Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

[SR4a] Archetypes: replacements for the Sample Characters

<< < (4/83) > >>

squee_nabob:
Looks good

UmaroVI:

--- Quote from: Shinobi Killfist on ---His detective seemed more crime scene detective than legwork detective, which is probably why his contact list is sparse for most detectives. 

--- End quote ---

"It looks like the victim was dressed up in a Jester costume, and was shot in the back with armor piercing flechettes. What do you think was going on, here?"

"It looks to me like.... Harlequin's back."

YYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Earthshaker:

*Lurk mode off*

Heya Umaro - First off you've done a huge amount of work and opened my eyes to a few interesting facets of the new system and the way everything works together. So thanks this post is great.

Next a little critique.

Whether you know it or not it seems that you have become a bit powergamey/minmaxer in your character builds.

Those characters you've created (i've only gone through a few so far) are beasts, i'd hate to see a maxed power-gaming character you created (I realise several parts of your character sheets are cut and pasted ie all  have ruthenium overcoat and awesome sensor packages)

I find the lack of presence of the most common race in your list a bit telling, the other races have better stats ... but where is the Human Magician who glorifies in just being a Wizard and who has just enough touches to the design to make him effective as a Runner.

And if you've considered all that before, can I put in a request that you include a plain jane Human Magician .. not super optimised, just the same level as the other cool characters.

*Lurk mode on*

UmaroVI:
If I add more characters (which I am considering, although possibly only after giving them a bit more time for discussion/feedback), my first priority will probably be more humans (unless there's some overlooked niche that humans don't fill well).

Blitz66:
Thank you, Umaro.  Awesome work.  Learned a lot from these builds.  I like your design philosophy.  Really, having a well-constructed baseline to work from is extremely beneficial.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version