• 89 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« on: <01-23-11/1638:38> »
I've got my badge, yes I do!

I've got my badge, how 'bout you?   ;D

Badges went on sale today.  Who else is snatchin' one up and planning on the trip to Indy this summer?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <01-23-11/1821:37> »
Oh yeah, I've got my badge.

Now to wait until the Event Catalog comes up. ;)

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-23-11/1821:51> »
Got my four day badge now just have to register for a room on Tuesday...at noon.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <01-23-11/1827:37> »
Good luck folks.  :)  And I'll see ya there!

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-23-11/1836:38> »
This year shooting for staying at the Embassy or one of the other hotels directly across from the convention center. Do the room rates for those hotels jump much...on average they are $350 a night.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <01-23-11/1844:07> »
The Housing Bureau lists the Crowne Plaza, Indy Marriot, JW Marriot (the new pretty-pretty where the bulk of Catalyst games are being scheduled) and the Hyatt Regency as starting between $178-$189 a night (about $225-$230 after taxes). They are all less than a block from the Convention Center.

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #6 on: <01-23-11/1850:13> »
May be there, may not. Depends on how finances are looking later this year, but if I do go I'll A) likely be working for Catalyst again, and B) will look forward to seeing you all for a game or two!
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <01-23-11/1857:20> »
Housing Bureau...where is their website at? I don't seem them...  >:(

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <01-23-11/1903:47> »
If you go to the GenCon registration page, there should be a link to the housing bureau. Registrations open Tuesday at noon.

Link to Housing Registration
Link to GenCon Housing Information

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #9 on: <01-23-11/1905:10> »
Me and my buddies got our room a while ago, and just decided to avoid the Gencon housing block entirely.  I always hated playing refresh-race while trying to get into a room, and watching the available room get farther and farther away.  We've got too much wargame stuff to lug around (and then try to keep an eye on while playing other stuff) to have a room too far away.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <01-23-11/1912:48> »
They've actually updated the Passkey system this year so that the room you're trying to get will be "blocked off" for ten minutes as you go through the registration process. And the JW Marriott has added a bunch more rooms to the tally.

topcat

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <01-23-11/2031:22> »
Yep!  Possibly even running some SR4...  ;)

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <01-23-11/2114:57> »
If you go to the GenCon registration page, there should be a link to the housing bureau. Registrations open Tuesday at noon.

Thanks!

So is it best to simply register online or call in for places like the JW Marriott?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #13 on: <01-23-11/2127:24> »

Thanks!

So is it best to simply register online or call in for places like the JW Marriott?
My compatriots and I are using the Housing Bureau, mostly because of the GenCon discount.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <01-23-11/2136:59> »
Well I am a big fan of discounts! Means that I can spend more money on buying games and miniatures!!! I have always gone to Gencon last minute so I have never used the Housing Bureau before.