Shadowrun General > Gear

Trolls and Goggles.

(1/6) > >>

dragonslayerclan:
So here is what I am trying to fig out. I am playing Troll Adept (no bio or cyber ware).
He has natural Thermographic vision, Flare Comp (Adept power) and Vision Magnification (Adept power).
He is using Goggles with Smart Link, Image Link, Vision Enhancement 3.
1. Do I have to take off the goggle to use the Thermo Vision?
From what I understand image link and Smart link are just an overlays that the rest of my Vision stuff can work. So I think the only problem would come in to
play is the Vision Enhancement 3, I am thinking it is using some type of camera.
2. IF I was to get just Smart link without the cyber eyes and my be image link as well(why not I am losing some essence going to pick up some cyber or bio ware)
Would the rest of my adept powers vision still work just fine?
Please if you can give me books and page #'s to help me back this up some. But I think I am in my Game Master hands as for rules but I am not totally sure.

Overbyte:
Some great questions.. and I've been thinking about the same thing recently.
Here are some thoughts and answers.

>>1. Do I have to take off the goggle to use the Thermo Vision?

Probably yes. Unless you are using optical binoculars basically all the vision devices are digital, which means you are looking at a reproduction
of the image on a screen so you would NOT be able to use your own vision enhancements unless you took off the goggles.

>>2. IF I was to get just Smart link without the cyber eyes and my be image link as well(why not I am losing some essence going to pick up some cyber or bio ware)
Would the rest of my adept powers vision still work just fine?

The answer is yes. In fact even if you were to completely replace your eyes you could still use all your powers because you paid for the cybereyes with essence.

>>From what I understand image link and Smart link are just an overlays that the rest of my Vision stuff can work. So I think the only problem would come in to
play is the Vision Enhancement 3, I am thinking it is using some type of camera.

In a word. Yes. You are right in your thinking.

firebug:
1)  Unless you cannot physically see through the goggles when they're off, you don't have to take them off.  Thermovision is not a "mode" for trolls, it's something they see at the same time as normal light (yes, that's difficult to comprehend or imagine).  There's no reason to assume you, by default, cannot see through vision devices like glasses, goggles, and contacts.  Most of the information you see is overlaid your normal vision (like how Google Glasses work today).  Maybe if you were using Vision Magnification it'd argued, but normal non-camera optical devices can not record footage, and so you're not seeing things played back to you in real time or anything like that.

2) Yes, as Overbyte says, your adept powers would be unaffected (aside from your loss of MAG and those effects of course).

Reaver:
Just a note:

IF you replace your eyes, you lose the natural Thermographic that all Trolls have. (after all, you have just scooped out your natural eyeballs and replaced them with plastic ones!)

However, your adept powers would function as normal.

Overbyte:
Definitely seems like two ways of looking at the googles case.
1) Goggles are a screen that can't be seen through when they are off (like a TV now).
2) Goggles are a transparent screen that can be seen through when off.

It's not really clear which it should be. A transparent screen is certainly not far fetched.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version