NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #75 on: <10-09-16/1545:35> »
The building was large: Easily 20 m times 30 m with a ground floor and a level above. Upstairs the part towards the street was made up of the living quarters. Below was a med station, something that looked like a mess hall, and a electronics shop. The overwhelming majority of the house was part of one large hall with a conference table (including a Trid Projector), a real garage portion with equipment racks.
The back part towards the lake had a water basin with a shallow ramp, where boats could be moored and pulled a shore. At the moment there was nothing in there. A walkway surrounded the whole hall. In the middle there were a few different partitions separating the space and guaranteeing a bit of privacy at the different stations.

The living apartments where all identical, so the only difference was how far they had to walk to the stairs.
« Last Edit: <10-09-16/1656:19> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <10-09-16/1951:13> »
Schmitt waited for Flatline to approach him and hear his concern:
"Frankly, you will have to. This is a million nuyen job. Your chance to return to your responsibilities and your people is a lot higher if you don't have contact during this time. This is a very delicate operation against one of the most ruthless mega corps. If anything gets out about this job beforehand we'd risk everything.
You won't need to move your lab, the safe house has a complete med-station for you. Everything it doesn't have can be organized within a few days.
My timetable and restrictions are non-negotiable. If you want out, I do have some Laes to delete the last hour from your memory. That is the only other option I can give you."

Devon feels a real sense of panic, this could be the dream job that makes him as a top tier runner, or let him leave it behind clean, but then he thought about little Cisco, the boy's life  was depending on the bone marrow match that he was setting up the checks to find next week, his dad could not handle that by himself.  That was just the biggest of a hundred different things that walking away from the Oasis for that long would impact.  He couldn't do this.

With a firm resolve the young man made a final offer.  "Look, you can say this is a million dollar job, but I have no proof of that.  I want to be in for this, but I need to get my magical gear in my lab together and I need SOMEONE to cover my shifts at the clinic.  Get me someone and I am in, but otherwise you can give me the shot."

He slapped the his forearm  with 2 fingers of his opposite hand, raising the vein for the injection and offer his arm.  Clearly expecting Schmidt to make the final call.   

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #77 on: <10-10-16/0329:25> »
Schmitt sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, looking very tired all of a sudden:
"You honestly want to tell me that you don't have anyone at that place of yours that can cover for you? You have no contacts or friends you call when you need a vacation or are sick yourself?
I have to say I'm disappointed, your fixer assured me your were a capable professional.

Alright, I'll try to organize a replacement - a mundane doctor. But you'll have to pay his salary yourself. This is well outside the limits of this business - and just another connection to me that I'd have liked to avoid.

And regarding trust: If you have done your legwork you should know that I have worked long and hard to gain the reputation of a reliable and fair Johnson. I pride myself that I go above and beyond my duties to take care of my employees. So far it seems this team has less reason to trust you to do your job here with your full attention than me."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <10-10-16/1345:05> »
Anna selected the room furthest away from the stairs and sleep came easily. The night was after-all hot and sexually charging and had things started out better Anna would have probably sleep somewhere else. Perhaps with Irene and mr. hot pants... some sweet unrealistic fantasy, but it was more Anna trying to experience her student life that may never continue after this gig.
The bachelor degree she worked so hard on, her family and friends -  she may need to give it all up.

And she would do so again in a heart beat because the thrill of stealing so much would feel better than a thousand orgasms. It was not a very nice thing to do, but Anna loved stealing, she loved doing it ever since she was a little street girl. It was always exciting to steal, the risk of getting caught and the euphoria of getting away with it. A wallet was few moments of pleasure, but a bank vault? ... Anna could not imagine anything more satisfying than robbing an entire bank vault. 

"Had I been this clear earlier I'd definitely try to slot Irene and mr. hot pants just so that they never forget me. To say goodbye properly... I mean if I may not be going back why worry about consequences." Fantasying about how the night could have ended was dramatically more enjoyable than fearing what might go wrong in the run she agreed to do.  Yet, Anna's body was tired and sweet sleep claimed Anna after a short while. The best sleep she had in many days.  Everything that Anna thought was bothering her seemed so insignificant compared to what she was about to do in the coming weeks.

