Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

[SR5E] help me make MegaMan Zero, a street samurai.

<< < (2/2)

Marcus:
Did the German version rule the other way on legs and agility to speed? I remember something about that coming up in some thread awhile back.

Anyways limbs are solid. It just comes down to what you want to do. Two arms perfectly, good, and certainly optimal for guns. Now on long arms you need to talk with your GM. Different GMs have different ideas of what averages when it comes to using long arms. SSDR, is right that the cyber rules are reasonably complex, and require some thinking. But once you get used to them, they can do some impressive stuff.

It really is simple a question of how you see the character fighting.

Tenrier:

--- Quote from: Marcus on ---Did the German version rule the other way on legs and agility to speed? I remember something about that coming up in some thread awhile back.

Anyways limbs are solid. It just comes down to what you want to do. Two arms perfectly, good, and certainly optimal for guns. Now on long arms you need to talk with your GM. Different GMs have different ideas of what averages when it comes to using long arms. SSDR, is right that the cyber rules are reasonably complex, and require some thinking. But once you get used to them, they can do some impressive stuff.

It really is simple a question of how you see the character fighting.

--- End quote ---

I see them using a few one handed weapons and could use some of the slots to hold guns that could be done like that. In melee he uses the one hand for his hand to hand, possibly get a melee weapon for that one. I have just found out I have two mages and I'm the only non-mage ;^^

So I see him trying to be quick reacting, use environment to his advantage, and take down enemies before they can get to the mages.

Michael Chandra:

--- Quote from: kyoto kid on ---...would that work for rifles?

--- End quote ---
Herolab follows 'only 1 hand matters', I'd argue that rifles require the averaging.

Marcus:

--- Quote from: Michael Chandra on ---
--- Quote from: kyoto kid on ---...would that work for rifles?

--- End quote ---
Herolab follows 'only 1 hand matters', I'd argue that rifles require the averaging.

--- End quote ---

Yeah but what do you average at your table? Two Arms? Two arms and Torso? Something else?

kyoto kid:
..yeah I would say two arms, not so much just a hand or lower arm on one.  Maybe for a "bullpup" SMG that would be OK, but a rifle with more kick that need the other arm not just the hand to steady the barrel when firing, I would normally think the whole arm would be required.

So next, wondering about the average.  If a character has a 2 agility in the natural arm and 8 in the Cyberarm. does the Agility average for using both arms (such as for firing a rifle) then go to 5?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version