NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <10-07-16/0858:43> »
Anna

"Name's bnc", Bianca responds dryly. "no capital letters, if you please. And you are...?"
Yael nodded and said "Anna", after a pause she said "So bnc is in leet speak or do you have something against vowels?"
« Last Edit: <10-07-16/0912:20> by gilga »

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <10-07-16/0955:42> »
Slobbertooth did his best to ignore Anna and bnc, and instead tried to get Krestov's attention.

"Well you've got the Rover. I've got stuff at the old place that I'll need to grab, including my dog, thanks for taking care of her btw. Mind if we head over there and start packing up?"

[spoiler]Assumed Zelda was left at the old place and Krestov was there. If this wasn't then she was with Slobbertooth and was dropped off at Kazuya's during the meeting and I'll need to go pick her up.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <10-07-16/1107:04> »
Schmitt meeting

"Wait", bnc says firmly as Slobbertooth makes preparation to leave. "We're not done yet." It's again a rapid change in bnc's behavior, stepping clearly out of her role as an underage semi-professional key hitter.

"I've got some more questions.
First, we need as much information about Zola Esteban as possible. If it's already in our file, regard this as done. I'd like to know his origins, whereabouts, exact position within the government slash corp. Add to this most important contacts. Details about magical ability and/or augmentations would be quite favorable.

Second, do you have floor plans, security arrays, schedules and so on for the hotel, in which the security waits? If we plan to strike there, or sabotage parts of the hotel, we need all the relevant information about it.

Third, where are the mage and decker on duty at home? What do you know about their physical, magical and matrix security? What are there names, personalities, close contacts and habits? How do they remote-operate with the system? Is there a physical link between the spider and the facility or does he work over satellite link? Are there no parts of the facility wired off in a Faraday cage or otherwise offline? If there's no other spider, can we assume that the whole system is accessible via wifi? How many spirits does the mage control? Are they from the Azlan tradition? Are they a blood mage? Are these two the only ones in charge of matrix and magical security?

I assume, we find everything about physical security and paracritters in the documents you already deposited for us."

conversation with Anna

" 'leet' means that vowels are substituted by numbers. There are now vowels in bnc. It's short for "be nice, cutie". Actually my whole name is "bncoitiamwaboalot" for "be nice, cutie, or I'll turn into a murderous werewolf and bite off a limb or two". You may call me bnc, however."
It's difficult to tell in what kind of mood she says that. Even for herself.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <10-07-16/1157:46> »
"Ah yes, good questions. We might need to spend a bit of time finding the answers.

A full dossier on Zola awaits you, but here a quick Overview: Zola is 56, no known family or companions, born in Tenochtitlan to peasant parents, became a mage at a relatively late age, but made it up by being a zealous student. Thanks to his talent he made his way up through the Azlan military to the rank of Major. Switched positions a few times during the Amazonian war, but was mostly concerned with black ops work. After leaving the war he became an exec for Aztech's sea section - mostly concerned dealing with pirates. For some reason he decided or it was decided for him to go after 20k MUS and secure the takeover. After the mostly successful completion he was rewarded with the Luxury package for R7 senior managers.
He's very fit for his age, an initiate of the 4th order and almost certainly a blood mage - although there is no proof or witnesses to corroborate that as fact beside the fact that he went quite far in the Aztech hierarchy from his simple  beginnings. He is smart and can be quite charming. He has a lot of contacts to high ranking officials in south america, but is only slowly building his network here in Seattle. But I hear he attends all the major city hall functions and dinners.

Floor plans for the hotel are on record, but they might have worked on the layout - that is definitely one thing we should investigate directly.

I have the addresses, but as of yet no recon on the insides of their homes.
Some parts of the bank are hardwired, the rest is inside an R8 host. The plans don't indicate a Faraday cage - probably because that would interfere with the security drones. The spider logs into the host - that takes care of the distance problem.
The mage is an ex-student of Zola, so definitely Aztec and maybe blood mage. I do know that he controls up to six watchers, which is probably his maximum for spirit control as well.
And no, there are others - three others, to be precise, but thanks to the duty plan, we don't have to concern ourselves with all of them.

There should be no major para critters beyond a Barghest patrol outside the perimeter at night and awakened moss isolating the vault.

More inside the plans, but you probably want to take a look at the object to make sure they are up to date."

Turning to Slobbertooth he said:
"Mike will give you all the address for our base. Please be careful not to lead anyone who doesn't belong there to it."