« Last Edit: <10-10-16/1350:50> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <10-10-16/1514:01> »
Anna was rudely awoken in the morning around seven when the garage door opened and a Bulldog Stepvan drove inside with what must have been Troll Thrash Metal blaring speakers. Shortly there after quite a lot of banging and cursing could be heard. When Anna dared to peek, she recognized the Ork Mike. He was sweating despite the cool morning and heaving large boxes into the middle of the hall, all the while uttering expletives that would have made most sailors blush.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <10-10-16/1605:32> »
Anna is rudely awaken out of some pleasant dream. "That darn noise!  some of us do not have a sleep regulator dammit... I actually need the sleep." She thinks, and then realize that there is no way she is going to continue sleeping unless that music is gone.  She slips into a jeans and t-shirt, and exist the room yawning, after 2.5 hours of sleep Anna is a complete mess. She walks in her slippers to the garage and then asks Mike "Is your mouth always this filthy or is there something wrong? Also please kill the music, I really need some rest."  Despite the situation she struggles to say these things nicely but half a smile is the best she can come up with.

« Last Edit: <10-10-16/1609:57> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <10-10-16/1616:14> »
It took two tries to get the ork to listen and to stop the music.
"Sorry, didn't realize one of you was already here. Got to test the acoustics before everyone settles in. But you might want to get some earplugs, I've got a few things still to install. Wait a second."
Mike moved to one of the boxes and ripped it open. From inside he pulled a box full of earplugs still wrapped in plastic. With a practiced movement he threw the package to her.
"I'll set the soycaf maker up first thing. You look like you might need some when we start."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <10-10-16/2304:04> »
"It was a long night..." sighed Anna and added "Thank you for the plugs, you are quite a handyman. Indeed coffee would be incredible." Looking around she said "I am trying to get a few more hours of sleep, have a goo day."
She thought "Overly eager Yael... overly eager... " as she walked back to her room with the ear plugs.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <10-10-16/2311:58> »
Devon took rebuke as his due, he probably should have asked a few more questions of Two-toes before the meet, like who the Johnson was.  Truth is he had gotten comfortable doing this thing and still thinking he could just go back to work at the clinic, he had been risking leaving his father in this kind of lurch the whole time.  Hell, he hadn't really even sat down and made sure his father knew what it was he was doing these last few months.

Back in the moment, he squared up his shoulders and stuck out his hand, "Thank you sir, I truly appreciate the opportunity, and you are right, I should have handled myself better, but you can count on my loyalty and confidence.  I am sure that the person you find will be up to the task, and his pay will be taken care of, the facility is the Harris Clinic, in Redmond, that might be something your candidate will need to know."

"Regarding my lab, it is actually a hermetic lodge, I think I would be best able to fill my role in the team with it available, but it will require a week to functionally move to the location.  What would you prefer?"

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #84 on: <10-10-16/2357:07> »
Kite spent the rest of the meet listening quietly and carefully as the Johnson provided details on what they were to do and answered some questions. Once bnc’s curiousity was satisfied, the group broke up to go collect their things and meet back at the new safehouse. Kite ducked her way past the weirdly-tense conversation between Anna and bnc to thank Schmitt for the meal, then slipped out to climb into her Jeep and head home. Safely tucked into the driver-side rigger cocoon, jumped into the souped-up Trailblazer, she was able to take a moment and relax. She drove casually and let her mind wander over the details of the meet. She was experienced as a rigger and as a smuggler, but this was her first true Shadowrun, and a heist was unfamiliar territory for her. Reviewing the information she had so far helped her to feel more comfortable with it. Like taking an engine apart and putting it back together. Over and over and over again.

A call came in from Brian, snapping her out of her trance. Kite realized she’d been driving long, slow circles around downtown Seattle for over an hour. She kicked herself mentally and picked up the call.

“So? How’d it go?” Brian asked, unwilling to hide his excitement for his protégé.

“It was good,” Kite smiled in return. “but I can’t talk about it. Very top secret stuff, you know.”

Brian seemed to take a moment, maybe surprised that she was unwilling to tell even him any details. He seemed to remember, though, that she was a professional and so was he. His grin returned and he put his index finger against the side of his nose, winking in an overtly cheesy secret gesture. “Ahh…of course, of course. Just tell me what you need.”

