NEWS

Beyond the Pale

• 5 Replies

Reshy

• Newb
« on: <11-28-16/0916:16> »
Alright, well I was reading the last book in the series and I had a few questions about it.  First thing is of course, is the Dragonheart Triology, and specifically Beyond the Pale considered Canon?  If so was any of the plot lines in it ever followed up?  Last part of the book introduces Lethe as an incarnation of the late Dunkelzhan, but is he ever mentioned in any outside sources or listed doing anything beyond this one book?  Second, is Ryan present in any other novels or shown doing anything recently in the shadowrun universe?  I don't recall a peep about him in any of the 5s shadowrun books.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #1 on: <11-29-16/0949:07> »
Second, is Ryan present in any other novels or shown doing anything recently in the shadowrun universe?  I don't recall a peep about him in any of the 5s shadowrun books.

I don't think he's done much in SR5 so far, but he was in the Clutch of Dragons and 10 Mercs for SR4 (the latter described his new team, "New Assets".) I believe he was also mentioned in Street Legends in the chapter dedicated to Nadja Daviar (whom he still supports even if they're no longer together).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <11-29-16/2217:27> »
Yeah, he's not shown up yet in 5th edition, but he was definitely active in 4th, mostly trying to get as many drakes as possible out from under the claws of the dragons during the Dragon Civil War. New Assets does some work for Daviar, and the Draco Foundation, I believe, so they may have showed up during the Artifacts plot, as well.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-30-16/0757:26> »
Yeah, he's not shown up yet in 5th edition,

Because neither have I. ;)

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #4 on: <12-01-16/1401:42> »
Last part of the book introduces Lethe as an incarnation of the late Dunkelzhan, but is he ever mentioned in any outside sources or listed doing anything beyond this one book?

He's not been mentioned again that I've seen. To be honest, I doubt any more then a hand-count of people in the world even know that he exists, and probably only a few of them know what he truly is.

Second, is Ryan present in any other novels or shown doing anything recently in the shadowrun universe?  I don't recall a peep about him in any of the 5s shadowrun books.

He seems to be focused on the Draco Foundation and helping drakes be their own being, rather then owned pawns of the great dragons.

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <12-05-16/0932:32> »
Yeah, he's not shown up yet in 5th edition,

Since Storm Front was marketed as a Fourth and Fifth Edition transition book. I guess you could say Ryan Mercury was technically mentioned in Fifth Edition. ;)