Shadowrun General > Gear

Tech vs magic

<< < (4/6) > >>

Turtletron:

--- Quote ---Posted by: Dead Monky

--- End quote ---

Some new runners would have a lot to learn from him. I already see that, "G.I. Joe's school for runner newbies" 8)

Doc Chaos:
Yeah, the inter-setting-dimensional link is down at the moment. No date on when it will be fixed, sorry.

Turtletron:

--- Quote ---Posted by: Dead Monky

--- End quote ---

Some new runners would have a lot to learn from him. I already see that, "G.I. Joe's school for runner newbies" 8)

Critias:

--- Quote from: Turtletron on ---Feel the same, my players almost never do hackers/technomancer/riggers archetype, so the 3 books you mentionned are being used non-stop, still good to have a look in Unwired once in a while.

--- End quote ---
It's not just that, mind it's just that -- Street Magic notwithstanding, since it really is mostly there for folks with magic, or GMs who handle them -- Arsenal and Augmentation have stuff in them for...well...everybody.

Sure, guns are mostly gonna be for the sammies/mercs.  But what about armor?  Everyone needs that!  New vehicles?  New drones?  Those two are right up a rigger's alley (and mine are still riggers, not hackers).  There are plenty of cyberware/bioware options that aren't combat oriented, and that will appeal to more than just gunbunnies.  The rules for cyberware suites are useful for anyone who wants to get much chrome at all, for instance.

Those two books, in particular, just feel like they really flesh out the setting, add to the must have equipment lists, and round out the core book. 

Mooncrow:

--- Quote from: Critias on ---
--- Quote from: Turtletron on ---Feel the same, my players almost never do hackers/technomancer/riggers archetype, so the 3 books you mentionned are being used non-stop, still good to have a look in Unwired once in a while.

--- End quote ---
It's not just that, mind it's just that -- Street Magic notwithstanding, since it really is mostly there for folks with magic, or GMs who handle them -- Arsenal and Augmentation have stuff in them for...well...everybody.

Sure, guns are mostly gonna be for the sammies/mercs.  But what about armor?  Everyone needs that!  New vehicles?  New drones?  Those two are right up a rigger's alley (and mine are still riggers, not hackers).  There are plenty of cyberware/bioware options that aren't combat oriented, and that will appeal to more than just gunbunnies.  The rules for cyberware suites are useful for anyone who wants to get much chrome at all, for instance.

Those two books, in particular, just feel like they really flesh out the setting, add to the must have equipment lists, and round out the core book. 

--- End quote ---

Have to agree wholeheartedly with this.  Personally, I love Runner's Companion too, though it's less useful overall, but the qualities in there are top notch.

Plus, karmagen (with the German errata) is <3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version