NEWS

[SR5] Rules Clarifications and FAQ

• 1699 Replies

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #360 on: <08-16-13/1031:54> »
The same character with a 1 Strength Body and Agi gets blown up and has to undergo full body conversion aquiring two cybearms, two legs and a torso. The stats for each limb are Strength 9, Agi 9. Would his limits change then?
Since page 455 says cyberskulls and cybertorsos are shells rather than full replacements, that seems unlikely.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #361 on: <08-16-13/1039:55> »
The same character with a 1 Strength Body and Agi gets blown up and has to undergo full body conversion aquiring two cybearms, two legs and a torso. The stats for each limb are Strength 9, Agi 9. Would his limits change then?
Since page 455 says cyberskulls and cybertorsos are shells rather than full replacements, that seems unlikely.

They're expressly considered cyberlimbs though, and as the very next paragraph is "Cyberlimbs have their own Strength and Agility ratings."

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #362 on: <08-16-13/1044:56> »
They're expressly considered cyberlimbs though, and as the very next paragraph is "Cyberlimbs have their own Strength and Agility ratings."
But if having a single cyberlimb won't change your limits, and said 'full body conversion' doesn't actually replace your entire body, why would it change your limits?

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #363 on: <08-16-13/1052:41> »
But if having a single cyberlimb won't change your limits, and said 'full body conversion' doesn't actually replace your entire body, why would it change your limits?

This would replace all of the locations used for cyberlimb averaging, and I was wondering if the effect would be different.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #364 on: <08-16-13/1232:09> »
Let me ask a follow up.

Personally, I'd say they would have the attributes to use (since all limbs are equal), but since they dumped all three natural attributes like that, they have to keep the low limit--that's what ya get for dumping three attributes to 1.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #365 on: <08-16-13/1532:20> »
I know the bonus from Bone Density Augmentation and Bone Lacing won't apply to getting a condition box, but will their bonus to Body apply for the purposes of calculating Physical Limit?

Example:
Body 3 + Bone Density Augmentation 3

Would Body count as 3 or 6 for Physical Limit? (I know it counts as 3 for the Condition Monitor)

Aaron

« Reply #366 on: <08-16-13/1836:37> »
I know the bonus from Bone Density Augmentation and Bone Lacing won't apply to getting a condition box, but will their bonus to Body apply for the purposes of calculating Physical Limit?

As written, no.

Example:

Would Body count as 3 or 6 for Physical Limit? (I know it counts as 3 for the Condition Monitor)

It would be 3 (barring other potential boosts not given in the example).

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #367 on: <08-16-13/1911:40> »

Example:

Bone density or bone lacing is not equivalent to "Body X (X + Y)" (where Y is the rating of the 'ware).  "...gives you extra Body for resisting physical damage, a little Armor (cumulative with other Armor, without adding to Encumbrance), and changes your unarmed combat damage..." (SR5 454), which is not the same as increasing your Body attribute (which would raise Limits, Condition Monitor, Overflow, etc.). If you want a strict reading, it does not help against stun damage either (bone density reads a bit differently), but that is probably for errata...
P A L L A D I O N

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #368 on: <08-16-13/2012:55> »

As written, no.

Example:

It would be 3 (barring other potential boosts not given in the example).

This is what I was thinking, but I was just making sure. Though, that makes it all the more imperative that the Suprathyroid get a price and availability reduction, as it is the ONLY thing that mundanes have access to that can increase Body in 100% of circumstances.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #369 on: <08-16-13/2019:32> »
If it actually stacked with Synaptic Boosters, I wouldn't mind its cost (77k + 0.3 ess and some lifestyle for +1 Rea and +1 Bod), but right now it doesn't. That's more something for the errata topic though, and prices as a whole more something we already got topics on.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #370 on: <08-16-13/2028:18> »
If it actually stacked with Synaptic Boosters, I wouldn't mind its cost (77k + 0.3 ess and some lifestyle for +1 Rea and +1 Bod), but right now it doesn't. That's more something for the errata topic though, and prices as a whole more something we already got topics on.

Honestly, it should stack with everything and still have price and availability reduced (Essence cost is fine if reducing availability and price), simply because it is the only implant that directly increases Body.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #371 on: <08-16-13/2038:01> »
That's a matter of opinion. If it stacks with Synaptic Boosters, which it currently doesn't due to Synaptic Boosters being a copy of Wired Reflexes in stacking restrictions, you're basically paying 32k for the Reaction and 45k for the Body, and lifestyle costs for the benefits of all-in-one-boosting on top of what one already has. If we ignore your stance on how many ware prices should be slashed for a bit, it's rather competitive in price compared to the MA/MT vs RE&MR. But once again, we shouldn't pollute this topic, and you already have your topic for debate on the prices.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #372 on: <08-16-13/2111:11> »
That's a matter of opinion. If it stacks with Synaptic Boosters, which it currently doesn't due to Synaptic Boosters being a copy of Wired Reflexes in stacking restrictions, you're basically paying 32k for the Reaction and 45k for the Body, and lifestyle costs for the benefits of all-in-one-boosting on top of what one already has. If we ignore your stance on how many ware prices should be slashed for a bit, it's rather competitive in price compared to the MA/MT vs RE&MR. But once again, we shouldn't pollute this topic, and you already have your topic for debate on the prices.

Even giving +1 to all four physicals as it does, 20 availability and 140,000 is ridiculous for the Suprathyroid.

SoulGambit

• Omae
« Reply #373 on: <08-16-13/2347:34> »
Will spirits spend Edge to resist being summoned or bound?

Ramid

• Newb
« Reply #374 on: <08-18-13/0606:13> »
Patrol IC. P248

Patrol IC acts more like an agent than other intrusion  countermeasures. Its job is to patrol a host, scanning people’s marks and looking for illegal activity using the Matrix Perception action on all targets in the host. While the act of placing a mark is an illegal activity, the act of simply having a mark is not. Once you have the mark, you are considered a legitimate user.

They way i have been treating this is that the patrol IC gets a perception test when a hacker attempts a Sleaze or attack action to place the mark but not once the mark is there.

Is that the correct usage ?

Also if so what should it be testing against. I have been using 1 success on perception if the decker is not running silent. And if the patrol IC has already noticed that there is an icon running silent in the system a opposed Computer + Intuition [Data Processing] v. Logic + Sleaze Test.