NEWS

Mimic Like Monsters

• 8 Replies

Ramid

• Newb
« on: <07-19-19/0419:34> »
Im working on a Run which will take the team into a mutant filled laboratory cannot for the life of me remember but are there any

Mimic Like monsters in shadowrun or does anyone have suggestions for such a thing.

i have considered creatures with somekind of Illusion projection.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-19-19/0531:28> »
You could go with something like a Gremlin. Basically, they are possession-style spirits (like Shedim), but they only possess mechanical objects.

They possess a particular object, lure people in by making them believe the object is special and something that they really need to succeed. Then when the target is in urgent need they strike a bargain to drain the victim of Karma in exchange for extra help.

You can find statistics for them in the Aetherology book. Its an e-book that was released shortly after SR5 was released. It is one of the dual-stat books for SR5 and SR4a.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #2 on: <07-19-19/0619:42> »
Incubus is an octopus like creature living in urban areas with Desire Reflection and Phantasm. Sadly it isn’t statted in SR5 as far as I know
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Ramid

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <07-19-19/0657:03> »
thanks for the suggestions i did check out the gremlins but i did find something similar to what i am thinking of in howling shadows
something similar to the Bandersnatch or Jabberwock should work well with the kind of Horror themed underground laboratory crawl i have planned.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-19-19/0943:44> »
Incubus is an octopus like creature living in urban areas with Desire Reflection and Phantasm. Sadly it isn’t statted in SR5 as far as I know

Suggested stats for an incubus in 5E (my own, not from any published source):

INCUBUS
The Incubus is a nocturnal urban predator that resembles a large, land-dwelling octopus. Its soft body grows up to a meter long, and the span of its tentacles (from tip to tip, of its diameter) can exceed 3.2 meters. With the ability to read its prey’s mind, the incubus can cast an Innate Spell (Phantasm) that perfectly matches the prey’s innermost desires, mesmerizing the prey while it closes in for the kill.
B6 | A2 | R2 | S8 | W4 | L4 | I5 | C4 | Edge2 | Ess6 | Mag4. | Init7+1d6 | Limits: P8 M5 S6 | CM11
Skills: Con 3, Gymnastics 4 (Climbing +2), Perception 4, Sneaking 5, Tracking 3, Unarmed Combat 8
Powers: Adaptive Coloration (–8 dice to spot when still), Armor 3, Desire Reflection (Magic+Intuition vs. Willpower+Intuition), Enhanced Senses (Low-Light Vision), Innate Spell (Phantasm), Natural Weapon (Claw/Bite DV 11P, AP 0, reach +1), Wall Walking
Weakness: Allergy (Sunlight, Severe)
Notes: See SR4 Running Wild (p.155), SR3 Critters (p.33), SR2 Predator and Prey (p.81), SR1 Paranormal Animals of North America (p.90)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #5 on: <07-19-19/1230:22> »

Suggested stats for an incubus in 5E (my own, not from any published source):

INCUBUS
The Incubus is a nocturnal urban predator that resembles a large, land-dwelling octopus. Its soft body grows up to a meter long, and the span of its tentacles (from tip to tip, of its diameter) can exceed 3.2 meters. With the ability to read its prey’s mind, the incubus can cast an Innate Spell (Phantasm) that perfectly matches the prey’s innermost desires, mesmerizing the prey while it closes in for the kill.
B6 | A2 | R2 | S8 | W4 | L4 | I5 | C4 | Edge2 | Ess6 | Mag4. | Init7+1d6 | Limits: P8 M5 S6 | CM11
Skills: Con 3, Gymnastics 4 (Climbing +2), Perception 4, Sneaking 5, Tracking 3, Unarmed Combat 8
Powers: Adaptive Coloration (–8 dice to spot when still), Armor 3, Desire Reflection (Magic+Intuition vs. Willpower+Intuition), Enhanced Senses (Low-Light Vision), Innate Spell (Phantasm), Natural Weapon (Claw/Bite DV 11P, AP 0, reach +1), Wall Walking
Weakness: Allergy (Sunlight, Severe)
Notes: See SR4 Running Wild (p.155), SR3 Critters (p.33), SR2 Predator and Prey (p.81), SR1 Paranormal Animals of North America (p.90)

Yoink!

You, Sir, are a true gift to this community.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Ramid

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <07-20-19/0642:40> »
Thats awesome thank you!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #7 on: <08-14-19/0721:55> »
Free spirit with Realistic Form, and the ability to take the shape of objects. Name it Boxxy T. Morningwood.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-30-19/0139:23> »
Free spirit with Realistic Form, and the ability to take the shape of objects. Name it Boxxy T. Morningwood.
Yes! I'm a fan.  ;D