NEWS

Skill needed for Medusa Extensions (SR5)

• 7 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« on: <06-05-18/1836:48> »
...so what skill does one use for Medusa Extensions from Cutting Aces?
« Last Edit: <06-05-18/1838:31> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-05-18/2117:47> »
Pilot Exotic Vehicle (Medusa Drone), if you must. Honestly, though, most people who use them probably just default to Reaction.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-06-18/0114:43> »
You can't default to the Pilot Exotic Vehicle [Specific] skill ;-)

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <06-06-18/0948:38> »
I'll be damned. You can default on Ground Craft and Watercraft, but none of the other Pilot skills. I guess that makes sense, but now I gotta go rework some NPCs ...

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-06-18/1511:43> »
Hm, just realized: Medusa Extensions have Body 1(1). that enables you to install a mini weapon mount, allowing you to add a stun baton or shock glove.
Add 20 of those to your hair and have your decker run a swarm program with 10 individual swarms.

Now, you can lower Body to gain an additional MP (so 0(2) ). That enables you to integrate a small weapon mount for a heavy pistol or machine pistol.
Repeat process and try to avoid getting hit with various source books :D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #5 on: <06-06-18/1527:13> »
Hm, just realized: Medusa Extensions have Body 1(1). that enables you to install a mini weapon mount, allowing you to add a stun baton or shock glove.
Add 20 of those to your hair and have your decker run a swarm program with 10 individual swarms.

Now, you can lower Body to gain an additional MP (so 0(2) ). That enables you to integrate a small weapon mount for a heavy pistol or machine pistol.
Repeat process and try to avoid getting hit with various source books :D
Oh no, if I was a GM I wouldn't hit the person with source books. I would do something far, far worse. When he showed me his final character, I would simply smile, and say, "Are you suuure?" And then not say anything more about it. Then, first session, make him go through a metal detector at a security gate to get to the meet, before the job even starts. He gets thrown out for trying to bring 20 heavy pistols into the meet. Mr. Johnson uses the unprofessional conduct to reduce the team's pay by 20%.

And when the complaining starts, I will shrug, turn to the idiot, and say, sweetly, "I did ask if you were sure, remember?"
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #6 on: <06-06-18/2342:43> »
Except the only attribute of drones you can lower to 0 is speed, so nice try (enduring downgrades p.123 R5)
« Last Edit: <06-06-18/2356:56> by PiXeL01 »
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #7 on: <06-06-18/2346:41> »
I had a feeling this thread was gonna get weird. Good to know my gut isn't totally crazy.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking