NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #135 on: <10-16-16/1435:44> »
"It is so nice of you to notice"? "It will be so fun. We will be best friends" "Your mere presence makes me feel safe"? Somebody get me a bucket right now. I'm about to vomit.

[spoiler]Hide her disgust, act professional: Con: 5d6t5 1
barely[/spoiler]

bnc's facial expression can hardly hide her feelings towards a semi-professional barbie doll who is rendered giggling by the thought of doing bnc's fingernails. She's about to snap a nasty answer, when a thought occurs to her that sends shivers down her spine.

"M... Muss ich ein Kleid tragen?"
Something close to horror is carved in bnc's face.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <10-16-16/1544:06> »
"M... Muss ich ein Kleid tragen?"
Something close to horror is carved in bnc's face.

"Ich habe gehört in diesem Land dürfen auch Frauen Hosen tragen. Ein Hosenanzug wird sich organisieren lassen." Schmitt replied with a laconic smirk.

[spoiler=Translation]

bnc: "Do I need to wear a dress?"
Schmitt: "I've heard that women are allowed to wear trousers in this country. We should be able to find a pantsuit for you."

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <10-16-16/1614:13> »
Anna looks at bnc, she can read her face even with out her third eye, but does not do anything to further embarrass her. She feels the need to keep practicing her role for tomorrow, a bit flirty and giggly good looking assistant, the kind that will not threaten anyone and people will feel safe around. She takes the role very seriously, and is uncertain exactly why bnc feels offended by that. "Perhaps she is hot for me... and me flirting with someone else makes her... jealous?! or perhaps she just likes Krestov and is intimidated by me.  That girl is like a minefield and  I am just trying to get in character so that I do not mess up... I cannot afford to mess it up, it is my big chance to prove that I am professional."
[spoiler]
Anna is not buying it ;)
resist con: 11d6t5 3
[/spoiler]

She decides to text bnc - the decker probably has a DNI and it should be the most discreet >> Should I make Beckie less flirty and more all business?

« Last Edit: <10-16-16/1636:59> by gilga »

Qwikfix

« Reply #138 on: <10-17-16/2025:38> »
Krestov allowed himself a small smirk at Anna's enthusiasm, closing his eyes with arms crossed, head bowed slightly.  "Is job of security to keep all assets of team safe.  I, Johnathan King, will provide such.  My suit should be suiting for this project, but will accept alternative if needing."  He stood up slowly, pausing as the meeting seemed to adjourn following an exchange between Anna and bnc.  Shrugging, he looked to the others and bowed his head to them as well.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <10-17-16/2112:07> »
Devon is looking around the base, trying to find a space appropriate for a ritual circle should one be needed, when it hits him.  To his credit, it only took him three times of introducing himself to get it.  To his detriment, it took three times, but in his defense he was more concerned about making sure the ID had proper medical, magical and combat magic item licenses.

Finding Dr. Schmitt, he tried to address the issue mildly, "I have met people who have these kinds of problems, they generally aren't very pleasant people to be around when the subject comes up.  Is it a good idea to have my role have a name so distinctive?  I am no actor, I don't really know how I am supposed to play this out.  Do I lean into it and play along?  Act oblivious?  How does this work?"  He is genuinely curious about how to handle being named Justin Thyme (just in time).
« Last Edit: <10-18-16/0658:59> by Crossbow »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #140 on: <10-17-16/2318:10> »
Anna bows back to mr. King and then struggles to contain the laugh.when she realises that her boss is now named jus in time. "I guess you are very punctual mr. Time"  she said smirking.  That name would be easy to remember, in fact it would be hard to forget.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <10-18-16/0255:04> »
Schmitt looked at Flatline with a quizzical expression: "If the name is embarrassing to you, just don't say your first name, or say it in French, or use a nickname like Juss or whatever.
Really, you can let your creativity run free. This first outing is for all intents and purposes a practice run. Relax and learn to live your role. Imagine how it was to grow up with parents who gave you such a name. How it formed you in school, drove you to fight other children or withdraw and study to show them all. Having a remarkable name will make you stay in the minds of others. It's your choice what they remember about you.

Once again I'm missing Torrent, that Elf would have much more knowledge about assuming identities.

Oh and by the way: There is a raised platform in the room opposite the library. It's made from marble so you can use chalk or grease markers for your ritual circle."
talk think matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #142 on: <10-18-16/0424:24> »
"And here I was thinking that the point is they not remember me at all..."  Devon said with a grin.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #143 on: <10-18-16/0451:02> »
"Not if you are in a competition with others who want to rent a highly sought after property.

So, enough about the looks and feels. I've got a few errands to run of my own. I'll leave you in Mike's capable hands. I'll be back tomorrow and wait for your success report."

He nodded to the team and left the building on foot.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #144 on: <10-18-16/0717:52> »
bnc smirks slightly. "You must be joking, right?"
It's difficult to tell whether this is directed to Mr. Schmitt or Krestov.

bnc is the first to leave the conference hall as she has already got up. After a shower she meets with Anna in her room to get the dress/suit fixed. After that, she lets herself fall into the seat to start the research.

