NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <11-19-14/1611:53> »
What's the goal of the Navigation roll? You know where you are, specifically Highway 82 headed west-northwest into Aspen. If you're looking for a place to stay, that would be more of a local area knowledge roll rather than Navigation.

Working on an IC post to cover Crumpled's hardware roll.

Calling contacts is an option but keep in mind that it is getting close to 2AM.

8-bit

« Reply #31 on: <11-19-14/1619:33> »
What's the goal of the Navigation roll? You know where you are, specifically Highway 82 headed west-northwest into Aspen. If you're looking for a place to stay, that would be more of a local area knowledge roll rather than Navigation.

I was just wondering if there were any options (like local hotels or something) that would be visible on an AR map. Probably not though.

Outside of that, I think Chino is just going to quietly drive us towards Aspen; there's not much else he can do.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <11-19-14/1705:44> »
Did Ryo give folks points to spend in Knowledge Skills?  And if so, is there any record of Ravensoracle having spent any of them?  If not, I'll definetly pick up some AK (Aspen) and AK (Denver) (probably a few others as well).

Either way, I'd like Crumpled to make a AK (Aspen) to find a place for us to lay low, also maybe something to dig up some kind of contact he may have in the area.  Also, did anyone try and contact Reggie's hookup?  I lost track of that thread.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #33 on: <11-19-14/1727:13> »
Did Ryo give folks points to spend in Knowledge Skills?

Quote from: Tabula Rasa Chapter 1, OOC; Page 1
7: The Crumpled Man. Played by: Ravensoracle
Knowledge Points: 16

Looking at his sheet, it seems he did not spend any.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #34 on: <11-19-14/1736:29> »
IC post to follow, but based on the IC from Tecumseh, it looks like we're going to have to find an unoccupied private residence.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <11-19-14/1737:33> »
YES, Ryo did give people knowledge skill points to spend. I was going to mention that but it got lost in the mix. Thank you for the reminder. Here's what people have left:

1: The Troll.
Knowledge Points: 11
Spent: 7 (Firearms 3 was free)
Remaining: 4

3: The Human.
Knowledge Points: 10
Spent: 0
Remaining: 10

4: The Dwarf.
Knowledge Points: 10
Spent: 6 (Magical Artifacts 4 was free)
Remaining: 4

5: The Ork.
Knowledge Points: 12
Spent: 2
Remaining: 10

6: The Masked Woman.
Knowledge Points: 18
Spent: 18
Remaining: 0

7: The Crumpled Man.
Knowledge Points: 16
Spent: 0
Remaining: 16

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <11-19-14/1740:33> »
Also, Reggie's connection in Aspen was Vinny the Bear. The group has Vinny's commcode, and he is expecting the delivery of his horned bear presently. It has not been pursued beyond that, although Ohanzee was familiar with the name via his Organized Crime knowledge skill.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <11-19-14/1756:12> »
The other thing I forgot: Ohanzee does not have any skills or spells related to disguise or altering his appearance.

Katsina's alchemical preparation, Combat Sense @ F5:

Magic 6 + Alchemy 5 + Enchanting Focus 2 + Mentor Spirit 2 - stun 1 - sustaining 2 = 5 hits
Soaking F + 1 (contact trigger) = 6 drain = 6 hits, phew no drain

Final result is Force 5, Potency 5.

Please let me know if there are other questions outstanding that I have missed.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #38 on: <11-19-14/1812:37> »
Also, Reggie's connection in Aspen was Vinny the Bear. The group has Vinny's commcode, and he is expecting the delivery of his horned bear presently. It has not been pursued beyond that, although Ohanzee was familiar with the name via his Organized Crime knowledge skill.
Yeah, we can contact him, but it would be best to leave out the hunters and the horned bear altogether. He's not likely to be in a good mood about not getting his pet. It might be best to contact him in a few days after he's had a chance to cool off. In IC, Ohanzee has put the option on the table (in the old thread) but is currently working under the assumption that we won't be contacting him this evening.

Roll for astral perception (guaranteed to suck as 6 dice). Willing to use it as part of a teamwork roll with Katsina if she wants:
Astral Perception (looking for pursuers) [Intuition 4 + Assensing 4 - Wounds 2]: 6d6t5 1
Predictable. Though narrowly avoiding a glitch is nice.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <11-19-14/1824:29> »
Katsina has a Detect Enemies (Extended) spell up. It's F4 so it reaches out 240 meters. I'm not sure if she mentioned it explicitly but it's not a secret. Ohanzee would see her sustaining the spell when he assenses.

