality MMO that has just launched it's first full Alpha Test of the game.  The players all play as themselves playing as their VRMMO characters, and during the games opening event they get trapped inside the game by a budding AI that takes control of the system and exploits a flaw in the VR Headset design to prevent the players from logging out or having the headset removed externally.

So basically Magical Fallout meets Sword Art Online.

I'm drawing heavily from SAO as well as other "Trapped in an MMO" type anime/manga/light novels such as Log Horizon (one of my all time favorite series, watch it if you haven't) and the .hack series, plus any number of Isekai (transported to a new world) series.

As I write them, I'm posting the full game rules exclusively to my Patreon backers, but I'm also posting a Development Journal as I work on the game detailing how I'm creating it as well as running a game online for some of my Patreon supporters and posting the games up to YouTube, both of which are available to the general public.

So far I've got a basic, workable set of game rules and run the first game session.  But more will be coming.  I'm having a lot of fun working on this. :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <03-22-17/1748:36> »
Heya.  So I posted up the first Actual Play of Apoch's Twilight last month.  You can find that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBxmAGUbSo

I will have the next couple of parts posted up soon.  I've fallen behind on the Dev Diary stuff, sadly, but hope to get that moving again.  I am regularly updating the game rules though, and hope to get some of the world background and world building stuff done up and released in the next couple months.  That stuff is currently available exclusively to my Patrons.

I also have a couple new Shadowrun-themed T-shirts!  Springboarding off the Ork Deckers shirt concept I did last year, I'm doing a new line of Class Team Logo shirts.  First up, Street Sams and Adepts!  As always you can find my shirts over at TeePublic, and currently the shirts are all on sale 30% off for the next couple days!

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <03-26-17/0659:17> »
I started up a new project called The Bulldrek Round Table.  Each month I'll invite a couple of game industry vets to a round table style chat where we'll take turns asking each other questions about gaming, life, and anything else that comes to mind, all the while just chatting and having a good time.  And hopefully being interesting in the process.

Episode 1 is now up, featuring SHadowrun authors Kevin "Red" Czarnecki and Thomas "Wakshaani" Willoughby. 

You can catch it up on YouTube as well as listen to the Podcast.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <04-19-17/0952:47> »
I have Part 1 of a new Bull the Ork Decker Shadowrun story called "In Ork Years..." up exclusively for my Patreon backers.

I also have a new episode of Bull Plays out, where I'm starting to play through Tropico 5:  https://youtu.be/0MuBw4wsCng

There's also a new Bulldrek Round Table that I recorded last night with Opti and RJ Thomas that will be posted as soon as I can carve out enough time to edit it and get it up :)