NEWS

Capacity of a Periscope

• 5 Replies

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« on: <12-24-15/0528:45> »
What is the capacity of a periscope? An imaging scope lists a capacity of 3 while the periscope makes no mention. We know it can take visual enhancements... Just not how many.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-24-15/0920:29> »
I would treat it as at least a vehicle sized sensor housing at least until something official comes out. 

Marcus Gideon

• Omae
  • Certainly not a Technomancer...
« Reply #2 on: <12-24-15/1345:38> »
I would treat it as at least a vehicle sized sensor housing at least until something official comes out.
Vehicle sized what???

It's a weapon mount, that lets you shoot around corners. Why in hell would it be Vehicle grade anything?

I'd go with the same as the Imaging Scope, with Capacity 3. Although after reading the description (never bothered with the Periscope myself) it's disappointing to see that a bendy mirror only gets a -2 penalty, while the digital camera in a Smartgun gets a -3 ? What do you think works better, a heads up display first person shooter, or a bendy mirror? LOL
The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work…when you go to church…when you pay your taxes.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <12-24-15/1434:53> »
why you think I put one on ALL my guns regardless if its smartlinked or not?

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-24-15/1513:58> »
Sorry, I thought you meant a vehicle periscope rather than the weapon mount. 

A periscope weapon mount is more or less a bendy scope to shoot around corners so a capacity of 3 works as well as anything. 
« Last Edit: <12-24-15/1517:28> by jim1701 »

DrEbon

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-08-16/1551:13> »
Actually a periscope is an optical device made with mirrors, it is listed with the nondigital vision devices. As such it should not be able to take any digital enhancements just like the optical binoculars built for mages. Smartlink, lowlight, thermographic, and image enhancements should not be installed on a device that has no capacity.

EDIT: Sorry, it turns out there are actually two periscope items. I saw the one in optical devices. The one as a gun mount should due fine treated as capacity 3.
« Last Edit: <04-13-16/2145:25> by DrEbon »
Being a doctor is great, I can prescribe long haul and narcojet to my team completely legit. But sometimes I see someone and have to give em a nice prescription of lead.