NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <09-03-10/1546:46> »
I see people are already signing up--welcome to the forums! Have fun, and talk lots about Shadowrun! If there's any way we can make the forums work better for you, please let us know!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Uniquitous

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <09-03-10/1925:02> »
Thanks for setting this up. Can we get an LFG forum set up? Something to help those who are looking for players or a group to join.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-03-10/1928:09> »
Thanks for setting this up. Can we get an LFG forum set up? Something to help those who are looking for players or a group to join.

You absolutely can! I'll get right on it.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Uniquitous

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-03-10/2138:54> »
Thanks, chummer!

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-04-10/1801:08> »
Maybe i'm just not finding it, but it would be nice to have a link (probably the SR logo would be best) to get back to the main SR page from the forums.
Thanks!

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-04-10/1805:40> »
The button is teeny tiny little fella directly below the Search:...in teeny tiny letters it says HOME.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-04-10/1832:43> »
That just gets you to the forums home; I think he's looking to get back to the main shadowrun.4.com splash page. Probably the best thing would be to make the logo on top of the page clickable. Let me see what I can do.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

GBL

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-05-10/0527:39> »
Its good to have an official forum for this stuff. Never felt quite right at Dumpshock.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <09-05-10/0534:54> »
Its good to have an official forum for this stuff. Never felt quite right at Dumpshock.

That would be because of the over-all bad feel of that place, no doubt. Believe me,
I never really liked that place much...certain posters there tended to be very insulting,
belligerent, and condescending....and EVERYWHERE. Someone starts a thread to discuss
one thing, and next thing you know, it is either Mr. lucky, Ghoul Appocalypse, hate on
the Ghost Walker story/immortal elves, or house rules that had nothing to do with the original
poster....Place was just not friendly....

Hand Amputation

• Newb
  • GUNK!
« Reply #9 on: <09-05-10/1423:01> »
Hello and welcome!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <09-05-10/1451:56> »

That would be because of the over-all bad feel of that place, no doubt. Believe me,
I never really liked that place much...certain posters there tended to be very insulting,
belligerent, and condescending....and EVERYWHERE. Someone starts a thread to discuss
one thing, and next thing you know, it is either Mr. lucky, Ghoul Appocalypse, hate on
the Ghost Walker story/immortal elves, or house rules that had nothing to do with the original
I've been a long-time lurker over there. Mostly because the threads move way too quickly (three pages of unread threads in 4 hours!!) and because I never felt comfortable jumping into conversations. Not always because of what Mara said, but that was the reason on more than a few occasions.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #11 on: <09-05-10/1511:41> »

Hey, c'mon.  Let's not dive into negativity just to rant about how negative somewhere else is.  There's no need to bash somewhere else to say you like it here, y'know?

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <09-05-10/1651:56> »

Hey, c'mon.  Let's not dive into negativity just to rant about how negative somewhere else is.  There's no need to bash somewhere else to say you like it here, y'know?

Truth =)  A lot of DSers came over to help get this ball rolling, (hey, I even promised to leave my belligerence at the door^^) so let's keep the positive tone that this board has going for it =)

edit - to make it clear who I was replying to.
« Last Edit: <09-05-10/1913:28> by Mooncrow »

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: <09-05-10/1910:20> »
Yeah, as stated, there are a few of us old hands from DS who are helping with this effort.  However, yeah.. its a place with its own character, but like other posters here, let's not get into bashing it.  DS and us are here for one reason, Shadowrun.. everything else is just color;)
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <09-06-10/1517:35> »
Thank you for creating this forum, it's always good to have a place where you can share your ideas and see other people opinions and ideas. And also have fellow GM and players point of view on Shadowrun's many mysteries, like Horrors and more.
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516