NEWS

I finally made my technomancer! I'm overwhelmed by the options in unwired! Help?

• 3 Replies

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« on: <11-07-10/0103:09> »
I also don't get exactilly how they access the matrix.
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <11-07-10/0115:46> »
They access the matrix the same way a magician access the Astral. In other words, don't think overmuch about it. ;)

Regarding Unwired, remember that it's considered an Advanced book for the Matrix/Hacking rules of Shadowrun. Since you're just starting out, stick with the core rulebook for now until you get more comfortable with the system and how things work. As you get more comfortable, then you can sit down with your GM and figure out some of the stuff you're interested in Unwired. If it's stuff that you would have picked up at character creation, work with the GM to see if you can "ret-con" it in or pick it up with Karma.

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #2 on: <11-07-10/1351:07> »
I only did some of the qualities and a paragon. I just meant like all this crazyness about how they work. Hackers turn on their commlink and use AR or VR but in VR they are passed out. Do technos always stay in VR? Do they pass out when they are in VR? Do they need anything to get into AR?
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <11-07-10/1422:31> »
They slip into VR the same way a Magician slips into Astral Projection. They don't need anything to see/interact with AR, not even glasses/contacts with image link software. They just see it.

On a side note, there has been talk that if Technomancers go into areas with no wireless access, they get all twitchy. Nothing rules-wise, they just like "hearing" the background noise of the Matrix at all times.