NEWS

Useful Agents/Programs for Security Intrusion

• 12 Replies

Caradoc

• Chummer
« on: <12-14-12/0503:09> »
I have an Intrusion Adept with a nice commlink and want to check what programs I can run on it to help with Intrusion/Infiltration on runs.

The commlink presently has a Response 5, System 6 and I have just got an Agent 6 running Stealth 6, Spoof 6 and Adaptability 3. I intend to use this set-up to help bypass individual security points in case my Hardware/Lockpick skills aren't up to scratch or there is no Technomancer/Hacker support.

Are there any other programs or Agent combinations worth looking at that are worth the trouble of getting. I'll probably be looking at these programs as a last-ditch attempt to get through the security if there is no other means of getting in.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-14-12/0520:09> »
Are your programs running optimisation options? Response limits your system.

There's also the difference between Agents, Mooks, & IC. Agents aren't able to use skills from the Cracking group. Mooks are unlocked Agents, While (black) IC does that thing where they jam the connection open after attacking.

Caradoc

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <12-14-12/0554:21> »
My Agent is now running Optimization!

I'm not looking to hack systems with the Agent, but to Spoof peripheral nodes such as doors and individual security devices like cameras or sensors. In otherwords I want to be able to get security doors to believe they have received an authorized code to open. With sensors, I hope to have them momentarily 'glitch' or otherwise take the peripheral off-line. I don't know if doing this would create an alert or whether systems sometimes have to reboot themselves for various reasons.

Would I need something like Scan or Analyze with the Agent so it can search for alert signals? Is intercepting those signals a hacker's task and beyond the scope of what Agents can do? These are the sort of questions I'd like to get feedback on.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-14-12/0609:12> »
I'm not looking to hack systems with the Agent, but to Spoof
Eh ... if it's something you would do with the Hacking, Cybercombat or Electronic Warfare skill, you need a Mook or IC.

You'll want Analyse, Scan, Sniffer, Spoof, Stealth,  & possibly Track.

Note that even this list uses Hacking & E Warfare.

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #4 on: <12-14-12/0621:21> »
There's a premade 'pocket hacker' somewhere in unwired. it's not very powerful but it's cheap (a shade under 5 grand) and runs on most half-decent commlinks. worth picking up for most non-matrix characters in case they ever need to open a door or something and the hacker's too busy looking at p0rn to help them.
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

Ener

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <12-14-12/0646:35> »
There's a premade 'pocket hacker' somewhere in unwired. it's not very powerful but it's cheap (a shade under 5 grand) and runs on most half-decent commlinks. worth picking up for most non-matrix characters in case they ever need to open a door or something and the hacker's too busy looking at p0rn to help them.

Now now, with a "hot"sim module I wouldn't really call it looking at p0rn

Caradoc

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <12-14-12/0652:36> »
Thanks FuelDrop - found it on Page 127

Pocket Hacker
Programs: Agent (Pilot 3, Browse 3, Exploit 3, Stealth 3)
Released by the notorious Hacker House, this illegal program
package is intended for someone who needs a hacker, but doesn’t
know how to hire one or doesn’t want to use a real person.
Availability 10F, Cost 4,920 nuyen

Looks like a basic hacking agent to infiltrate a node and exploit any weaknesses in the security program.

Kat9

« Reply #7 on: <12-14-12/0929:33> »
+1 for Pocket hacker. Our Wednesday game doesn't have a hacker, so I picked one up for my sprawl ganger.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <12-14-12/1247:34> »
+1 for Pocket hacker. Our Wednesday game doesn't have a hacker, so I picked one up for my sprawl ganger.
"I am da leetz haxxorz.  I pushes da hax buttun an' da compies iz all minez!"  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Unahim

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <12-14-12/1310:08> »
"I am da leetz haxxorz.  I pushes da hax buttun an' da compies iz all minez!"  ;D

That's what all hackers do, no? :p

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #10 on: <12-14-12/1338:00> »
That's what all hackers do, no? :p
Hackers, yes.  I miss Deckers.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Unahim

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <12-14-12/1358:15> »
They're before my time I'm afraid, but they do look cool.

Caradoc

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <12-14-12/1859:48> »
OK, so if I want to have a useful Agent to help with Intrusion is having the following programs is a must? Pilot, Spoof, Stealth, Exploit, Sniffer

I plan on having another Agent available doing data searches which will run Analyze, Browse, Scan and any other useful data-gathering tools.

Is Adaptability worth getting for an Intrusion Agent? I plan to use this agent on single/periferal nodes and it will automatically shutdown if it triggers an alarm or gets attacked by IC since it won't have any defences.