NEWS

[5e] Vampire Hunters Planning Thread

• 133 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #45 on: <12-16-14/0203:59> »
Betaware is a yay, as long as it stays within the Availability 15 threshold.

avail 15?
not 12?

Yes.  Availability has been upped to 15.

Quick question on Kamikaze and Autoinjectors. Since it's an inhalation drug, what about putting it into my ballistic mask? Would that work?

Sure.  As far as autoinjectors work, I would think that any inhalation vector toxin could work off of either an inhalation or injection dose in an autoinjector, so feel free to put it where you'd like.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #46 on: <12-16-14/1318:01> »
Contacts

Duncan Abbey: Fence: Connection: 6 (Team Contact)

A finely chiseled elf of African ancestry and British upbringing, Mr. Abbey is a dealer in art and fine antiques.  He keeps an office in Downtown Seattle, in what was once the Queen Anne District, in Manhattan, and another in Tokyo.  While he has a penchant for jewelry, Mr. Abbey has a way of keeping his understated and classical, favoring British styles, tie pins, and mechanical pocket watches.  Aside from his taste for the finer things in life, Mr. Abbey is a soft-spoken and shrewd businessman who is always thinking about the long game.  While he's not above using his status and education to softly bully new shadowrunners, when he sees potential for a fruitful business relationship he does his best to make sure that each party is satisfied, assuming that it won't cut too far into his bottom line, of course.

Rose Delayne (Raven): Fixer: Connection 3

A paranormal investigator turned Ghoul, Raven is a go-to source for information about the Infected, their habits, their weaknesses, and certain goings on in some of the more unsavory corners of Seattle.  She stands a meter-and-a-two-thirds tall, is lanky -- as ghouls tend to be -- and has a pair of obvious cyber eyes which help her do most of her work on the matrix.  She is a regular contributor to Grotto1, where she uses the handle "Nevermore."  For those who have never met Raven in the flesh, it is not common knowledge that she is a ghoul.  Raven is one of the self-loathing ghoul types, and she makes every effort to inform the non-infected and infected alike in her life that she only eats scraps that she buys from street docs.

Father Jim Mallory: Talismonger: Connection 3

A Benedictine Monk by education, Father Mallory is a talismonger by trade.  He is large, even by troll standards, of mostly Irish ethnicity, and a man who's quick to smile.  A Christian Theurgist, Father Mallory runs his shop out of Saint Monica's Church, a small congregation on the border between the Redmond Barrens and Bellevue.  He does his best to keep his finger on the pulse of his corner of Seattle, but given that everything he hears is filtered through his own worldview, sometimes some of the cold hard facts get lost in the translation.

Nori Koizumi: Blogger/Reporter: Connection 4

Information is the game.  The saying goes, "It's not what you know, it's who you know," and Ms. Koizumi would disagree vehemently.  "Without the 'who,' there is no 'what,' but it's the 'what' that pays the bills," she would say.  And pay the bills it does.  Ms. Koizumi writes for a number of scream sheets as well as a few of the more reputable sources, and she's got the list of clients to back those stories up.  She favors any stories with a hint of the macabre, and it was as long ago as early April when she first opined that something rotten was happening in the shadows of the Infected.  In her early 20s, Ms. Koizumi is plump, gracious, and only slightly over a meter-and-a-half tall, but when she gets a hold of a story, she is tenacious.  Ms. Koizumi is a human of Japanese ancestry.

Grotto1: Matrix Forum

Grotto1 is the go-to hub for vampire hunters across the UCAS.  Information and tips are bought and sold, with user feedback ratings keeping most of the drek out.  Grotto1 is a subscription-based private server, which allays some, but not all, security worries. 

Shadow Slang
(Add, or don't, the following to your Shadowrun speak as you feel appropriate.)

