NEWS

Ramplates

• 22 Replies

Barskor

• Chummer
« on: <09-27-11/2152:34> »
What do you think of having a (bad jokes a side ::)) Ramplate in the back of your vehicle so when being chased you can slamm on the breaks and smash them up?

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #1 on: <09-28-11/0108:52> »
It would protect your ride, but cars are normally not build to accept hit from the rear very well so it would still be very uncomfortable for the ones in your car.

Regards
Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #2 on: <09-28-11/0458:23> »
It would protect your ride, but cars are normally not build to accept hit from the rear very well so it would still be very uncomfortable for the ones in your car.

Regards
Rasmus

That's what Passenger Protection is for, isn't it? :P

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #3 on: <09-28-11/1044:27> »
^ And what the ramplates are for. For modifying your car so it does withstand hits from behind.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <09-28-11/1143:10> »
High-Rail System for a truck can make it quite the force to be reckoned with.  There was an accident near my College in which one of my classmates was in, where the other driver pointed out, "If I was in my company truck, I'd have killed you with the high rail!".

After I explained what a high rail system was (Friends and family in the railroad business, gotta love it), her face went sheet white.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <09-28-11/1154:04> »
Yeah they have a Mod in Arsenal to go from road to rail and back again is that it?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <09-28-11/1205:43> »
No, but they have one IRL.  Honestly, you don't want to do that kind of thing without knowing how to do it properly.  And knowing the schedule of the trains, which is always off from what is listed.  Always.

When it comes between trucks and trains, trains always have right of way.

There aren't many rail lines left in North America anyhow, considering how many countries and tribal territories they cut through, with a customs stop at pretty much every one.  Easier to take the bus, cheaper bribes and faster searches.  And driving on the rails would certainly get you noticed on customs patrols, which would watch the rail lines carefully as cargo trains do still move a lot of goods around.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <09-28-11/1256:45> »
No, but they have one IRL.  Honestly, you don't want to do that kind of thing without knowing how to do it properly.  And knowing the schedule of the trains, which is always off from what is listed.  Always.

When it comes between trucks and trains, trains always have right of way.

There aren't many rail lines left in North America anyhow, considering how many countries and tribal territories they cut through, with a customs stop at pretty much every one.  Easier to take the bus, cheaper bribes and faster searches.  And driving on the rails would certainly get you noticed on customs patrols, which would watch the rail lines carefully as cargo trains do still move a lot of goods around.
I don't know about that. I think the rails are still in pretty good use, they just have automatic tariffs when traveling (i.e. they don't stop to pay). Looking at the map of current railroads in NA, I don't think they'd dismantle much.

There was also the high-speed maglev that used to travel through Tir Tairngire without stopping in the borders--made for some interesting ways to get in to/out of the country.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <09-28-11/1546:50> »
Wasn't sure of the NAN and certain tribes.  The Reserves up here can be very hostile towards the railroads.

'Course, considering how the railroad companies are run now-a-days, and previously, and, well, ever, I'm not surprised.  Still, better than flying, as long as you're not trying to get to Calgary.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <09-28-11/1657:41> »
Remember, a LARGE portion of the railway's income is not through passenger trains, but transport of goods (to the point where I remember taking the train out to Minnesota a few years back during a snow storm and when there was only room for one train on the tracks, the passenger train was shunted off and delayed).

Now, with the transport of goods, comes some good money. Add the jobs produced when they are contracted to keep the tracks clear and running. Then you have a nice little bit of income just to allow the trains to go through your country.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <09-28-11/1754:21> »
Yeah, true enough.  Probably just the amount of protests I see blocking off rail lines on the news all the time running in my head.  It's a good way to run a protest, especially if it hits the pocket book.

A lot of those areas don't have roads, just the rail line.  Some don't even have that.

Ice Roads are FUN!  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #11 on: <09-28-11/1803:46> »
Ramplates on all four sides, folks. Then rotating 360 degree wheels! and massive acceleration!

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #12 on: <10-01-11/0502:39> »
One ram plate modification applies for ramming in any conceivable form.

And, deceleration is just as applicable as acceleration in a chase combat scenario for doing ramming damage.

Step one achieve Short Range for engagement purposes.
Step two, make a ramming test.  Damage is based on running/walking rates for the vehicle you're in.  Actual position and so forth is abstracted.

I do have to say that all this rail talk is reminding me of an old detective character of mine named Pacer Stacktrain, after the box cars of the same name.

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <10-03-11/1207:30> »
Well my gm has me pointed in the wrong direction if i use the front  end to ramm chassing cars I then have to spin it back around and gain speed all over again. Or I can Stop bump and go useing the momentum of the car behind me to regain speed.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #14 on: <10-03-11/1227:12> »
Eh. Install two ram plates, one on front and one on rear.

-k