The surrounding forest is bright and obscures astral vision past the treeline. Checking the road and the skies is easy enough. You don't see anyone else. It's a quiet, snowy night in the mountains.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <11-19-14/1841:52> »
Rolling area knowledge to see if I can come up with a good place to hole up for the night.
AK - Aspen (2) + Intuition (4) - wound(1) = 5: 5d6t5 2

And IIRC APB got the marks on the Van.  Did she invite marks from Chino and Crumpled at the time?  Otherwise I'll have to re-hack it.  But should be able to fairly easily with a direct connection.
« Last Edit: <11-19-14/1845:04> by Zweiblumen »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <11-19-14/1902:40> »
When Crumpled thinks about what he knows of the area, he feels his brain working in an unusual way. Crumpled has the Qualia treatment from Augmentations:

Qualia: Derived from a reptilian species, this hormone
stimulates neural activity in the reptilian hind mind and the sensory-
dedicated lobes, ultimately affecting the intuitive subconscious
grasp of sensory information. Qualia is believed to be a form of
organic storage of raw empirical data associated with prior sensory
stimuli, which can reinforce a subject’s ability to absorb and react
to input from their environment (even on a subconscious level).
Characters with this modification receive a +1 dice pool modifier
to all Intuition-linked skill tests.

If you want to roll an extra die, you may. Two hits - and the fluff of the genetic treatment - is enough to remember that houses are more common on the outskirts of town, which happens to be where you are now. The middle of the town is more condos, apartments, hotels, etc. There are houses in the middle of town too but they're more tightly-packed and the urban density will make it harder to go unseen. Alternatively, the density could also help you blend in during the day, but not at this time of night when the good boys and girls are in bed.

You have two turns coming up: Stillwater Drive on the left and Lupine Drive on the right. Either will take you up and away from the road toward fancy houses that you may or may not be able to afford yourself if you ever manage to sell this huge chunk of metal.

APB did get marks on the van. I do not think she invited marks from anyone else. It wouldn't have been in her character, anyway. Let's say you have to re-hack it.

If anyone is wondering what I share ICly versus OOCly, it varies. I could probably post a version of this information ICly for expediency's sake, but often I prefer to give the PCs the information to RP around and present in their own fashion. Otherwise the IC forum just becomes a long series of GM posts and I'll get tired of hearing my own voice.

I've got my Wednesday night game coming up so I won't be updating much more until late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <11-19-14/1910:59> »
I rolled it.  extra die from Qualia treatment: 1d6t5 0 Wasn't a 1, so no glitch either.  That was a bit risky.

Anyway, I'll post IC with reguards to this.

Also, I don't have the Augmentations book.  This is a bioware?

Edit:
Do we still have Reggie's commlink?  If we got rid of it, I can't spoof command as he's long gone at this point.
If it's gone, when the time comes I'll just get three marks and do a control device to put it on auto pilot to run until its out of gas.  Will rely on Sam to handle the demolitions side of things.
If we have the commlink, I'll use that to invite marks from chino and let him drive it wherever is best.
« Last Edit: <11-19-14/1941:29> by Zweiblumen »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <11-19-14/1926:23> »
It's a genetic treatment. Specifically, it's a type of enhanced protein exchange. Crumpled has a high enough Biotech skill that he may know and understand what this means, even without the precise knowledge skills.

Transgenics refers to inserting genes that originate from either non-metahuman species or de novo designs. These can lead to major metabolic or phenotypic alteration. They are considered “foreign” in terms of biological systemic stress and cause Essence loss. ... Trangenics encompasses all treatments by which non-metahuman genes and traits are spliced into the recipient’s genome.

Enhanced Protein Exchange
Exchanging the genes of key proteins for optimized versions can alter bodily functions with an adjuvant effect. Similarly, specially designed synthetic proteins can be added to the subject’s genome to optimize the efficiency of various processes.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <11-19-14/1936:02> »
It's a genetic treatment. Specifically, it's a type of enhanced protein exchange. Crumpled has a high enough Biotech skill that he may know and understand what this means, even without the precise knowledge skills.

Transgenics refers to inserting genes that originate from either non-metahuman species or de novo designs. These can lead to major metabolic or phenotypic alteration. They are considered “foreign” in terms of biological systemic stress and cause Essence loss. ... Trangenics encompasses all treatments by which non-metahuman genes and traits are spliced into the recipient’s genome.

Enhanced Protein Exchange
Exchanging the genes of key proteins for optimized versions can alter bodily functions with an adjuvant effect. Similarly, specially designed synthetic proteins can be added to the subject’s genome to optimize the efficiency of various processes.
Guess my question was, where do I put this on his char sheet? :)