NEWS

[SR5]Tomatoes (Gnome with MMG, GenCon Edition)

• 21 Replies

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <07-20-15/1657:08> »
I'm guessing the speed gnome shenanigans involves the running skills, and adept powers that increase speed?

For the cons questions, I believe it should be ok.  It uses the Shadowrun Missions rules, which can be found by Googling "shadowrun missions faq 1.3"  it's the first result (a dropbox).  The fact that it's forbidden is the reason I got the jackrabbit.

Also, why would cyber (though with exceptional attribute, I think I could get 8 strength cyberarms right?) be more believable then adept?  I actually HAVE a strength of 8 with the powers, so I'd be a little guy as strong as most trolls.

All 'ware... good point, I forgot about Exceptional Attribute... so many better Qualities that I never take it. Yeah that could get you to Str 8, my question is if it's a make or break point for you. LMG is almost as good with all the same FA fun or Assault Cannon which are pure lethality.

odd

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <07-20-15/1659:21> »
Yeah, this guy isn't meant to be the most optimal, just most optimal with what he's got ;)

As long as light machine guns use heavy weapons (I don't have my book) so I can use the same skill for my grenade launcher it would be ok.  I was just thinking of folks saying things like "can't only trolls use those?"

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #17 on: <07-20-15/1722:39> »
Well, you have to admit, visually a 10 foot troll using a 5 foot gun makes more visual sense then a 4 foot gnome using a 5 foot gun :p
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

odd

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <07-20-15/2238:58> »
Well, you have to admit, visually a 10 foot troll using a 5 foot gun makes more visual sense then a 4 foot gnome using a 5 foot gun :p

Oh definately, but that was half the fun ;)

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #19 on: <07-20-15/2304:44> »
And, like I said: by the rules, there is nothing stopping you. You ARE making a legal character.

It's just visually jarring and for some people an "eye roll".

And for others (like you) a cool visual.

This is one of the things that makes PnP games so much better over computer.... being able to get together with like minded friends and have a great time with whatever antics you and your friends enjoy! (Be that neon pink mohawk or midnight black tenchcoat)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <08-12-15/0000:48> »
How did he play out at Gencon ?
Mess with the best.  Die like the rest !

odd

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <08-12-15/0750:29> »
It was a lot of fun.  I think I shot off 4 rounds of SA burst to empty my clip.  I got really lucky with scatter, I think the most the GM rolled on the 3d6 was 6, so he roasted everything he shot at.

He got nominated for MVP, along with another guy.  We roshamboed for it and he won.  It was a lot of fun.