Chipper n. Weaponized sawdust, esp. in grenade or shotgun round.  Useful for bypassing Regeneration and for forcing a vampire to abandon its mist form.
Dust(ed) v. To kill an infected, esp. a vampire.
Lost boys n. Newly turned vampires who have not yet mastered their powers or limits.  Not as conniving a foe as an elder vampire, Lost boys are nevertheless fierce and feral combatants who will often feed much more often than is necessary to augment their strength, agility, or magic.  Lost Boys also have a tendency to wreak havoc on a specific locale until they are either dispatched or learn to hide themselves more adroitly.
Stake-N-Shake n. The murdering-the-infected version of a smash and grab, Stake-N-Shake operations occur when a vampire must be hit in a public or semi-public venue and the corpse extracted to cash in on the bounty.  These operations are dangerous because the vampire's thrall will almost always be present, along with the other dangers of collateral damage, etc. that are present with a firefight in a public spaces.  Stake-N-Shakes are often a last resort for powerful vampires trying to conceal their nature because they will often be ingesting food and so cannot take advantage of their mist form power.
Sterling Round also Sterlings n. Silver-plated ammunition often used for dusting Banshees and some vampires.  While sterling silver and plated silver are 2 different things in the jewelry world, this is an example of a misnomer that stuck.  The softness of the outer-coating gives these rounds increased devastation against soft targets, but are less useful against armored foes.  (Treat these mechanically as hollow-points for DV and AP characteristics)
Szechely n. Pronounced "Say-Kay," by most English speakers in the western hemisphere.  In Bram Stoker's Dracula, the title character descended from the Hungarian tribe Székelys.  In vampire hunting circles, it is common to refer to vampires by this name as an insult.
Whip n. The senior and ranking member of a vampire's thrall.  Often called a Whip for the nice, sporty cars they often drive, Whips usually straddle the line between head bodyguard, personal assistant, and food procurement service.  Often adepts or magically active, vampires refrain from draining the essence from their Whips, as doing so has a negative effect on their future job performance.
Zeke n. See Szechely. 

House Rules

RG2, with the following exceptions: no target size modifiers for targets that fall into the "Small" and "Bulky" category.

RG6

martinchaen's (RIP) Rigger revamp rules as outlined here: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17554.0
All preferred changes apply.

For Summoning, the limit is the spirit's force or the summoner's astral limit, whichever is higher (JackVII's house rule).

For Alchemy: Instead of Alchemy being opposed by Force of the preparation, it is opposed by Force - Alchemist's Skill. Therefore, an Alchemist with an Alchemy skill of 6 casting at Force 6 or lower would roll Magic + Alchemy [Force] unopposed, but if he were to overcast to Force 12, he would be opposed by 6 dice. This makes it easier to create preparations with decent Potency (Ryo's house rule).
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #47 on: <12-16-14/1330:01> »
Do we all get Duncan Abbey for free, or do we need to spend Karma?

Are the Sterlings Silver Coated Hollow Points? Are there Silver Coated APDS? I picked up some Silver Coated APDS, are we still using those?

Do we need to pay a monthly fee to Grotto1? Or is it assumed we have one already?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #48 on: <12-16-14/1338:16> »
Duncan Abbey is a freebie. 

If you use silver-coated APDS, they will act mechanically as APDS. Regular ammo would act as hollow points, and hollow point sterlings are just a bad idea: all the negs, with limited bennies.

Your subscription to Grotto1 is paid through the month.  You're looking at 150¥ per month after that.  You could also purchase a year in advance for 1,500¥ (That's 2 months free!!!)
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #49 on: <12-16-14/1340:33> »
I'd love to take Jim or rose, but with only 3 points left in contacts to take and all my karma used up, i dont have the points for it.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <12-16-14/1341:15> »
Also, it seems what with the extra karma and the increased availability that you're just kind of having us make prime runners.

Should we just make prime runners?
« Last Edit: <12-16-14/1348:12> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #51 on: <12-16-14/1344:34> »
Also, what with the extra karma and the increased availability that you're just kind of having us make prime runners.

I'm AFB. What changes would that make to the builds?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <12-16-14/1347:56> »
Also, what with the extra karma and the increased availability that you're just kind of having us make prime runners.

it gives extra karma, it ups the avail to 15, there's a bit more money, and there's more points for contacts.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #53 on: <12-16-14/1349:03> »

Availability 15; Charisma x 6 for Contacts; Modified Resources for Priorities (E: 100,000; D: 150,000; C: 210,000; B: 325,000; A: 500,000), 35 Karma to Start (Maximum 35 Karma Positive Qualities; 35 Karma Negative Qualities); May Convert up to 25 Karma to nuyen (up to 50,000 nuyen); Device Ratings at 6 or less.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <12-16-14/1349:54> »

Availability 15; Charisma x 6 for Contacts; Modified Resources for Priorities (E: 100,000; D: 150,000; C: 210,000; B: 325,000; A: 500,000), 35 Karma to Start (Maximum 35 Karma Positive Qualities; 35 Karma Negative Qualities); May Convert up to 25 Karma to nuyen (up to 50,000 nuyen); Device Ratings at 6 or less.

