Shadowrun Play > Play-by-Post

Bye, Bye Blackbird IC

(1/38) > >>

ismilealot:
The clouds were gone from the sky, the snow cleared from the streets, and the night was bone-chillingly cold.

gilga:
The evening was cold, and the night was going to be colder, but the coldest of them all was Blackbird. He walked to the Dom Polski and his thoughts raced. Memories, so many memories - he was resisting but always passively. Previously he had ideals, pacifism he had some noble goal to fight for. What now? It all faded away. Perhaps this is what being an adult was about, taking responsibility on your life. "Perhaps I am growing up, seeing the world for what it is. Accepting my own impotence to change it and focusing on the only thing that I can change - my own story. "

Blackbird checked the astral around him frequently - part of it was being cautious while another part was seeing his favorite peacock and doing the astrally equivalent of smiling. His alone days were over, Marco could always sense the presence of his bounded spirits. He changed them and they changed him, his eyes were open now - his mind was open. There were fewer answers and more observations - the black and whites have faded into greys. The newly crafted power focus proved extremely useful - it amplified Marco's emotions to new heights.  Unlike his surrounding, he was not slave to his emotions - he was their master. He forgave Sam, forgave Yelena and most importantly forgave himself. His concerns were no longer about his past... "the past is just an illusion, revenge is empty I turn to the future. I opened my third eye and discovered my courage to find out what I really am and how I can break free from my masters. Today is the first day of my new life."

The Dom Polski was an expensive restaurant, with live traditional polish music, and private tables. As Blackbird arrived, the hostess quickly showed him to his booth where the wine of his selection was already unbottled and waiting in the perfect temperature for consumption. Blackbird purred a glass of red wine and begun playing with it, smelling it. "I can kill a man and just move on with my life like nothing happened. Perhaps I am an assassin after all... My masters taught me well." He thoughts as he nursed the wine glass, waiting for his comrade to join.

ismilealot:
Perhaps the most gorgeous man Marco had ever seen walked into the restaurant wearing a perfectly tailored Tain Morgana suit. The deference of the waiter was immediate d Marco saw the man turn to the maître 'de with a relaxed, easy mannerism. Marco couldn't see the man's question, but from the shake of the maître de's head, he was guessing the answer was no.

gilga:
Marco briefly assensed the man, would probably wont be very useful but new senses required some getting used to. He checked the man and the suit trying to take some style notes. He rose from his seat and walked to greet the man, he introduced himself  John Black.

[spoiler]
assensing: 8d6t5 1
Perception: 8d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

ismilealot:
      Assensing the man showed Marco that he was indeed male and human, and not much else. And Velenkoradi was at the far end of the restaurant, apparently amused by a small, plain woman sitting across from a clearly nervous man. Currently the spirit was playing peek-a-boo with Marco using the woman's head to hide behind. Up close the man showed a casual elegance and grace. His clothes while clearly current fashion and well tailored, were also not brand new and purchased simply to impress a new client.
       Upon hearing Marco introduce himself the man turned away from the maître de and said, "It is a pleasure to finally meet in person John after all of our business dealings." He extended his hand for a firm handshake. And nodding towards the maître de he said, "Andrzej tells me that Janek is not here today. It is a shame. He is the Dom Polski's best chef and his seasoning is sheer perfection. But, lets sit down. It's inhuman to discuss dinner before we've had a glass of wine."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version