NEWS

Devices inside of Cyberlimbs

• 7 Replies

Gorstavich

• Newb
« on: <05-17-18/2051:07> »
Good evening all,

I'm currently poking and prodding at a character concept and ran into a question.  What is the cost and capacity usage (or essence loss) for other devices not specifically covered in the cyberlimbs section?  I'm crawling through the books right now and will admit my head is starting to hurt, so maybe I missed something.  The use cases that I am pondering are:

1.  Bug Scanner
2.  Laser Microphone
3.  Sensor Housing (to hold Gas Detector, Geiger Counter, etc.)
4.  White Noise Generator

For Commlinks it states 2,000Y + device cost, using 2 capacity within the limb.  For the above cases, would it be similar (or in the case of the Sensor Housing, equal to its own capacity)?

EDIT:  A more specific use case below.  I think this comes down to me just wanting to see how I can get a cyberlimb that doesn't have any wasted capacity.

Cyberleg (Right, Obvious, Capacity 20)
. Cyber Holster x2 [10]
. Digigrade Legs [4]
. Handheld Sensor Housing (Capacity 1, Geiger Counter) [1]
. Large Smuggling Compartment [5]
« Last Edit: <05-18-18/0121:14> by Gorstavich »
"ZenCrafters.  Total enlightenment... in about an hour!"

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-18-18/1510:49> »
Most of these fall under sensors. You can get a single sensor for [1] capacity or a sensor array with up to eight sensors for [6] capacity. Because they're in a cyberlimb, the sensor ratings are capped at 5. See the tables on p.446 of the core rulebook.

1. Instead of a bug scanner, get the "radio signal scanner" which has the same functionality
2. Laser microphones are also sensors
3. Capacity cost for sensor arrays is [6] as mentioned above
4. White noise generators are not sensors and cannot be added to cyberlimbs by RAW

I wouldn't have any problem with house ruling that a white noise generator could be added to a cyberlimb for [1] capacity, but I wouldn't let it be part of a sensor array (i.e. one of the eight sensors you can stuff into an array).

Don't forget Armor! A couple extra points of armor is a great use for cyberlimb capacity.

Enhanced Agility and Enhanced Strength are also great if you've maxed out the Customized attributes and want to make someone who kicks like a mule.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #2 on: <05-18-18/1524:37> »
If I recall correctly, any piece of gear with a listed capacity cost can be installed in a cyberlimb. so you wouldn't need the handheld housing for the geiger counter, you can just put it in the limb.Although, IMO, you're missing what you can do with the limb. I would go with something like this: Obvious Cyberleg (customized to racial maximum STR/AGI) with STR +3 (3), AGI +3 (3), Armor +3 (3), Cyber Holster (5), Hydraulic Jack 6 (6). This means that if I need to kick something, it's going to be severely damaged (at least), I can get my gun into places where it's not allowed, and I have more armor than it appears I do.Of course, I trend toward a more physical character type, so YMMV with my approach.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-19-18/1255:24> »
Armor 3 is Availability 15, so you can only get it if the cyberlimb is Used.

Hydraulic jacks are great but require two cyberlegs. It sounds like Gorstavich only has one cyberleg.

Internal air tanks are another favorite of mine.

Gorstavich

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-21-18/1045:20> »
It sounds like Gorstavich only has one cyberleg.

Here is the full list that I am currently contemplating.  It was originally considerably longer, but I've decided to see what I could do with Priority C Resources (140,000Y) instead of Priority A.  In hindsight, I also like the idea of keeping my essence at or above 3 to start with.

Code: [Select]
Augmentation:
 10,000   0.45   Cyberarm (Right, Lower, Obvious, Capacity 10)
  3,000   [10]   . Built-In Savior Medkit
  5,000    [0]   . Customization (AGI 4, STR 3)
  3,000   0.20   Cyberears (Rating 1, Capacity 4)
  4,000    [1]   . Audio Enhancement (Rating 1)
  2,250    [1]   . Damper
    inc    [0]   . Sound Link
  4,000    [2]   . Spatial Recognizer
  4,000   0.20   Cybereyes (Rating 1, Capacity 4)
  1,000    [1]   . Flare Compensation
    inc    [0]   . Image Link
  1,500    [2]   . Thermographic Vision
  4,000    [1]   . Vision Enhancement (Rating 1)
 15,000   1.00   Cyberleg (Left, Full, Obvious, Capacity 20)
  4,000   [10]   . Cyber Holster x2
  5,000    [4]   . Digigrade Legs
  8,000    [5]   . Large Smuggling Compartment
    500    [1]   . Sensor (Radio Signal Scanner, Rating 5)
 15,000   1.00   Cyberleg (Right, Full, Obvious, Capacity 20)
  4,000   [10]   . Cyber Holster x2
  5,000    [4]   . Digigrade Legs
  8,000    [5]   . Large Smuggling Compartment
    500    [1]   . Sensor (Geiger Counter, Rating 5)
  1,000   0.10   Datajack

117,750   2.95   Total Cost / Essence Loss
"ZenCrafters.  Total enlightenment... in about an hour!"

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-21-18/1330:07> »
I would recommend instead of having 2 holster in each leg have +2 armor. Its a huge win.
Also, one of the best things about a cyberlimb is enhanced stats so I would try to go with a full cyberarm and +3 enhanced AGI. That would give you +3 to your pistols. You will have to sacrifice something else to stay in the essence you want, but it's a huge bonus. I would go with one leg and one arm, if it doesn't ruin your concept.

EDIT: Looking at the description, you can take Digigrade for partial leg.
« Last Edit: <05-21-18/1336:36> by Overbyte »
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-21-18/1732:51> »
Is 2x used feet with +3 armor in each still a thing?

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <05-22-18/1605:33> »
Is 2x used feet with +3 armor in each still a thing?

That is dumb.  And should never be a thing. ;D
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.