NEWS

[Resource] [Spell] Pack Mind

• 18 Replies

Crash_00

« Reply #15 on: <02-07-12/1125:34> »
The old thread was given a 24 hour lock. It should be unlocked sometime today. I highly suggest not creating a duplicate thread when the first one still exists and was given a temporary lock.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #16 on: <02-07-12/1303:23> »
The old thread was given a 24 hour lock. It should be unlocked sometime today. I highly suggest not creating a duplicate thread when the first one still exists and was given a temporary lock.
True. I had meant to unlock it this morning, but got called away to a business meeting. The other thread has now been unlocked and this thread will be merged with it.

Just be on your best behavior and all will be well. ;)

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #17 on: <02-07-12/1307:43> »
True. I had meant to unlock it this morning, but got called away to a business meeting. The other thread has now been unlocked and this thread will be merged with it.

Just be on your best behavior and all will be well. ;)

Right, then. I'm going to edit the first post and get rid of the one where I reposted the stuff.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #18 on: <02-07-12/1346:39> »
First let me say that i respect the thoughts and the work you put into creating this spell.
Its well-thought out - drain, boni and even the disadvantages fit very good together.

But i do have a suggestion about the indirect spellcasting.
Reading Clairvoyance and Borrow Sense make me believe that the devs don't want to grant us the indirect spellcasting at all. Meaning one should not be able to cast through pack members.
But considering the fact of shared consciousness and that the mage wouldn't shift his sight to a new point of perspective, but instead actually gain a new kind of direct sense to see the target, i would still consider it direct spellcasting. The -3 modifier is still reasonable though, but you wouldn't need the negative essence modifier.

Also you implicitly used the Extended Area option, while a normal version with 2 less drain and maybe average 20 meter radius is a very viable option.

then you'd know there aren't any actual rules for "hacking" psychic communications, so if it's going to be possible at all it's going to be a GM's Discretion situation.
Sorry to go slightly off-topic here. There a indeed no actual rules for psychic hacking, but for me the FAQ has as much merit as any other book, as long as it is not contradicting. In the books hinted and in the FAQ further explained is the possibility to eaves drop on psychic communication. For that you have to be a projecting mage and use "silent" manifestation near the target. But yes, it will still be up to the GM how this will work.