NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (IC)

• 687 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <07-16-16/1415:41> »
In the train, Yelena goes to hug Arc when her friend emerges from the lav, giving her a glass of water to drink.  "Is stronger if Srui want, but this best for now.  Arc think fast train new, then wait for airplane ride."  She leans over and places her forehead against the shorter human's and just leaves it there for a few seconds  without saying anything.

The ride in the van is certainly not as comfortable as the train had been and Yelena grimaces for not having asked for another vodka before detraining.  Yelena is impressed at the organization it has to take to make this sort of transport happen and is even more impressed by the sub-orbital they are put on next.  She smiles at the joke about peanuts and climbs aboard when instructed, sitting in the chair indicated.  She looks at her companions, realizing that this is the first time away from Seattle for some.  "Plane is OK.  Yelena fly some before.  Is strange when take off from ground.  Treat as new adventure."  As the plane rockets into the night, Yelena turns her thoughts to Poland and Nikolai.  And Tsina.  Unbidden, her mind brings up a memory of the sight of the woman laughing as she tossed the match that incinerated several of the still living members of the Bratva.  Flashing forward, her next memory is of the woman sneering at her as two hard men held Yelena up on the edge of the river.  "Вы приняли все I. Вы взяли мой мужчина и моя позиция здесь. Что еще хуже, вы были члены моей семьи, нашей семьи, смотрят на меня за спиной. Моя власть пошла. Поэтому я нашел новую семью. Скоро во всех этих людей будет меньше воспоминания, забыли, но Tsina Molavna не будут забыты. Я хотел бы создать новую из пепла старой и моя семья будет сильным. Ваша жизнь заканчивается здесь сегодня вечером, Елена вор. Rot в ад."  Yelena's next sight had been blossoms of fire from the end of Tsina's gun as three rounds tear into her chest.  The pain was almost instantly overtaken by the icy cold of the river she had been tossed into.  But Yelena had lived because the shadow had not been through with her yet and now she was going back to Europe to get justice for the dead.

She shakes her head as she remembers how Marco could never understand the difference between revenge and justice.  It would be revenge if Yelena was going back for herself, but it is justice because she is going back for the members of her Bratva family that had been slaughtered.  There is a difference.  Revenge is passion and hate while justice is cold and determined, and Yelena is definitely cold and determined.  She breaks from her memories and looks around at her companions, smiling to try to show them that the flight is nothing to be afraid of, but making sure that Arc knows where the air sickness bags are.

[spoiler]"You took all I had.  You took my man and my position here.  Worse, you had the members of my family, our family, laughing at me behind my back.  My authority was gone.  So I found a new family.  Soon all of these people will be less than memories, forgotten by everyone, but Tsina Molavna will not be forgotten.  I will create new from the ashes of the old and my family will be strong.  Your life ends here tonight, Yelena the thief.  Rot in hell."
« Last Edit: <07-23-16/2007:51> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <07-16-16/1955:30> »
I'd been on international flights before, even suborbital ones.  But one look at the jury rigged contraption we were taking half way around the globe and I suddenly had my doubts we'd ever make it to Europe.  When the pilot cracked off about the troll's weight, I initially believed him and blanched before a look at Yelena indicated he was trying unsuccessfully to make a joke.  My feelings of stupidity didn't last long since movement took my next glance toward Arc to see the troll providing an arm to steady the human rigger.  I think without that tree-trunk to support her that she'd be on the ground right now.

What have we gotten ourselves into...

I kept my cool mostly because I didn't want to break before the troll did.  I still have some standards!

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #47 on: <07-17-16/1029:09> »
Arc emerged a number of moments later from the lav, looking a bit haggard as Yelena approached her.  Taki MG TN e water, she downed it with a little bit of a gasp, relieved for the hydration.  As the elf touched foreheads to her, the risked mechanic closed her eyes, willing her emotions to flow through their connection...if that even worked.

"..thabks, Shrui.  Jusht...need to adjusht yeah?  I'll deal...and just water...shouldn't have shtronger..."  she offered a smile, letting the elf go as she meandered around the train.  ...it was a long ride, and at that speed had to have covered quite a deal.  Arc did the best she could...making a couple or so trips to the restaurant car to eat, and even managing to slip into her regulated coma-sleep for her needed 3 hours.  She didn't get sick much until they were warned their stop was approaching...

And then things moved.  She felt shepherded, pushed along as she crammed into the truck next to Tuskaloosa.  The ride was bumping, and more than a few outcries and curses, both in English and Or'Zet, came out of her mouth before they were through.

And then the plane...this one she may be less shaky about.  But with seats torn and needing to be strapped to the wall?  It was too much...feeling the color drain from her face, she was about to droo...but something kept her from doing so.  Her mouth dry, she nodded as they were pushed inside into their assigned seats, thanking Yelena for the air sickness bags.

Looking at her team, Arc could see how everyone else seemed to be in a state of discomfort as well.  Well at least I ain't alone in this drek...huu...