I guess that's a Bit more than "a bit more money", huh?

but fuggit, we're old pros here, it sounds like...

I've never gotten to play a prime runner before, and ive always kind wanted to.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #55 on: <12-16-14/1351:57> »
It's actually interesting that the largest jump in money is at Priority D (+100,000).

Yeah, I would enjoy playing a Prime Runner, but I'm pretty satisfied with how my character sheet currently looks, so it's up to rednblack.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <12-16-14/1352:45> »
It's actually interesting that the largest jump in money is at Priority D (+100,000).

Yeah, I would enjoy playing a Prime Runner, but I'm pretty satisfied with how my character sheet currently looks, so it's up to rednblack.

oh yeah, im happy with Becca how she is now, but i think I could make her WAY cooler...
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #57 on: <12-16-14/1401:37> »

oh yeah, im happy with Becca how she is now, but i think I could make her WAY cooler...

But she's a street rat!!! Nah, let's just go prime runner. This is why I might fail as a GM: I like the cool toys too and want my PCs to have them ;)
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #58 on: <12-16-14/1410:38> »

But she's a street rat!!! Nah, let's just go prime runner. This is why I might fail as a GM: I like the cool toys too and want my PCs to have them ;)

Well, don't say you didn't know the consequences ... Might take me a few more days now that I have so many contact points.

I suppose I should ask; are all those other things (betaware allowed; 15 Extra Post-gen Karma) still present, or are we just switching to Prime Runner?

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <12-16-14/1907:05> »
Ok, here's prime runner version of Sister Rebecca.
Used most of the extra money on fake SINs and lifestyles, but also tricked out the nade launcher a bit more. Upped her stats a bit which let me spread her skills out a bit more without losing too much in the way of dicepools.

== Info ==
Street Name: Sister Rebecca
Name: Annabelle Shuster
Movement: 16/32
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Human Female Age 27
Height 5ft11 Weight 214lbs
Composure: 11
Judge Intentions: 7
Lift/Carry: 8 (60 kg/40 kg)
Memory: 9
Nuyen: 610

== Priorities ==
Metatype: D - Human or Elf
Attributes: A - 24 Attributes
Special: C - Adept, Magician, or Technomancer
Skills: B - 36 Skills/5 Skill Groups
Resources: E - 100,000¥

== Attributes ==
BOD: 4
AGI: 5 /8
REA: 4 (5)
STR: 4
CHA: 4
INT: 3
LOG: 2
WIL: 7
EDG: 2
MAG: 6

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   6
Initiative:                8 + 2d6
Rigger Initiative:         8 + 2d6
Astral Initiative:         6 + 2d6
Matrix AR Initiative:      8 + 2d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    3 + DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     3 + DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track:     10
Stun Damage Track:         12

== Limits ==
Physical:                  6
Mental:                    5
Social:                    7
Astral:                    7

== Active Skills ==
Assensing                  : 5                      Pool: 8
Astral Combat              : 1                      Pool: 8
Banishing                  : 2                      Pool: 8
Binding                    : 2                      Pool: 8
Blades                     : 4 [Swords]             Pool: 12 (14)
Counterspelling            : 6 [Combat]             Pool: 12 (14)
Disenchanting              : 2                      Pool: 8
Gymnastics                 : 2                      Pool: 10
Heavy Weapons              : 1 [Grenade Launchers] Pool: 9 (11)
Navigation                 : 3                      Pool: 6
Perception                 : 3 [Hearing]            Pool: 6 /8
Running                    : 2                      Pool: 6
Sneaking                   : 2                      Pool: 10
Spellcasting               : 2 [Health]             Pool: 8 (10)
Summoning                  : 2                      Pool: 8
Survival                   : 3                      Pool: 10
Swimming                   : 2                      Pool: 6
Tracking                   : 3                      Pool: 6

== Knowledge Skills ==
Latin                      : 1 [Read/Write]         Pool: 4 (6)
Magical Threats            : 1                      Pool: 3
Religion                   : 1 [Christianity]       Pool: 3 (5)
Small Unit Tactics         : 3                      Pool: 6