“I’m coming by the hangar to get some things. Can you box up my tools? And maybe clean Tonto up?”

“You’re taking that old thing?”

“We will be away for a while. A month at least. You never know.”

Tonto was Kite’s nickname for her Evo Proletarian, the little mechanic’s-assistant drone she’s had for years.

After swinging by her apartment to pick up some clothes and various odds and ends, she pulled up back at the hangar where Brian was waiting. She hopped out of the Jeep and gave him a warm hug, like a daughter greets a father.

“You don’t need the plane?” he asked.

She shrugged. “Dunno. I can come get it if I do. Best to keep it here for now. Now stop asking questions,” she said with a playful smile. Brian smiled in return and ran an invisible zipper across his lips. Together they packed the rest of her things into the Jeep. After another hug, she climbed back in and was on her way.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #85 on: <10-11-16/0148:54> »
bnc yawns heartily as she wakes up in the morning. It's only half past 6 - bnc had used the second half of the patch plus some left-over weed to sedate her into an early sleep yesterday. She was fully recovered and eager to change her entire life.

Quote from: Slobbertooth
@bnc@Krestov>>It's a race. Last one there before tomorrow wins.>>

Fuck, what? I shoulda been there by yesterday? Oh, crap, this ain't a good way to start. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.
<@Slobbertooth@Krestov <Sorry, I thought we were invited for brunch. Got some important stuff to do left. Dammit, I'll come asap.>>

Only when (if) Slob signals her that she's not yet late she can calm down a bit. She resists the urge to numb herself again. This has to stop now.

She then takes her familiar tour through the apothecaries and drug stores (quite literally in her case) to collect a good month's store of the raw materials she needs to produce her own supply of, well, medication. Whoom's nigh impossible to get by in the US but she can brew it herself as easily as anyone.

Only one last thing left to do before I'm ready to go. bnc thinks after having stuffed all her equipment into two huge bags. She wanders around a bit, then hacks a commlink to send a message to her sister, informing her that she's safe and sound but she won't be able to call for two months or so. She sends her kisses and asks her to tell her boyfriend he can go fuck himself. She then hacks and steals a car, turns off all mechanics to record its location, loads her stuff into the trunk, drives it up to the hall and sends it back to where it came from, taking a bit of a D tour just for good measure.

Once she arrives at the house she takes the last room in the floor, securing topmost privacy. The room next door she books on Krestov's name.

[spoiler]To describe more detailed what she's actually doing I need to know two things
 first: What's the situation like around 9 am? How many people are there already, what's the environment.
 second: What matrix infrastructure is there to be found. To we have an own host? How many rights to I have? If I don't have the rights do to whatever I want what security do I have to overcome to do it anyway? Which facilities can I control? Stuff like that.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <10-11-16/0456:19> »
"Regarding my lab, it is actually a hermetic lodge, I think I would be best able to fill my role in the team with it available, but it will require a week to functionally move to the location.  What would you prefer?"

"I think it would be easier if you constructed a new lodge. You are a hermetic, so I think my supplier should have you covered. Otherwise I've a large stockpile of reagents on hand, so you could create a temporary lodge."

The next morning:

One by one the runners arrived, carrying their equipment inside. Mike was around fixing and mounting things to other things, but was ready to answer questions regarding the building.

bnc arrived before her team mates, but to her dismay realized that Anna had beaten her to one of the rooms farthest away from the stairs. So she takes the other one and for Krestov the room next to her.
Looking on the matrix side, she isn't surprised to note that there isn't a trace of noise to be found at this location. What she does note however is that the building itself has no wireless alarm system, although she can clearly see sensors placed around the house both out- and inside.
When she asked Mike he readily answered: "Yeah, that was a hell of a lot work for an old ork like me. The boss wanted the whole place to be hardwired for security. No host, no external connections, just the drone brain and lots and lots of fiberoptic wires. Not to mention the redundancies. Really, if I weren't payed handsomely for this I think I would have gone mad."