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <10-07-16/1219:09> »
Conversation with bnc:
Anna scoffed "No way... werewolves?! I would have said you are BSing me but few people can come up with something like that on the fly. I am intrigued now - how did you get that kind of name? Are you into werewolf trids or anything?"

with Schmidt
Anna thinks "A security mage makes tons of money working from home - if only I was rich enough to study binding..."

She then say "I do not mean to intrude, but I have one concern that should be addressed now... what happen when we get to Seattle - can't the bank call the KE and have them waiting for us at the end of the bridge? Won't we be arrested the moment we enter Seattle and then delivered for trail in the Salish-Shidhe Council.  By possessing these things that are not ours, we ought to be breaking some laws.

I also have some questions about magical security - but these are tactical in nature so they can wait to the safemhouse. When I know everything we have."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <10-08-16/0631:29> »
"They could. But they probably won't. Since this is technically an international affair, they'd have to go through Interpol to get KE to act. Also it would automatically become public knowledge that the bank has been robbed - which is bad PR and would call down the bad people who stashed their valuables at the bank on their heads.
No, in this case they'll try to find you with their own means - which will give you valuable hours to vanish. As I said: The human factor is their weakness.

And you only have to make it to our base close by. From their we'll use the prepared escape route. But more on that once we are there."

Replied Schmitt.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <10-08-16/0817:15> »
Conversation with Anna.

"No, I'm not into werewolves, Anna". She stresses the word consciously, her voice a slice sarcastic. Definitely a blonde. Or is she faking..? No way a shadowrunner can be so dumb. "I am bullshitting you. Being able to write and read bastante rápido makes it a lot easier to make up acronyms. I'm using my DNI as natural as you use your ... your eyeliner, I guess."
No way I can tell her now what bnc really stands for after I stressed her inability to use a proper shadow name. Luckily, this ain't the first time I've been asked what it stands for.
"bnc doesn't stand for 'be nice, cutie'. I made it up for you, sweet meat. It's a nickname from my youth that stuck. The abbreviation is for "beyond normal consciousness" which doesn't only refer to my being a faster thinker than others. I take it you already observed that. Anyway, I'm just glad my friends back then didn't know fancy words such as "ordinary", or I'd have been called "boc" or "sboc" [pronounced like "Spock"] or something.

Schmitt conversation

"All right. Then I'm good to go. Are we going to be able to contact you?"

She then nods to Slob and Krestov, indicating that she'll follow them. Before she leaves, she turns around a last time and approaches her Johnson. "Ah... Herr Schmitt", she asks, almost timidly, "Ich feiere in wenigen Wochen meinen einundzwanzigsten Geburtstag. Ich schätze, du hast nicht vielleicht Zeit und Lust...?"
« Last Edit: <10-08-16/0853:18> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <10-08-16/0946:42> »
Schmitt answered bnc: "You won't just be able to contact me: I'll be at the base for the most part of this operation. As I said, this is make or break for me.
But don't worry, I won't micro manage your work. Instead I'll be busy organizing information and material for this caper."

When bnc asked him in his native language, he smiled a bit sadly: "Ich würde liebend gerne. Aber das würde voraus setzen, dad die Bank den Raub erst am nächsten Tag bemerkt und ich nicht eilends das Land verlassen muss."

"Alright. I'll meet you at the base. Password is the same as the last warehouse, grand tour tomorrow during brunch. Get everything you need there and don't forget to take care of your accommodations - you won't be there for a while."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <10-08-16/1114:28> »
Converstation with bnc
Anna smiled softly and then said "I am not fallling to this trap again, you are sharp enough to make up anything. From what I know about teenagers they would never be so flattering so I think that you just hate vowels. " she rolls her eyes  as if trying hard to concentrate and says half to herself half to bnc "BECKY no no N am...BRITNEY no R and t ....BIANCA fits and so does BIONCE. "  Anna shakes her hand, "This is difficult, I am not as smart as you and cannot just browse all common names with B N and C in my mind. I think that I will just call you Sprinklers until I figure it up."

Conversation with Schmidt
Anna nods at Schmidt. Disappearing would demolish her bechlors degree but such a large sum may make it irrelevant. She has a lot to process.

[spoiler]to be fair I took the name guessing from https://www.babble.com/baby-names/girl-names-that-start-with-b/

[/spoiler]

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #69 on: <10-08-16/1406:07> »
Anna

"Oh carajo!", bnc exclaims, driven to exasperation, "it's Bianca. Sprinkler's really flattering but if you remind me of my boasting around in a Johnson meeting a single time more I'm gonna ex meself right on the spot." bnc's voice carries some anger in her, but she can hardly fight down a smile, too. Förböveln! She can be an intriguing slitch. Gotta be careful with that hooker.

