Shadowrun General > General Discussion

Wolf and the raven:

(1/3) > >>

Frankie the Fomori:
So I like this book alot and while re-reading it i thought of the concept that a Wolf like PC would employ using 4a rules. I know that this was written around the time that 1ed was even making it into print so there is no straight cross over class for Wolf. Now i am going to use spells for some of what he gets and adept powers for another. So let’s say we have a mystic adept (-10 BP), Mentor spit (wolf -5 BP), and whatever else you would like to add to positive qualities.

Then you use Geas (+10 BP) and tie it into your adept powers, namely you need to call on wolf to access them. Then you split your points as you see fit, I was thinking of using a 500BP build, and magic 6; 4 points for spells and 2 points for powers. For spells i was thinking heal, changshape, combat sense, improved reflexes.  Any thoughts?

Doc Chaos:
Thats a concept I have to chew on for a while, but I like where you're going with it...

FastJack:
Hmm... I don't know if I'd go with spellcasting or with Phys Adept powers that only activate with the Geas of calling on his Mentor Spirit. It would be totally a role-playing option. Maybe make the Willpower + Charisma (3) test when he wants to access the powers?

Tarot:
I always thought that he was a wolf-shifter with a super close relationship with his totem and selective amnesia about being born a wolf. But after re-reading the book again I gotta go with Frankie's Mystic adept idea. it makes more sense than my origional theory

Critias:
The issue is (partially) that Wolf and Raven was, while released later in the Shadowrun series of stories, some of the very first Shadowrun fiction ever written.  It's my understanding that -- at the time it was being composed -- the Shadowrun game developers hadn't really pinned down what exactly a werewolf was or how it worked.

Stackpole intended for Wolf to be a werewolf/Shaman, but when the rules were more clearly laid out (describing all that a were-critter is and what it does), that didn't really "jive" so smoothly.  I think that, for those trying to recreate Wolf using SR4, a Shamanic Way Adept is the way to go -- enhanced senses, killing hands (that look like claws), etc, etc...and tie it all to having an innate, natural, magical, bond with the Wolf mentor spirit.  After he gets a little Karma under his belt you can look into the actual Shapeshift spell, Eyes of the Pack, Animal Attunement, and some other cool wolf-y stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version