NEWS

Sniper in the sky

• 96 Replies

Barskor

• Chummer
« on: <09-25-11/0425:03> »
The GTS Tower Arsenal book pages 121/122
Modified with  increasing its stop and go Manuvering with Turbo Charger 4 Chameleon Coating 2 Improved Sensors

Handling 0 Acceleration 30/70 Speed 120 Pilot 3 Body 4 Armor 2 Sensor 3
Comes with Wepons mount external flexable remote controlled and so you allways can get a signal through a Retransmiter signal 6

Of coarse we upgrade piloting to whatever the GM will let us and add Clearsight and Gunnery Sensors to need raised as high as possable.
Rename  it Goad
« Last Edit: <09-25-11/1644:20> by Barskor »

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #1 on: <09-25-11/0857:13> »
The old "cheese" way of getting an aerial sniper was slap a rifle into a LS blimp drone.

Darn near invisible and by strict rules it suffers no recoil.

-k

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-25-11/1033:19> »
I can't figure out why you took out the drone rack. Ten Heimdalls, half AV half HE, guided by a skilled rigger/TM, are going to hit pretty much anything heavy you need hit. 6 turns at 3,000 m per turn means it can be so far out of sight and range it's practically untouchable -- and certainly unnoticed.

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <09-25-11/1643:34> »
I was building it late in my night time and I thought I needed the slots for the other things so back go's the drone wrack.

The gun I would like the Ares Thunderstruck with Extended Barrel, Extended clip Drum, Firing selection change large adding BF , Improved Range finder and Smart Link

The old "cheese" way of getting an aerial sniper was slap a rifle into a LS blimp drone.

-k
If it Saves my bottom it can come in what ever flavor of cheese it likes. lol

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-25-11/1700:12> »
I was building it late in my night time and I thought I needed the slots for the other things so back go's the drone wrack.

The gun I would like the Ares Thunderstruck with Extended Barrel, Extended clip Drum, Firing selection change large adding BF , Improved Range finder and Smart Link

-k
If it Saves my bottom it can come in what ever flavor of cheese it likes. lol
I haven't figured the reason for love of the Thunderstruck. The Barrett has the same range, same damage, same AP, same mode, has better RC. It carries more ammo per clip, and it's both less expensive and more available.

Oh, and I can put the Barrett in the Tower's weapon mount. (Is the assault cannon equal to or less than the LMG in size/weight? AFAIK, it's heavier. Which means I need a heavier mount.)

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <09-25-11/1808:42> »
It is loved because it cuts armor values in half and then again by -4 Panthers can't do that  Barretts don't do it eather it is singular. check errata

But looking over weapon mount rules it looks like i will have to pick a lighter weapon any how.
So Barrett 121 with extended barrel Extened clip drum, firing selection chang adding BF Improved range finder and smart gun link.

I am happy are you?

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-25-11/1813:52> »
Ah, forgot the 1/2 armor.

So.... SnS ammo?  ;D

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <09-25-11/1838:50> »
The problem is I cant imagine silencing an assault canon and that potentially draws a lot of attention to your drone. I prefer getting a very nice sniper rifle and Anti Vehicle rounds on it. I think realistically you will get more shots off at lower risk to your very expensive equipment.

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <09-25-11/1844:20> »
LOL would SNS evan survive impact?

The premis is A stable firing platform that can simulate shots coming from buildings and such high places and be capable of quickly repositioning to face an ever changing battlefield.
Thus generating false leads as hottle rooms are checked for cluse and so on
The problem is I cant imagine silencing an assault canon and that potentially draws a lot of attention to your drone. I prefer getting a very nice sniper rifle and Anti Vehicle rounds on it. I think realistically you will get more shots off at lower risk to your very expensive equipment.
Yes attention drawn to the drone is reduced by the Chameleon Coating 
« Last Edit: <09-25-11/1848:32> by Barskor »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #9 on: <09-25-11/1846:49> »
The problem is I cant imagine silencing an assault canon and that potentially draws a lot of attention to your drone.
That's why you give it to the Troll Muscle.  They're cheaper and much more easily available on the market.  ;D

Yes yes, I know, the Special Hell.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <09-25-11/1855:07> »

Yes yes, I know, the Special Hell.

CanRay, did you take advantage of that girl? With your "troll muscle" no less?

Seriously though, chameleon coating is great, but blimps are slow and once you fire the cannon all the camo in the world wont protect a blimp for long from a well equipped team. Let the troll character take that weapon and all the return fire and save your money as the rigger by playing it smart and quiet

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <09-25-11/1910:08> »
No troll could skipp from building to building and keep a good rate of fire into the Z where as a blimp can switch in combate rounds or just free fly without lining up buildings for fake trajectorys spelled wrong  damit!

CanRay, did you take advantage of that girl? With your "troll muscle" no less?

Seriously though, chameleon coating is great, but blimps are slow and once you fire the cannon all the camo in the world wont protect a blimp for long from a well equipped team. Let the troll character take that weapon and all the return fire and save your money as the rigger by playing it smart and quiet

I could get 3 or so trolls for 30,000 set up indiferant locals  but the trolls might talk if caught and the drone can't if program right or armed with self destruct.

My modified blimp is as fast as some Motercycles faster in the Acceleration 30/70 so go find a fast vehical with all the capabilitys of this one and you have a point.

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <09-25-11/1938:46> »
How the hell do you get the Tower or any other blimp to 30/70 acceleration?

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <09-25-11/1952:04> »
Turbo charging has 4 ratings and each one adds 5/10 to your Acceleration  if we cut the beniffits in half it would be 20/50 so ka.

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <09-25-11/2006:21> »
Yeah but turbo charger is only for gas or diesel powered vehicles. I know for sure the stormcloud blimp is solar/electric powered and I always assumed the other blimp style drone would operate on similar mechanics and would say that as a GM. Even if your GM was the kind of guy who let you turbocharge a blimp, it would limited to three levels, the equivalent of the body because turbocharger is limited to the lower of 4 times or the body of the vehicle.