NEWS

IC [Prelude] Angels

• 85 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <02-01-17/0048:14> »
@Elena  As you take your seat you take in the interior of the place.  There are doors at opposite ends of the bar.  The main floor is separated by a partition and two large openings on either side of a massive grandfather clock.  The walls are adorned with pictures of seafarers from the 1600-1800s and the ceilings are painted with the constellation you would normally see outside if it weren't perpetually smoggy and raining.

The bartender approaches you and says What'll you have?

@Sam  You assense the spirit and get a headache from its brightness when you try again it's better but you still can't tell much about it other than it's powerful.  [spoiler]OOC: you can tell it's Force is at least twice your magic rating.[/spoiler]  As you poke around the place you detect no other traces of magic or even awakened until you reach a door in the back.  You try to pass through it but cannot.  As you begin investigating it you notice the spirit is watching you.  You can't tell if it is hostility or curiosity, but regardless it isn't moving.

@Killdare  After your third pass you finally notice that while the building and its immediate neighbors appear the same the store fronts and apartments across the street appear differently.  Both sides of the bar mirror each other almost perfectly.  You also finally notice that all the windows are barred with cast iron gratings and the only physical security you can see are a couple of cameras at the entrances.  [spoiler]OOC: I rerolled your perception after you started looking again.[/spoiler]
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <02-01-17/0102:19> »
Elena looks around the bar, counting heads as she waits for the bartender to get to her.  "Thank you.  Do you have a fruit-ade by any chance?  Not been in here before.  Is busier later?"  She pulls out her pack of cigars.  "Is alright to smoke?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <02-01-17/0144:31> »
Sam.. forget that last message.  This place has two front doors?  Who does that?
Not much else going on here.

Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <02-01-17/1209:59> »
I try to get an idea of how big the ward is.  Afterwards I approach the spirit.  Pardon me.  Are you a guardian here?  Are you bound to this place?
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <02-05-17/2140:04> »
@Elena Fruit-ade?   Never heard of it.  We have flavored mixes and alcohol, but if you want actual fruit juice you are in the wrong part of town for that.  It's pretty busy now, you may not notice but the main room is almost full.  People don't usually sit at the bar, the regulars don't anyway.  Smoking is fine.

You do see that the main room has a number of people in it none of them are paying you much attention anymore though.

@Sam  This place is special to me but I am not a guard no, though if you try to hurt this place I will stop you.  Are you looking for something or someone?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <02-06-17/0107:48> »
Elena laughs. "I am new to area and did not know.  Vodka, please and I will go sit at that table before all the places to sit are gone.  Thank you very much."

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <02-14-17/2137:35> »
Sort of.  We'll try not to cause any trouble.

I return to my body and report before I hit the matrix.  There is a crazy powerful spirit in there, doesn't appear to be bound but he says not to fuck with his place.  I'd listen to him.

I pull up my deck and make sure my agents are online to help with matrix searches, marks and what not.  Let's see what we have here.

Quick Logic buff:  Increase Logic force 5 drain: 9d6t5 3 10d6t5 1

Wow the agents are on the ball:matrix perception  teamwork: 6d6t5 2 6d6t5 3 6d6t5 4

MP: matrix Perception base 7 +2vr +2 spider +2 teamwork: 13d6t5 5 it's actually only 4 successes I forgot to calc the -2 from the sustained spell.

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <02-18-17/1614:51> »
>>Team [Elena]:  Crazy powerful spirits are a bit out of my league.  I will try to be careful inside.  What should I not do?<<

Elena sips at her drink and looks about the room, trying to get the feel of the place.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <02-18-17/1825:24> »
Killdare wanders the street on one side.. then decides if people think he's homeless he might as well make use of that.
He finds an alcove across the street where he has a good view of the door and slumps down to watch for anything out of the ordinary or any sign of the Blood Brothers crew coming or going.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <02-19-17/1641:33> »
@Killdare and Elena: everything else about the bar other than its obvious eccentricities seems fairly normal and unassuming.

@Sam:  In VR this place is a host which seems unusual for a bar, at least in your experience.  It is a business though and it offers you a mark to come inside.  On the inside the motif is all astronomical charts and navigation references.  With your matrix perception you can see that most of the patrons all have normal operating comlinks though there are three that are hidden, (one of which is Elena's (I'm assuming she is running silent if not there's only two) but there is a secondary portion of the host that is not public.  It is represented by a set of double doors nearly identical with one rood reading 'EMPLOYEES ONLY' and the other reading 'YLNO SEEYOLPME'.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <02-19-17/1759:00> »
>>Team [Elena]:  The other guys ARE supposed to use this place, right?  Nothing out of the ordinary so fa that I can see.<<

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <02-26-17/2238:52> »
[spoiler]Stuttr's dad is in the hospital and he can't seem to get on this site with his phone, so we just  did the matrix stuff and he's having me post the run down.[/spoiler]

I entered the host and checked out the Pans running silent, one was Elena's the other two were some schmuck name Flicker (I think this guy was mentioned in the game somewhere but it wasn't in my backstory).  There was a file on his comlink that Gunderson might be interested in.  It's a list of drug deliveries in our area, so I snatched that.  The second was the bartender Dusty.  He is the contact for the gang  He has a picture of the guy and a code phrase.  They are set up to meet at midnight and the code is the guy is to come in and ask if they allow dogs and he will respond with only if they are fix and consequent and then the guy introduces himself as Desdenova and they hand over the drugs.  So basically if we snatch this guy before  he shows up we can have Elena take his place.  I have the picture. and I send it to everyone.

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <02-28-17/0056:20> »
>>Team [Elena]:  Sounds good to me.  Do we let Killdare do that or should I leave and help?<<

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <02-28-17/0138:57> »
>>Team [Killdare]
Well.. as much as the idea sounds good. I got some concerns.
I mean we can snatch up this drekhead no problemo and Elena can probably pretend to be him,
but I don't like the idea of sending her into the lion's den without back up.
If Elena gets made she's going to be in big trouble by herself in there.
Maybe it's better to take him after the exchange? Outside where we can control the terrain.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <03-01-17/0023:40> »
It doesn't seem all that much of a Lions Den, only two people are running silent in there,  I would expect a lot more if this was a normal gang hideout.  What do you think Elena is security a problem?

― Lewis Carroll