Schmitt

"Also so wie ich das seh', sind wir jetzt erst mal zwei Monate miteinander eingesperrt..." She winks at him a last time before she gets home.

At home, she arranges everything. Since she doesn't really have a regular job, there's not a hell of a lot to do, although some people are gonne be pissed off for her not finished what she already accepted to do. Her wardrobe is manageable for a girl her age, and most of her personal belongings are implanted in her head anyway. By 11pm, she's basically got everything finished.

Crap. Robin. He's gonna hate me.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <10-08-16/1533:15> »
bnc
Anna looked with curiosity at the response of bnc and thinks "Bianca? - no way that wasn't real - or she is a better con artist than myself. It is Bianca alright... I think." She is surprised that 'Sprinklers' has that kind of effect on the young Decker. The Johnson needs something and most Deckers are kind of cocky, comes with the territory - why does bnc cared so much? Then again, the guy brought her yogurt in a grill house - it must mean something.

Smiling Anna said  "Well, it is nice to meet you, Bianca." and then continued "It is cool that you have all these wonderful things to boast about. I am a bit nervous too"
She then looked at Shmitt and then back at bnc, and added " ... and I would not worry about that specific Johnson. After all he brought you Yogurt that is not on the menu, he clearly likes you.

Schmidt
After the meet Anna left to prepare for a night out with her flatmate Irene. She dressed up with street clothes and spent the evening at the Banshee where there is an open mike night. Anna performed poorly and left stage after a single song as the crowd grew restless and booed her.  It was not her brightest performance to say the least.  Anna remained a bit bitter during the entire night as she could not get past her poor performance earlier that evening. Irene tried to cheer her up with dancing and drinks, and Anna did try to be cheered up and has even drunk a bit more than she intended.
[spoiler]
for RP reasons, (no glitch at least).
Performance: 9d6t5 0
[/spoiler]

As the two girls were drinking and dancing, a handsome slick orc approached them and started dancing close to them. Anna took a step back, as she was not in such a flirty mood, but Irene seemed to enjoy his company. At about 2 AM, Irene was dancing very close to the orc, and the sexual tension between them reached the 'get a room' stage.  Irene looked apologetic and said to Anna and said "We are going to continue the party at his place... Do you need a ride sweetie?"

Swallowing her pride Anna accepted the offer, as she had no car. The ride was uneventful, but Anna had to spend 40 minutes watching Irene and the orc (Joe? Jhon? Mr. Hot pants?  - she really did not remember his name) making out.  "At least we arrived before they reached full penetration" said Anna bitterly to herself. There was some benefit to that awful night, Irene was out of the apartment until morning. 'That is one shitty night and I need a shower' she thought. Anna rushed to the shower first thing as she entered her home. She took a long warm shower and washed away all the regrets and frustrations of the night.

After the shower Anna slipped into some sexy lingerie, in an attempt to feel less shitty about herself. She then slipped into jeans and a white sleeveless black t-shirt of some fashionable metal band.  Completing her look was a long fake leather jacket.  She packed the rest of her clothes, her guns and cosmetics in a bag and left Irene a note:

"Hey Slitch,
Hope you enjoyed slotting the dude...  He looked kind of hot!

School is going badly and with that terrible performance I desperately need some alone time.

I am leaving to visit my grandmother.
The one we talked about with the lake house.

I'll spend a a short while practicing, and come back when my singing improves.

I will  bring you something sweet when I return.

Kisses

Anna. "
Anna hoped that the note will keep Irene from looking for her. This time was different though as Anna was uncertain if she is to ever get back to her apartment after the 'mission'. Saying a mental 'goodbye' to the apartment, she sighed and took a deep breath. She locked the door behind her and walked into the night, never looking back at the place.

Anna arrived at the safe-house at about 4 am extremely tired and looked for a place to crush right away.
« Last Edit: <10-08-16/1646:45> by gilga »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <10-08-16/1642:03> »
Flatline will specifically wait to speak with Schmidt privately.

