NEWS

6E Mike Tyson

• 4 Replies

dmetzkayak

• Newb
« on: <01-09-20/1907:40> »
This characters has been a lot of fun to play. He is a little one sided, tank/samruria themed. His unarmed damage is DV 10 plus net successes, so he was quickly nicknamed Mike Tyson after the first encounter.

Quick question regarding bows with injection arrows. On a successfull hit does the arrow do 7 DV (for this character) plus net successes on top of the narcojet doing 14 DV?
Something seems off with the high damage values. With a single attack the bow can do 21 damage plus net successes.
Even though the target recieves two separate resistance tests, it does not seem balanced for a beginning runner.

Please share any other crituques or recommendations as well. Currently the character has 4 karma left to spend. 

Mike Tyson / One Punch Man
METATYPE: TROLL
 8,  4 (8),  3 (6),  10 (14),  3,  2,  4,  2, EDG 1, ESS 0.26
Initiative/Actions: 7 (10)+4D6/1 Major, 5 Minor
Condition Monitor (P/S): 14/10
Defense Rating: 16

Active Skills: Athletics 5, Close Combat 6 (7), Perception 2, Stealth 4
Knowledge Skills: Law Enforcement Corps, Urban Brawl
Languages: English (Native)
Qualities: Built Tough (2), Dermal Deposits, Exceptional (Strength), Honorbound (Bushido), Impaired (2) (Charisma), Quick Healer, Thermographic Vision
Contacts: Fixer (C2/L2), Mechanic (C2/L2), Street Doc (C2/L2)
Augmentations:
   Bone Lacing (Titanium)
   Internal Air Tank (4)
   Muscle Augmentation (Used) (4)
   Muscle Toner (Used) (4)
   Platelet Factories
   Reflex Recorder (Close Combat)
   Sleep Regulator
   Synaptic Booster (3)
   Synthacardium (Used) (3)
Gear:
   Armor Jacket
      Chemical Protection (2)
      Cold Resistance (2)
      Electricity Resistance (2)
      Fire Resistance (2)
   Chemical Protection (2)
   Cold Resistance (2)
   Contacts (3) w/ Image Link, Vision Enhancement
   Electricity Resistance (2)
   Fire Resistance (2)
   Gas Mask
   Helmet w/ Flare Compensation, Low-Light Vision, Smartlink
   Hulk w/ Fake License (6), Fake License (6), Fake License (6), Fake License (6), Fake SIN (6), (1 month) Low Lifestyle
   Transys Avalon
Starting Nuyen: 1,743.5¥
Weapons:
   Bow (14) [Bow, DV 7P, 9/16/6/–/–] w/ Smartgun System, Internal, 25 rounds Arrow, Str Min 14 or 5 rounds Injection Arrow, Str Min 14, Narcoject (14)
   Fragmentation Grenade x5 [Grenade, DV 16P/12P/8P, 20m R, 20/19/14/–/–]
   Gas Grenade, Neuro-Stun X x5 [Grenade, DV By Chem., 20/19/14/–/–] w/ (20x) Neuro-Stun X
   Thermal Smoke Grenade x5 [Grenade, DV Th. Smoke, 20/19/14/–/–]

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Shadowrun © 2005-2019 The Topps Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Shadowrun is a registered trademark of The Topps Company, Inc.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-09-20/1948:40> »
p. 250 "The injection arrow or bolt causes its base damage while also delivering a payload of one dose of
a drug or toxin." 

So, yes.  Whatever the base damage of the Bow is, plus the Toxin at the end of the round.  Pretty reliable one shot.  However, I'd suggest a Crossbow for Injection Arrows because of the Action Economy.  Crossbows can hold 4 bolts so can take two shots per round.  Bows you'd need more minor actions to ready Arrows and fire the bow.  If you're saving minor actions for ducking, less of a big deal, but most of the time you'll probably want the 2 shots per round vs. 1. 

Personally I wouldn't go with the Exceptional Str.  I'd max out Agility and drop the PQ.  Str 8(12) is plenty IMO.  And Mo' Edge. 

Shadowrunners that can't lie are bad Shadowrunners.  I'd get a rank in each of the social skills, and if at all possible a specialization.  Walking while Trog is totally a crime in many neighborhoods.  Walking while Trog with a Bow made from a Steel I-Beam and a quiver full of Rebar Arrows is going to be a tough sell.  Also no vehicle or lifestyle.  If you're homeless at least be living in a car. 

dmetzkayak

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-09-20/2041:01> »
Thank you for your recommendation to drop strength and go with a crossbow. He will punch slightly softer DV 9, but will probably be using the crossbow, more than his fists anyway.

HeroLab online is a little funky when it prints out its characters, so it did not print the low lifestyle, rating 6 fake SIN and 4 rating 6 licenses fake licenses that were purchased. 

Dropping the exceptional strength brought the character to 18 karma, just enough for a single point in each in each social skill and a specialization.

Any idea when/if a quality will come out that will allow characters to use strength for intimidation checks? A troll can dream!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <01-10-20/0251:57> »
Eh, at the very least:
intimidation
EDGE TO TALKER
Talker is clearly more physically powerful than listener
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <01-10-20/0858:12> »
FYI: Our group as a similar build, Ex- Urban Brawl player busted for gambling. 

I second, you need as least one social skill.  Intimidation first, and then Influence. 

I know your thinking, Char of 2, why spend the point? However I can't tell you how many times in a game (not by GM design) the non-face has been forced to make a social skill check (such as, only one not seen before, only one not badly hurt and has get into X party, exc). 

Worse case after the first game or two, spend that 5 points to rank to 1, then 5 points to specialize. 

Good luck,
Sir Ludwig
Si vis pacem, para bellum