NEWS

Seattle road map

• 96 Replies

mrjbrownfield

• Newb
« on: <02-03-11/1441:47> »
I'm looking for some more detailed maps of Seattle, speciffically road maps.  The maps in the Seattle 2072 sourcebook aren't detailed enough for what I need, and I don't want to rely on a modern map.  Does anyone know of one published in a sourcebook I am unaware of or has anyone been working on one?

Later

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-03-11/1852:35> »
Modern maps are almost certainly your best bet...
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Nexushound

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-03-11/2230:44> »
Oi Chums,

An official street by street map of the Seattle Metroplex would be AWESOME, but hard to make no doubt. And if it did not mesh with your vision of what certain areas of the city looked like well then you would be making it up any way. It is likeley that if we ever did get a street by street of Seatte thats all we would get and I run games that cover the Globe.

Personaly, I use Google Earth. You can take an adddress from a sourcebook, like Seattle 2072, and search for it. Plop down a marker add what fluff and crunch you want for that locale and whammo. Then use the street Cam Veiw to give you more detail. We even use the ruler tool to help with distances in combat scenes. You can create overlays to mark out Gang territory, create borders to map out city sectors and you have every city in the world at your fingertips. On game day I set up in the living room connecting my laptop to my Big Screen and show the players what I want on the screen. I can hide stuff I don't want them to see exposing it as they do their legwork across the city. Is a great tool. Check it out.
« Last Edit: <02-03-11/2233:59> by Nexushound »
Matrix Access ID Spoofed
Encryption Keys Generated
Login
Enter Passcode
Biometric Scan Confirmed

Tagz

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-03-11/2303:26> »
I have a few maps.  I feel really awful that I can't recall who made them and give them credit where credit is due, but I'm fairly certain since these were posted on DS freely that they are not copyrighted or protected intellectual property.

http://img573.imageshack.us/i/srweltseattlestadtteile.gif/
http://img808.imageshack.us/i/redmondmap.jpg/

If anyone else remembers these and can recall who made them please let me know.  They deserve recognition.

And Seattle 2072 has a few maps as well, very good sourcebook for Seattle based adventures.

And I just noticed ImageShack resized them a bit smaller.  Well, if you want larger ones you can PM me and I'll email them to you or something.
« Last Edit: <02-03-11/2305:35> by Tagz »

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-04-11/0129:59> »
I found this link usefull in all things seattle, http://shadowrun.chinagreenelvis.com/map/index.html it even has all the spots marked on the map :) cheers and I hope it helps.

tzizimine

• Omae
  • Yes, I misspelled tzitzimeme...
« Reply #5 on: <09-21-11/1826:05> »
Long-time lurker, new-time poster...

I took some time and mapped all the sites from Seattle 2072 into Google Maps. Listed below are the links to it (broken up by district because Google Maps has a limitation on KML file sizes). Please note that going through the book and looking at the map, there are some obvious discrepancies (and I realize that in 60+ years, there would be at least a few changes to the exact road layout of Seattle, but since Google Maps won't reflect that, I've had to make some minor corrections)

Please enjoy, comment, etc...

Seattle 2072 Goggle Maps

Everett

Snohomish

Redmond

Bellevue

Council Island

Downtown

Renton

Tacoma

Auburn

Fort Lewis

Puyallup

Outremer
"When in doubt, cause trouble. When in trouble, cause doubt."

My Cheat Sheet in pdf

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-21-11/1843:24> »
In the Seattle Book, I was reading about a whole bunch of places I knew or had heard about. So a modern map shouldn't be that far off though when you take into account that they might have multiple level's of roads by now.... <.< not quite sure how build up the city would be by now.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

tzizimine

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-21-11/1845:52> »
It was mostly that some of the sites either didn't belong in the districts that they were listed in or the street addresses didn't exist in Seattle 2011 (as opposed to Seattle 2072)

My Cheat Sheet in pdf

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <09-21-11/1918:07> »
It was mostly that some of the sites either didn't belong in the districts that they were listed in or the street addresses didn't exist in Seattle 2011 (as opposed to Seattle 2072)

Yeah I'll give you that, the locations are kind of funky, and Tacoma.... well some of the outer boundries you can go street by street and sometimes it will have a small batch of lakewood in it. <.< Happens here in Washington.

It's kind of changed the territories a bit. Though from what I was reading I think where I live got slagged from the eruption. Puyallup that is... i'm actually close to that "Shadowrunner mall" or whatever it was. I could walk there in less than 10 minutes most likely. xD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

tzizimine

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-21-11/1922:45> »
You mean the Crime Mall... that's hilarious

My Cheat Sheet in pdf

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <09-21-11/1951:32> »
You mean the Crime Mall... that's hilarious

Yeah exactly. Ironically a little north about a block or two, and west is an actuall South Hill Mall which takes about 15 or so minutes to get to from my house. xD

I like the fact that it's in the area. (shadowrun that is) so i can use my knowledge of the actual places nearby. :D

We have a game store called the Game Matrix in tacoma figured wow that's a pefect shadowrun name for a shop.... :D

(it's actually the type of store that would sell Dungeons and Dragons, and Shadowrun books. The nerd gathering store. XD But I use it in my campaign as a local virtual reality surf the web or play virtual video games store. :D Great for Mr. Johnson who doesn't want to meet in person i thinks!

Big_J

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <09-28-11/0055:38> »
What is the public transit like? subway, light rail, bus. Can you get anywhere in the city or only in the district your in?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #12 on: <09-28-11/0813:19> »
Reliability is proportional to the money of the district. Downtown 'plex, where there's a lot of commerce and cash flow makes it pretty reliable in those areas. Head out to the barrens, and you'll be lucky to find a cab that isn't part of the Ghoul "Meals-on-Wheels" program.

tzizimine

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-28-11/1029:07> »
As of 2011, Seattle does not have an underground subway system. It is mostly buses with a few monorails that are above ground. If you get a chance, look at Seattle through Google Earth and have the terrain feature turned on. You'll notice that Seattle is a very hilly, almost mountainous area (which makes sense, given the proximity to Mt. Rainier and other mountains). Given that the Ork Underground is underneath the majority of Downtown, which is the remains of real-life Seattle buildings that were lost in the early 1900's and that Seattle is near an active volcano, I doubt that anyone would be able to build an underground subway system and the terrain outside of Downtown is not really suitable for monorails (which don't like steep inclines).

I would imagine in 2072 that there are a few monorails making a Downtown circuit but still mostly buses to the areas safe enough to handle them. And don't forget the ferrys... Seattle is and would likely still be famous for them.
« Last Edit: <09-28-11/1031:59> by tzizimine »

My Cheat Sheet in pdf

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #14 on: <09-28-11/1121:57> »
Reliability is proportional to the money of the district. Downtown 'plex, where there's a lot of commerce and cash flow makes it pretty reliable in those areas. Head out to the barrens, and you'll be lucky to find a cab that isn't part of the Ghoul "Meals-on-Wheels" program.
I gave my group two choices for cabs that went into the Barrens...

Ghoul Cap and Dragon Taxi.  They tried Dragon Taxi first, and got a Dragon wearing a Turban on AR.  They immediately hung up and have used Ghoul Cab ever since.

Too bad I lost my notebook full of introductions as those were golden!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11