"I appreciate this opportunity, but I can't just disappear for months.  I have responsibilities, people dependent on me.  I need to provide some kind of replacement, but it is a specific set of circumstances.  I would expect that I would need to move my lab to this safe house as well, I don't know if your timetable and restrictions is going to work for me."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <10-08-16/1717:26> »
Schmitt waited for Flatline to approach him and hear his concern:
"Frankly, you will have to. This is a million nuyen job. Your chance to return to your responsibilities and your people is a lot higher if you don't have contact during this time. This is a very delicate operation against one of the most ruthless mega corps. If anything gets out about this job beforehand we'd risk everything.
You won't need to move your lab, the safe house has a complete med-station for you. Everything it doesn't have can be organized within a few days.
My timetable and restrictions are non-negotiable. If you want out, I do have some Laes to delete the last hour from your memory. That is the only other option I can give you."

As the meeting begins to break up, Schmitt takes care of the bill and he and Mike leave the restaurant. All in all the meeting didn't take longer than an hour. Equipped with the address (Skagit Key 69) and the pin for the lock (92838) Anna is the first to arrive at the safe house.

From the outside it looked like a nondescript two story garage with lake access, made to service boats and cars. The faint light of a single Lantern showed that the high windows all had rather new bars in front of them, securing the building against intruders. The large garage doors were closed and secured but a small side door revealed a keypad.

After entering the key, the door clicked open. A short corridor with only a single fluorescent stripe of paint barely provided enough light to let her recognize a stairwell leading upwards. Once she had reached the stairs, upstairs a dim light turned on. As it seemed to be the only place with light, she followed the stairs and found herself in a corridor with a row of doors to the left and a balcony rail to the right. Beyond the rail waited only the absolute blackness of a large open space. Opening one of the doors, she found a comfortable one room apartment with a small bathroom, a cooking niche (including microwave and food printer) as well as a comfortable futon, a chair and writing table as well as a wardrobe.
An AR promt told her to enter her name to claim the room.
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <10-08-16/1807:22> »
After embracing Zelda, taking a shower, putting on some clean clothes, Slobbertooth helped to load the teams Rover full of the ammunition, gear, guns, and dog that the team had stolen and stored over the past few years. When the team was done, Slobbertooth pulled out his old metalink and sent Kazuya a quick message over it.

@Kazuya>>I hope to be beck in a month or two, but I'll be under until then.<<

Slobbertooth smashed the metalink and pet his dog one more time before getting on his Mirage and taking a scenic route to the safehouse. After he was a short distance away he shot quick message to Krestov over his Hermes Ikon.

@bnc@Krestov>>It's a race. Last one there before tomorrow wins.wins.>>
« Last Edit: <10-09-16/1910:16> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <10-09-16/1534:22> »
As Anna arrived at the safe-house "Too dark" was her first thought. The place was creepy, and dark - but perhaps it is what made it 'safe'. Needless to say Anna knew little about these things. She activated the thermographic vision in her glasses in order not to stumble and carefully brave the poorly lit safehouse looking for a place to crush. She felt afraid, as the place was dark and alien and cold and EMPTY. Walking there alone at night was terrifying, especially since the guns were carefully hidden inside her beg and could not be use in quick enough in case of emergency.
Anna looked around as much as she could to determine what the building was for, but mainly she hoped to simply find somebody else in the building.

Her mood improved when she finally arrived at the apartments, she felt victorious over the darkness.
She opened all the doors and examined the rooms before choosing the one she liked best and claiming it in the AR menu. Then she locked the door behind her, took off her jacket and jeans and entered the comfortable bed. Anna wanted to sleep - but felt that it would not be responsible to do so right now.

"Just a little look to see that nothing is suspicious around this place and I'll be sleeping" she thought.  Anna closed her eyes and enveloped herself with magic to sharpen her senses. She did not want to miss a single thing about the building and its surrounding neighborhood. The magic was successful and Anna's senses were sharpen to super human sensitivity.

Leaving her own body was always strange for Anna, to make it less awkward  she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, inhaling and exhaling slowly. At the end of that breath, her consciousness was outside of her body as simple as that. Without a body to drag along, Anna was considerably more agile - she wandered the building happily and observed in detail what she could make about the building and the neighborhood. Unless something unusual happens during her scout Anna will return to her body and sleep after 20-30 minutes,  she will not be up before lunchtime unless somebody wakes her up.

[spoiler]
drain: 10d6t5 2
Improve Intuition F5: 15d6t5 9
Intuition augmented by +4, no drain.

Assensing (astral scout): 15d6t5 10
only 7 hits are kept due to Anna's astral limit.
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <10-09-16/1541:27> by gilga »