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <07-17-16/1102:16> »
Yelena is concerned for her friend and lends her arm to support Arc.  She notes that Jedediah seems to be handling everything with a calm exterior and smiles at him to show her appreciation.  Yelena makes sure that everyone is on board the plane then takes the seat next to the rigger and holds her hand for the flight.
« Last Edit: <07-23-16/2008:53> by Mercy Merchant »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #49 on: <07-17-16/1502:37> »
Arc was in a bit of a stupor as she was ushered into the plane, taking a seat and strapping in.  She recalled doing her simulations, the hotsim allowing her to even experience some sense of g-forces.  Licking her dry lips, she strapped in, looking up to see the elf buckling in next to her.  They had a few scant minutes before take-off...enough time for Arc to get her head around things.  There was no going back now for sure...who knows where they were now, but she imagined somewhere deep in the eastern UCAS if not anywhere else.  Her mind thought of home..her home...resolving that she would make sure they went home after this...but what if something went wrong..would she see it again?

Her thoughts were cut off as she felt her left hand...her real hand, real nerves..was grabbed, seeing Yelena trying to steady her.  She looked up, her green cybereyes locking with the elf as she softened, gripping tight as she took a breath.  "Huu...thanks, Srui.." She said softly, keeping her voice just loud enough to be heard.  Her heart panged, feeling a bit of guilt.  "I..."  She opened her mouth to say something, then paused.  "..I'm here.  I'm in this...."  She averted her gaze, looking ahead as she set her jaw, trying to steel herself.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <07-17-16/1543:32> »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa screams Marco and attempts to break free... he is tied up, to a bed.

What? Where ? Why ? 

There is a Van Gogh on the wall, a tray of untouched cold food near the bed, an empty chair... and five minor spirits looking over him.

"You stayed with me?! why are you so nice to me?"

So he remembers binding spirits and there was no denying in the pain and agony. Something is terribly broken, he remembered that too. Some fundamental things were missing, - What he did to get into that situation - where he was and why did he just do whatever he did.  Being suddenly aware of these memory gaps Marco thought:

it is strange that I do not know these things... almost like...

No, it cannot be?

Is it possible that I can alter my own memories?

Is it possible that I do not know that I can do so?

Did I really go crazy?!

A good looking nurse arrived, due to the scream, she looked so tired - yet her aura was the most beautiful Marco has ever seen.
To be honest, Marco have not actually sensed many aura before, but that particular one felt familiar.

"Are you an angel ? " Asked Marco, with genuine awe.

« Last Edit: <07-17-16/1550:16> by gilga »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <07-19-16/1417:32> »
Tuesday, December 31-Wednesday January 1

Jed remained quiet and relaxed through the whole ordeal.  Surreptitiously taking photos of individuals through his buttonhole camera, before they boarded the plane, he loaded programs to overcome static and increase his firewall as he sent images to Escher.  If i disappear, give these images to Mike, in case he wants to follow up

Jed tried to appear as though he were sleeping, ankles crossed over his cane, hands folded over the knob on his chest, and hat pulled over his eyes.  He actually slept some, but when we was awake, he was watching in his AR through his camera.  They entered the new year sometime during the night.  Looking at the time, it appeared he'd slept through it.  It was ok.  He hadn't kissed anyone on New Years in decades.  His summoned spirit and watcher were gone. Towards the middle of the trip, He sat up and started practicing pronunciation on the Polish that he was learning.  After a total of about 4 hours, he felt that he had a pretty decent command of basic Polish including street slang.  He wouldn't be holding his own in the boardroom, but that wasn't really his shtick anyway.  Afterward, he spent some time perusing through photos on social media out of Poland, getting a feel for the culture, styles of clothing, and general layout of the country and major cities.  There was no way he was going to convince anyone he was Polish, but he picked up enough to blend in visually a bit.  His plan when they arrived was to head to a thrift store and trade in his current clothes and armor jacket for a few sets of used clothing and shoes in a more European cut, plus a lined trench coat.  The armored jacket would stand out on the street, and long coats seemed to be more common for the region.  Jed's plan was to fade into the background.  He wanted to be nearby, but not seen.  He wasn't likely to survive direct confrontation.   He needed to affect the outcome indirectly, be ready to swoop in if things went to shit. 

Jed needed to make sure the group understood his plan without laying it out for outsiders.  Dropping a quick message to the group, he expressed his intentions to stay in the background.
« Last Edit: <07-25-16/1056:46> by SmilinIrish »
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <07-19-16/1533:50> »
@ Marco  The nurse looks at Marco with a smile and says, "No, I'm your nurse. And I'm glad you're finally doing better. I've got some lunch here. It's applesauce and miso soup. If you can hold that down then for dinner you can have something a bit more substantial." She smiles encouragingly at Marco. "With you still in casts I'll need to feed you. But, don't worry, the casts will come off in time for tomorrows dinner. They used quite a bit of magical healing on you so your healing time is dramatically reduced. But, you're still going to need some time to recover as you were very nearly dead when you came in and I overheard one of the casters say that you were a bit resistant to the healing." She smiles brightly and encouragingly at Marco, "Still, you're doing better now and it's time to eat." With that last sentence she presses the buttons so that the bed begins moving Marco up and into a seated position. She feeds Marco quickly and he finds that the small meal fills him  up.

