NEWS

AR for a Doc Wagon Paramedic

• 21 Replies

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-18-12/2313:37> »
Under the game rules, other than concealability and one-handed use, there isn't really any advantage to an SMG over an AR. The advantages of SMGs in real life--reduced recoil, easier to suppress due to reduce velocity--aren't reflected in the game system.

For that matter, as far as I know, there are no actual rules about firing any weapon one handed, beyond such things as using a foregrip.
It's in Arsenal. One handing a rifle is a -2.

Attach accessory Smartlink [top], Gas-Vent 3 [barrel], Stock [-]
Shock Pad, rather than Stock. You can't attach a stock to an assault rifle, as it already has one. Stocks can only be attached to pistols, machine pistols and SMGs.

White_Knight

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-18-12/2321:32> »
Shock Pad, rather than Stock. You can't attach a stock to an assault rifle, as it already has one. Stocks can only be attached to pistols, machine pistols and SMGs.

The Shock Pad is redundant if there's a sling involved since the two don't stack per Arsenal 148

Mods Personalized Grip [1], Auto-Adjusting Weight [4]

Auto Adjusting weight is definitely a possibility, I hadn't considered it because I was trying to "keep the weight down" and leave some room for mods, but its certainly worth considering
« Last Edit: <09-19-12/0141:40> by White_Knight »

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-18-12/2347:57> »
The Shock Pad is redundant if there's a sling involved since the two don't stack per Arsenal 148
Yeah, but the sling only stacks with a foregrip, not with any other "underbarrel" recoil compensator, like the auto-adjusting weight. Shock Pad stacks with all of them.

Might just be a personal preference for the Shock Pad on my part.

White_Knight

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <09-18-12/2354:29> »
Yeah, but the sling only stacks with a foregrip, not with any other "underbarrel" recoil compensator, like the auto-adjusting weight. Shock Pad stacks with all of them.

Might just be a personal preference for the Shock Pad on my part.

"Recoil compensation from a folding stock, hip pad, rigid stock, shock pad, or sling are not cumulative with each other." Arsenal 148, emphasis mine. Now I do suppose that if I am taking RC from the Auto weight, and not the sling, then the Shock pad comes back into play, which makes for some excellent RC

That gets you enough recoil compensation to fire a short burst and a long burst: 1 magic, 3 gas-vent, 1 stock, 1 personalized grip, 2 auto-adjusting weight.

RC 8 is excellent for this except the Punisher can't fire Short bursts without modification, which admittedly is cheap, but uses up the last slot in the gun which I'd rather have for skinlink

I'd more likely just use a take aim action, to offset the last uncomped point of recoil on a full burst or the sustain spell penalty

White_Knight

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <10-15-12/0019:21> »
Related Rules Question:

The Auto Adjusting weight RAW seems to have no effect on the recoil generated by Short Bursts (to me "first shot" speaks more to a single shot, rather than a single trigger pull), any thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: <10-15-12/0027:04> by White_Knight »

foolofsound

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <10-15-12/0030:13> »
The Auto Adjusting weight RAW seems to have no effect on the recoil generated by Short Bursts (to me "first shot" speaks more to a single shot, rather than a single trigger pull), any thoughts on this?
Um. Yes, that is correct. I'm not totally sure why that is, since fluff-wise it's basically replicating a cyberarm gyromount (3 RC to everything), and eats quite a few slots.

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <10-15-12/0936:26> »
I chalk that up to bad word choice. Besides, the first shot is recoil-less.