== Contacts ==
Marcus (5, 1)
Nori Koizumi (4, 3)
Raven (3, 2)
Saahir (4, 2)

== Qualities ==
Astral Beacon
Code of Honor (Fundamentalist Christian)
Exceptional Attribute (WIL)
Mystic Adept
Prejudiced (Common, Biased) (Non-Christian)

== Spells ==
(Tradition: Christian Theurgy, Resist Drain with WIL + CHA (11))
Armor                      DV: F-2
Heal                       DV: F-4
Mana Barrier               DV: F-2
Physical Barrier           DV: F-1
Stabilize                  DV: F-4

== Powers ==
Astral Perception
Empathic Healing
Improved Physical Attribute (AGI) Rating: 3
Improved Reflexes 1

== Lifestyles ==
Abandoned church in the CAS  4 months
Burned out gas station in the PCC  3 months
Crappy apartment near the lake in the UCAS  2 months

== Armor ==
Armor Jacket                        12
   +Chemical Protection 6
   +Fire Resistance 6
   +Nonconductivity 4
   +Radiation Shielding 2
   +YNT Softweave Armor
Forearm Guards                      1
   +Biomonitor
   +Flashlight, Infrared
   +Miniwelder
Helmet                              2
   +Respirator Rating 6
   +Smartlink
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 3

== Weapons ==
ArmTech MGL-12
   +Extreme Environment Modification, Level 1
   +Gas-Vent 3 System
   +Gecko Grip
   +Shock Pad
   +Smartgun System, Internal
   +Spare Clip
   +Weapon Personality
   Pool: 9 (11)   Accuracy: 6   DV: Grenade   AP: -   RC: 6
Minigrenade: High Explosive
   Pool: 9   Accuracy: 0   DV: 16P (-2/m)   AP: -2   RC: 2
Sword ("Blade of Gabriel")
   Pool: 12 (14)   Accuracy: 6   DV: 7P   AP: -2   RC: 2

== Commlink ==
Fairlight Caliban (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 7, FWL: 7)
   +Datasoft (Daily Bible Verse)
   +Datasoft (Parafauna Update)
   +Sim Module
   +Micro-Transceiver
   +Bug Scanner Rating 6
   +Tag Eraser

== Gear ==
Contacts Rating 3
   +Flare Compensation
   +Thermographic Vision
   +Vision Magnification
Fake SIN (Emily Sothering, CAS Charity Worker) Rating 4
Fake SIN (Keina Shingle, PCC Healer) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Mage License) Rating 4
Fake SIN (Patti MacArthur, UCAS Fishing Boat Worker) Rating 4
Fake SIN (Samantha Billingsly, UCAS Bounty Hunter) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Mage License) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Bounty Hunter's License) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Heavy Weapons License) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Weapon Focus License) Rating 4
Minigrenade: High Explosive x50
Reagents, per dram x30
Weapon Focus (Bonded Foci) (Sword) Rating 3

== Background ==
Annabelle was a frail child; born human, sickly, and 2 months premature to a pair of elves who gave her up for adoption as soon as they saw what she was. Her earliest memories are of the church. Every sunday, she and all the other kids from the adoption center would go there together and even though most of the other kids seemed bored, Anna was positively ENTHRALLED. The ceremony... The lighting... The clothes... The language... The music... The WORDS!!! In her short little life so far, she'd only ever known pity at best and ridicule at worst, but here inside these walls and surrounded by these stained glass windows, she was taught about hope. She learned all the words to all the songs, even though her singing voice was average on her best days. She learned all the words to the prayers and the chants, even though they were in latin and she didn't understand what a word of it meant. She was maybe 9 by the time she'd become such a fixture at the church, cleaning up, cooking, helping out, and making friends, that she was formally adopted by the church and went to live there for good.

It was maybe three years after then that she awakened. At first, Anna saw it as a child would; A blessing of wisdom and strength from God himself. But once she learned that it came with responsibilities and changes she wasn't ready for yet, she was hesitant. Once they saw her talents, they wanted her to go away to an old Gregorian monestary to be trained and taught. She was afraid to go. What kind of holy warrior was she supposed to be? She just wanted to stay in the church and sing the songs, tend to the books, dust the statues, marry a nice man and grow old. But God had chosen her for something else. What could she do? She said goodbye to her friends in the church and left [CITY], never to see them again. Well, most of them, anyway. -To be Continued...
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english