@ Jed  Escher responds quickly, >>Will do buddy. And be careful.<<
« Last Edit: <07-19-16/1543:46> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <07-19-16/1705:10> »
Marco sighs "You are too modest" He says and eats what ever she feeds him - he still feels a bit confused. Looking at the room again, something does not adds up.
"What is this place?" He asks, and eats whatever. The rest of the time  he spends looking at the Van Gogh painting until finally concluding, it is upside down - why would someone hang it that way, Marco has no idea.
« Last Edit: <07-21-16/0728:36> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <07-20-16/0101:48> »
During the flight, Yelena leaves her seat and walks to everyone to make sure that they are doing well.  Stopping at Jed, she puts a hand on his shoulder.  Yelena thank PI man come.  Is long way from home.  Yelena bring back when done.  Yelena much thank Jedediah for come.  Is good friend."

She goes to see how Arc is doing.  "Srui doing well?  Send message rigger man.  Tell him much love.  Arc go home soon.  Maybe have much babies.  Yelena is good auntie.  Spoil all then bring home to Srui and rigger man.  Here is extra bag for sick if need."

After checking on everyone, Yelena returns to her seat and begins thinking of the long road it has been to get here.  She falls asleep in the middle of the memories.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <07-20-16/1008:33> »
@ Marco  The nurse smiles at him as he eats and says, "Good job! As long as your able to keep that down I'll let the doctor know you're ready for something a bit more substantial this evening." When he asks where he is she adds, "You are at a treatment center. Don't worry, it's top secret and you are here under an alias as a witness. Once you're better you'll leave under protection. It'll be in a fully enclosed car so you won't be seen. You also won't be able to identify any part of it to return. I do have it on your file that you're set for discharge in five days so we need to work hard to get you better quickly and as soon as the casts come off your set for Physical Therapy as well as Speech Therapy to make sure that there's no residual damage from the fall. You've had a busy afternoon, do you need anything for the pain?" She says examining him with her eyes.

@ Yelena, Arc, & Jedediah  The landing is rough as they hit an extended bit of turbulance and when they debark the craft, they come out onto a tarmac in heavy snowfall mixed with sleet. The wind cuts through their clothing like a knife and the waiting van is parked far enough away that they almost missed seeing it in the dark, finally spotting it from it's dimmed out parking lights.
« Last Edit: <07-23-16/1629:35> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #56 on: <07-20-16/1048:29> »
When it was fully clear that the whole "strapping someone to the wall of the plane" wasn't a joke, Arc was about to volunteer herself...but was privately grateful Jed best her to it.  In a show of her thanks, the human made a point to check his and Tuska's harnesses, to make sure they were both secure.  She heaved only once...shortly after going up, the feeling of her inards pulled to the ground a new and alien experience for the mechanic.

Seated with her companions, Arc tried her best not to focus on the fact that they were miles above the ground...instead focusing on the sound of the machine works...the humming, the jets, etc.  In fact, she jumped a little when Yelena spoke to her..and her face reddened at the words.

"Tch...I will...heh."  she looked her Srui in the eyes, nodding her head.  "I'll hold you to that.  Let's get home first then we can worry about spoiling any kids, eh?"  giving a nervous chuckle, she gripped the bag.

The turbulence...Arc seriously thought they were going down.  White knuckling the seat arms, she was breathing hard, eyes bugging out and looking to either side...but eventually, it was over.  Helping Tuska out of her harnessing, she followed the group outside to the van...gasping again as the cold bit into her...   shouldn't have left the cold suits in the luggage...fraaag all...

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <07-21-16/0110:22> »
It has been a long time since Yelena has been outside in the bitter cold of an Eastern European winter.  Seattle is relatively mild compared to the landing strip, and there is little to block out the wind and sleet.  Still, it is a walk on a summer day compared to some of the winters she experienced in Russian Siberia.  She makes sure that her companions are safe and out of the plane before grabbing some of the gear and walking towards the waiting van.  She shifts the gear a bit as she closes on the vehicle, prepared to drop the gear in her hands and grab for her pistol if necessary.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <07-21-16/0736:37> »
Marco said "Top secret ? You don't say, so you are like a super spy nurse? This is nova."  Continuing to look at the drawing he finally said "Pain?
The thing that would ease my pain the most is if you make sure that the painting is hanged properly...
That drawing freaks me out. I can appreciate the artistic taste, but  to place a masterpiece like that upside down is too bold for my blood.
It makes me feel like all the rules were tossed out of the window and there is no right and wrong anymore... Completely terrifying. " 

« Last Edit: <07-21-16/0738:44> by gilga »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <07-21-16/0745:54> »
The cold.  Like a knife, the cold cut through Jed straight to his bones.  Jed tried to keep from shivering, but it was no use.  One of the first things we'll need is some new clothes.  Yelena and Arc didn't seem as bothered as he was.  Must be his age.  Layers.   We  need layers.
« Last Edit: <07-25-16/1058:09> by SmilinIrish »
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms