NEWS

Cyber ware or bio ware

• 21 Replies

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <10-07-15/1843:22> »
Yea I'm going bio for the fact that I don't need to ever worry about being hacked lol, in our last campaign one of the only things I remember is a street sam being beat to death by his own arm..... I refuse to let the GM do it to me lol
Like...practically speaking, I can't see how this would really happen. Something goes weird, DNI triggers wireless off, done.

Bioware is a pretty good choice for an augmented character that wants to double as a face
Ware minimally affects this. It's easy to offset even the maximum Social Limit loss.
« Last Edit: <10-07-15/1845:08> by Whiskeyjack »
Playability > verisimilitude.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <10-07-15/1909:56> »
Bioware is a pretty good choice for an augmented character that wants to double as a face
Ware minimally affects this. It's easy to offset even the maximum Social Limit loss.

True, but it's more being augmented without looking like you're augmented. Doesn't matter how sharp the suit is, someone walks up with obvious cybereyes and chromed limbs, people are going to get really sus.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <10-07-15/1947:32> »
I feel like chrome is supposed to be pretty common in the Sixth World.
Playability > verisimilitude.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <10-07-15/2041:57> »
I feel like chrome is supposed to be pretty common in the Sixth World.

It is, but for anyone looking for someone combat ready obvious chrome is something of a warning sign. Sure, 95% of the time that guy with a chrome arm is just some poor sap who lost is harm and couldn't afford a chrome replacement... that other 5% of the time it's a Shadowrunner with a fragging shotgun full of APDS shells built into his arm. Sure it's not much of a risk, but for people who's job it is to assess threats, it's an elevated threat risk.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Gonad808

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <10-07-15/2052:22> »
Yea I'm not to up to date on the sixth world so I went bioware just for my own imagination, when I think cyber ware I think cyborg from justice league. When I imagine bio I think of a regular person. So to me, if cràp hits the fan I would expect more people to shoot at the cyber guy rather then the regular looking joe. For this run anyway that's more fitting of my characters background anyway

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #20 on: <10-08-15/1108:57> »
Remember that not all cyberlimbs are obvious and lit with leds. There are the synth-skin natural looking ones which trade subtlety for capacity. If you go alphanumeric it'd be even harder to tell it's not a real arm yet you can still eject a pistol from a cyberholster from a really tuned up instrument of death :-)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Gonad808

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <10-08-15/1919:39> »
I hadn't ever thought of that, all well lol next time I'll know, did one run so far with the character and it's just as I expected everyone else looks like a threat, mine is just a good looking elf chick lol. Ofc I got the first kill when the orc turned to face our meat shield and took a mono whip from my fingertip compartment to the back.... 5/6 edge # pushing the limit...