"Where the drone brain is located? Ah well, he said you'd ask. Just plug into the intercom in one of your rooms, that should be enough for a direct connection. Was pretty hard to combine a drone brain and an agent system. Mind you, I'm no decker, but I do have a bit of talent for electronics: I used a weapon form factor cyberdeck and fused it with a smartplattform with a military grade pilot system - was the only way to merge the two systems. Side benefit is, that the drone brain can protect itself from tampering. I'm quite proud of that, I can tell you."

« Last Edit: <10-11-16/0843:41> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: <10-11-16/0831:28> »
Anna spends the late morning hours neatly placing her things in the room. Once Anna's clothes are neatly placed in the closet and her belongings are neatly stored Anna showers and then slips into her jeans and white t-shirt and apply some basic eyeliner to bring out her eyes and some gentle lipstick to make her lips look more inviting and her cheeks are brought to that right taint with just enough makeup. Looking at the mirror Anna thinks "Almost not evident that I had such a crappy night."

Anna has a quick breakfast of coffee and a pretzel (or at least the food printer called it a pretzel). After breakfast she practices her guitar until the other runners arrive and things become interesting. At that point Anna existed the room with slippers and her trusty Ares Predator visibly placed over her blue jeans, she colors its ruthenium polymer coating to be purple and it gives the gun a toy'ish image. Anna's clothes are now matching her modest life style and are nothing like that 13k nuyen dress she wore yesterday, it is also quite evident that she has just showered as she still smells of shampoo. 

When Anna exits the room she notices that Sprinklers bnc located herself in the next door and the adjacent room was Krestov's  "Lucky slith is friends with that Greek god..." she thought and was a bit jealous about it. When Anna exited the room bnc has already started 'geek-speaking' with Mike such a professional she thought and  interrupted the two with a somewhat hesitant "good morning" and a shy smile. Anna felt a bit uncomfortable around Mike, as she was not used to be seen in public unless she was well groomed.  When Kite arrives Anna welcomes her "Good morning" and asks "Do you need a hand with your things?" The rigger had many toys with her.
« Last Edit: <10-11-16/0852:34> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #88 on: <10-11-16/0856:33> »
Damn, slitch? Why's she taking the backmost room? The other one's way less to walk. Well, it might be fun, anyway.

bnc quickly swallowed her frustration when she found out that Mike actually had an idea about what he's doing. "An isolated system. This is something to work with. Not comfortable, but safe. I was disappointed to hear that..." ...our target doesn't sport one.
"Are you supposed to be entrusted with our plannings? I mean, I guess, but just to be safe. Are we to keep you informed? Are we to keep stuff from you? I'll double-check with Dr. Schmitt, but for the while..."

She continues to talk to him about the details of the system - half out of professionality, half because she wants to find out just how much power she has concentrated in her hands. After a while, they're interrupted by Yael coming down the stairs.

"Ah, good morning, Anna", bnc says in a way more cheerful voice than yesterday. "You already made yourself comfortable, I see."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #89 on: <10-11-16/0913:05> »
Quote from: Slobbertooth
@bnc@Krestov>>It's a race. Last one there before tomorrow wins.>>
Fuck, what? I shoulda been there by yesterday? Oh, crap, this ain't a good way to start. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.
<@Slobbertooth@Krestov <Sorry, I thought we were invited for brunch. Got some important stuff to do left. Dammit, I'll come asap.>>
@bnc>>Well I guess you win then  ;-P.<<

By the time bnc arrives she finds Slobbertooth already there, looking over his equipment and counting ammunition in the team's shared living area before taking it to be stored in his room. He takes one close to the main area so that his usual nocturnal activities doesn't include him pacing back and forth down the hallways. bnc would notice that he has an AR feed of any recent news about Lonestar or Captain Verres running in the background. There is a news feed running on the trids in the background. It's 99% nonsense, but she know's what he's listening for. He occasionally takes breaks from both to give Zelda attention, and to stop her from being rude to all of the other guests.

[spoiler]Don't know if this is covered in the character sheet, but it should be noted here for all the new guys:

Slobbertooth and the gang adopted a female Tibetan Mastiff after killing her previous owners (who used her as a way to summon spirits so they weren't exactly the best owners in addition to being run of the mill shitbags. Her name is Zelda. She is trained but Mastiffs are like German Shepards in that while they can be extremely loving, energetic and protective, they may take a while to warm up to strangers.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)