[spoiler]Do we have a seat in which she can stay online for many hours? Like some fancy highly expensive ergonomic model? She's gonna need one.[/spoiler]

She begins the investigation by inspecting the private host and/or all places in which he placed advertisment about the sale and/or introduces himself. From this, she'll try and create a profile about the mean.
After having figured out the basics (which mean in her way of thinking: a profound investigation on the subject), she draws wider circles of intel:
  • Who else is interested in the sale?
  • Has there been any communication between them and the vendor?
  • Has there been any communication between Mr. Schmitt and the vendor?
  • How is the decision going to be made? Is there anything known about the process?
  • or the criteria?
  • Who else has got a say in the decision? Can the family veto? Or his wife?

Of course she will go astray if she finds evidence of other interesting things to know.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #145 on: <10-18-16/0809:52> »
Kite retreated inward a bit as Schmitt's briefing went on. Drek, she thought, of course it was going to be watercraft. I never take aquatic runs. Need to make time, now, to study up on that. Doubly bad, bnc had asked for boating lessons.  Do the best you can, she told herself and agreed to help bnc later. She quietly nodded along as the Johnson and the rest of the team went on to discuss the finer points of the plan. Once Schmitt called it, she strode quickly back to her workstation in the garage and got right to it.

The shop drones were finished with the Trailblazer and Kite was impressed with their work so she set them to work on el Grande next. She then returned to the case of roaches and he set them to run diagnostics on her cyberware in much the same way. She selected two, however, and instructed their pilot programs to follow Krestov and Anna, respectively, and stay out of sight while doing so. She didn't want to miss their departure while she was distracted with everything else.

She continued to set up shop, cleaning and preparing all of her gear, tools, drones, and vehicles.

[spoiler]Kite will ask permission of the owners of any other vehicles if she can take care of them as well, just to make sure everything's in good working order. Assuming they all agree, by the time she's done she'll have everything pulled into the garage and parked neatly in a row, facing the garage doors. Anything that doesn't fit will be parked just as neatly outside.[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <10-18-16/1305:12> »
[spoiler]
@bnc
That would be your bed which can be raised like a hospital bed.

There is a 8 point Noise level due to distance involved. Using a satellite receiver can reduce that to 5

The white wall restaurant chain - with which the estate is associated -  has an R6 commercial host with A6 S7 D9 F8

@badneighbor
You can assume the drones are buying hits for 4 dice
With one Drone at Pilot 6 and Autosoft 6 + 11 helpers you start at 23
So for the first 3 time increments you can assume 5 hits for every task

[/spoiler]

A quick search on the two landlords showed that they were at the moment in London with their two Transsys Avalon commlinks. To get at their call history or any potential list of interested renters, bnc would have to hack one of them. A cursory search showed that the boathouses where not advertised for rent. 
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #147 on: <10-18-16/1346:23> »
Anna gets up first to be scanned for the AR catalog, she then leaves to her room waiting for bnc. She will help whomever wants it to find a nice looking suit... "Guys, if anyone needs to look different than you look now I am a professional with cosmetics, props and disguises so let me know.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #148 on: <10-18-16/1455:01> »
[spoiler]Hm. That's not exactly what I was thinking of but I guess it'll have to do ^^

Wiz! I'm in!
Satellite link (Noise 5) - 2 (Vectored Signal Filter) - 2 (Signal Scrub) = -1 dice pool modifier.

I'm loading my default Stealth Configuration (3654, built-in Encryption, Virtual Machine (Configurator loading Battle Mode, Sneak), Signal Scrub, Exploit, Stealth).

I assume that their intuition is below 8 and thus roll 14 dice for their Opposed roll.
Attack Host:
Hacking on the Fly: 18d6t5 9
Opposed Roll: 14d6t5 7

Whew.

Enter Host.

Attack commlink:
Hacking on the Fly: 18d6t5 4
Opposed Roll: 14d6t5 2

:D 9 to 7, then 4 to 2 ^^ <3

I have a mark on it.
I swap Exploit for Edit and thus gain +2 Data Processing.

Copy File: 16d6t5 7

Opposed Roll: 14d6t5 5[/spoiler]

After coming back from Anna's room, bnc goes straight for the challenge. Once she's found the guy they're buying from, she can barely hide her agitation (which is no problem, since she's alone in the room). Taking a last sip of her drink (carefully monitoring her alcohol level to stay around the Bulmer peak), she dives into cyberspace.

Before she goes on the venture, she digitally moves into the hall down. She creates a group channel in which they can communicate and share data. In addition, she designates a free corner in the wall as her "info room":
<@team <chicas & chicos i proudly present the info room. here im gonna display all info available in form of a big ARO collection. ill keep u updated. if u find data please forward them to me & lemme put it there orderly. thats my playground but u r all allowed to watch and play double-check?
& now lets fill that void w/ some mp of data chummers>

bnc sets up her satellite dish and makes herself comfortable, resisting the urge of taking one more drink (or sniff). She quickly invades the host, finds the wanted commlink and bypasses the security checks. Once she's hacked the file, she downloads all recent communication to her cyberdeck, checkswhether she hasn't missed something interesting on his commlink.
If there is more, she'll go get it. If not, she'll look through the data and put it on the info screen (interesting passages already highlighted, references double-checked, and so on).
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #149 on: <10-18-16/1537:24> »
Seeing the new room Anna watches carefully and whispers  her subvocal mic "Go get them babe". She watches with curiosity as the info room fills with information.